Sponsored

KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here!

Xtremetj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 Platinum, Ignot Silver, 2019 Rubicon Unlimited, Billet Silver
Occupation
Oil & Gas Environmental Rep
Thanks! I agree with you and given how much I was spending, I wanted it to look amazing. My buddy gave me a great recommendation on a powdercoater who was very fair with his price if I was willing to wait. He promised it in 2 weeks and it took 4 weeks (oh well). I was doing the roof rack anyway ($275) and he only charged $75 to do the two KC Hilites brackets. The bonus was calling Prismatics for their colors and the person suggested a color that the powdercoater ordered (Dirty White) and it was an exact match.

What I found in my research and luckily I researched it is that some powdercoaters will try to rip you off. I called the dealership's recommendation and he wanted $1,200. I checked around with others who have powdercoated and found places not near me that were $200 to $400.

I think more people should do it. For the roof rack we went with a textured powdercoat and that turned out great too.
Man... that’s a great price. I’m going to have to call the guy the local shop uses and see what he charges. He does a great job matching colors too.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A

Allstars_S2

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Vehicle Showcase
Man... that’s a great price. I’m going to have to call the guy the local shop uses and see what he charges. He does a great job matching colors too.
Let me know how it turns out.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
That looks great man!

I think I’m going to have consider having the mounts powder coated or painted too. I have a silver Jeep and I kind of think it’s too much black. It looks good on the other colors but I’m not convinced on silver.
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! @lnd_fam

Hi Greg, my buddy Jack (@lnd_fam on IG) has a silver JL and color matched it. Here is a picture of it. Hope this helps.

Sponsored

smgill75

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Build Thread
Link
Your Jeep looks great, nice build. I love the fog picture, very cool shot. I also have the Wide40s on my A-Pillar. Angled down and out. Covers the sides very well.
Thanks! I love having the wide40s on it. Every time I think I'm "done" I have some more items I'm keen to try. GMRS going in now. Thinking I need some skids for Rausch Creek. Contemplating upgrading brakes as well.

smgill75

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Build Thread
Link
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! @lnd_fam

Hi Greg, my buddy Jack (@lnd_fam on IG) has a silver JL and color matched it. Here is a picture of it. Hope this helps.
I like that look! Though I will say, since I have the black fenders, I've been digging the contrast between the silver and black. I just like all the variety that makes each Jeep their own.

Means2212

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 2017 Ford Raptor, 2012 Ford Explorer, 2019 JLUR
Hi Tyler. Sorry to hear. If you submit to the KC RMA RETURN FORM they should be able to handle it for you. If you want to let me know once you submit it, I can have someone I know over at KC flag it and get it resolved for you ASAP, just let me know once you submit the form.
Appreciate it,

Submitted the RMA and got a response today from Justin. Sounds like it should be an easy enough swap and I don’t have to send the whole bar in so I’m pretty stoked about that. I was a little worried when I hadn’t heard that but getting quick response and help after the RMA cleared up any concerns I had.

DEVIL JL

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Pro-Touring
For those of you with the light bar mount, does your sit flush? Mine does not lay flat against the a-pillar at the top. But everything is aligned and bolted on correctly.

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! F6F200C8-BD68-4DE0-855E-DBB7E093FAF0

Sponsored

NewTXJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Installed my Flex amber Shields... I was considering going 2 at each end amber, middle 3 clear, but decided to keep it simple. I might still do it though.. considering the middle three are different beam pattern.

624EEFA4-F9BD-451E-B500-C7163F74402C.jpeg

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Appreciate it,

Submitted the RMA and got a response today from Justin. Sounds like it should be an easy enough swap and I don’t have to send the whole bar in so I’m pretty stoked about that. I was a little worried when I hadn’t heard that but getting quick response and help after the RMA cleared up any concerns I had.
Awesome, glad it worked out.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
For those of you with the light bar mount, does your sit flush? Mine does not lay flat against the a-pillar at the top. But everything is aligned and bolted on correctly.

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 624EEFA4-F9BD-451E-B500-C7163F74402C
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! IMG_7054

Hi Taylor,
There is a gap like that on all of them. Here is a picture of mine. It helps for hiding the wire.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Installed my Flex amber Shields... I was considering going 2 at each end amber, middle 3 clear, but decided to keep it simple. I might still do it though.. considering the middle three are different beam pattern.

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! IMG_7054
That looks so good. I really like the extra 2 lights added on.