Sponsored

KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here!

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
For long range trail driving : the 6" Gravity Sport LED or the 6" 100 SlimLite LED

Which is brighter and has longer range?
Hi @Dano36

KC’s LED Slimlites use high-performance Cree XD-16 LEDs. They have an optimized beam pattern that has a spot beam output for long-distance lighting along with fill light for short to mid-range light. If you want the brighter with the longer distance, go with the Slimlite LEDs, plus you get some of the closer range light. Here are some stats listed below you can check out also. You can use KC Promo Code KCJEEPGEN on their website right now for 10% off.

LIGHT PERFORMANCE (per light at 12V)

SLIMLITE® LED 6”
- Raw Lumens: 7,260 lm
- Lux @ 10 Meters: 2500 lx
- Candela: 250,000 cd

Pro-Sport with Gravity® LED G6 - Spot
-Raw Lumens: 2,300 lm
-Lux @ 10 Meters: Spot- 2150 lx
-Candela: Spot- 215,000 cd,

SPECIFICATIONS (per light)

SLIMLITE® LED 6”
- Wattage: 44W at 12V; 50W at 13.5V
- Amp Draw: 4.0A (at 12V)
- Voltage: 9-32V
- Color Temperature: 5000K
- Dimensions: W - 6.21" x H - 6.71" x D - 2.70"
- Housing: Black UV treated aluminum housing

Pro-Sport with Gravity® LED G6 - Spot
-Wattage: 20W
-Amp Draw: 1.63A
-Voltage: 9V-32V
-Product Dimensions: W - 6.25" x H - 7.00" x D - 4.54"
-Housing: Black Composite Polymax housing
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2.jpg
3.jpg

What do you all think looks better, the 2 Pro6 Amber Covers on the A-Pillar or the top Light Bar? Performance wise, I like them up top.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
thank you. Thinking of adding a little amber. Likely get the Baja Designs street legal fogs in amber..
upload_2020-4-16_8-15-53.png

View attachment 307703

@NewTXJL , KC has street legal Amer LED Fogs also if that is what you are looking for. Its not a cover, the LED is an actual Amber LED. So it looks like a normal light, then when you turn it on, amber light comes out. I'll leave some info below if you want to check it out.

Gravity® LED G4 Amber Fog Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL-Sahara-Rubicon & Gladiator JT-Overland-Rubicon Stock Bumper - #507
Gravity® LED G4 Amber Fog Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL & Gladiator JT Sport-S-Altitude Bumper - #508
Gravity® LED G4 Amber Fog Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL-Rubicon-Moab & Gladiator JT-Rubicon Steel Bumper - #509

LIGHT PERFORMANCE(PER LIGHT)

-Raw Lumens: 866 lm
-Compliance: SAE J583 & ECE-R19 Street Legal
-Lux @ 10 Meters: 150 lx
-Candela: 15,000 cd
-Beam Distance (Meters): 245m

SPECIFICATIONS(PER LIGHT)
-Wattage: 10W
-LED Source: CREE LED
-Color Temperature: 5000K
-Amp Draw: .74A
-Voltage: 9V-32V
-IP Rating: IP69
-Product Dimensions: W - 3.94" x H - 3.94" x D - 3.44"

upload_2020-4-16_8-17-56.png

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
thank you. Thinking of adding a little amber. Likely get the Baja Designs street legal fogs in amber..
I know that marketing can be full of BS but you might look at the Diode Dynamics Fogs too. Baja Designs was looking pretty week in their test.
They sent this out in an email last week:

IMG_3897.JPG

NewTXJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I know that marketing can be full of BS but you might look at the Diode Dynamics Fogs too. Baja Designs was looking pretty week in their test.
They sent this out in an email last week:

IMG_3897.JPG
Thanks for this. The diode dynamics ones look compelling, especially at the price point. I do like the ability to switch lenses on the BD though...decisions, decisions...! Alternatively, I can just add the amber cover to the Flex bar..!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The only ones I use the KC 6" Daylighters in LED and HID. The spots are narrow, bright and go on forever. The driving lights give a good middle length pattern to supplement the headlights. Tried Rigid cubes and a flashlight could do better than them.
Dark photo but shows front and side lights.
IMG_20200421_094416.jpg

Last edited:

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
@Jeep Generation

Ordering some Cyclones for under the hood, but have been going back and forth on off road lights. Want to get some ambers for the front (placed on Mopar Steel bumper or winch guard (do not want to replace the LED fogs, or headlights - yet), for fog, mist, rain etc. and want to get spots for broader view (ditch, as well as front). Wish to keep to a round light due to the look, but open to cubes. What would you recommend for the amber fogs (low in front), and spots (a-pillar). Love the Gravity bar on top, but not quite ready for that yet :)

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
@Jeep Generation

Ordering some Cyclones for under the hood, but have been going back and forth on off road lights. Want to get some ambers for the front (placed on Mopar Steel bumper or winch guard (do not want to replace the LED fogs, or headlights - yet), for fog, mist, rain etc. and want to get spots for broader view (ditch, as well as front). Wish to keep to a round light due to the look, but open to cubes. What would you recommend for the amber fogs (low in front), and spots (a-pillar). Love the Gravity bar on top, but not quite ready for that yet :)
Hi Bob,
If you are looking for a combination of A-Pillar and Front Bumper lights, and wanting some Amber light, here are some good options...

For the Bumper I would suggest...
Gravity LED Pro6 SAE/ECE Driving Beam on the front bumper with a couple of Pro6 6" Amber Light Shield Cover.
Or
10" FLEX Array LED Combo Beam Light Bar with a 10" Flex Amber Shield.

Out of the two, I would say the Pro6 Driving Beam. It would give you more up close and wider light, plus you can easily remove the Amber Shield if you want the White Light, and it is SAE/ECE rated. I have the 10" Flex, but I also have the Pro6 Combo Bar on top and Amber Fogs.

For the A-Pillar I would suggest...
Gravity LED Pro6 Spot Beam on A-Pillar if you have the Pro6 Driving Beam on Bumper. The Driving will give you more closer up and wider light, the Spots will be narrow and far down the trail.
Or
The New LED SlimLite on the A-Pillar if you have the 10" Flex on the Bumper. The Flex has 3 Spots in the center and 1 Spread on each end of the bar (total of 5 lights). The SlimLite is a Spot beam output for long-distance lighting along with Fill light for short to mid-range light.

Now I have the Pro6 Wide-40 Beam on my A-Pillar. I use them as ditch lights. They are angled out and down slightly. Creates a V, the point in the front of the Jeep then angles out to the sides. I use that instead of those other options because I have the Pro6 bar on top, so I don't need the Spots on the A-Pillar.
If you are wanting ditch lights like that, I would suggest the Flex LED Dual Spread Pattern on the A-Pillar with either of the front bumper options.

Here are some specific Jeep JL kits also if you want to check them out.
JEEP WRANGLER JL LIGHTS, LIGHT BARS, LIGHT MOUNTS & OFF ROAD LIGHTS

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions. You can also get 10% off right now with Promo Code KCJEEPGEN
Sponsored