Sponsored

KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here!

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
TrailRecon did a really nice video of the stock vs. KC fog lights (and headlights). It is very impressive. Here is the link starting at his comparison:

TrailRecon is given everything they review. Therefore you never see negative reviews. In fact the only time anything negative was the "x things I no longer have on my Jeep" which should have been titled "X things I gave bullshit positive reviews for so you wasted your money buying them that were crap so I took them off...."
Sponsored

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Where are you installing this? How did it turn out?
I finished the install last night and posted here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-bright-white-build.48423/page-3#post-1079375

There is a difference in the photos however to the naked eye it was a fairly incremental over the stock LEDs. It did show me the stock LED fogs aren't bad. My feeling is run the stock ones and put the money towards other lights and upgrades or use something other than the KCs like the Baja Designs that have a much higher lumen rating and are still SAE.

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
TrailRecon is given everything they review. Therefore you never see negative reviews. In fact the only time anything negative was the "x things I no longer have on my Jeep" which should have been titled "X things I gave bullshit positive reviews for so you wasted your money buying them that were crap so I took them off...."
I can agree with what you are saying however he does demonstrate the light difference in the video and I will give real world test a decent amount of weight even if the product is free.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
I finished the install last night and posted here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-bright-white-build.48423/page-3#post-1079375

There is a difference in the photos however to the naked eye it was a fairly incremental over the stock LEDs. It did show me the stock LED fogs aren't bad. My feeling is run the stock ones and put the money towards other lights and upgrades or use something other than the KCs like the Baja Designs that have a much higher lumen rating and are still SAE.
I wasn't sure about the stock LEDs, but they would be a huge improvement over the stock halogens. I had the halogens and they were horrible.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I'm looking to buy a set of pro6 for the A-pillars. Do they come with the KC covers or do you have to buy those sepertely? Thanks.
KC Pro6 Cover.JPG

Each Pro6 comes with the black cover with yellow letters on it. You can get custom stickers to cover the yellow letters like we did from @pixeldecals or the Amber covers from KC separately.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Just finished another little fun project;
Added 2 KC Cyclone LED lights to my underhood engine compartment. I bought the kit and got it installed fairly quickly. First, I removed my hood prop, (I have the Redline hood props already so I wasn't using the factory hood prop any longer). Then, I looked at where I wanted to mount them and located a nice area just inside the hood. Once I found my locations, I took a 1/4 drill and CAREFULLY drilled the tiny holes and mounted the KC lights up. I routed each of the lights between the hood and the inside of the hood blanket. The wires were run toward the passenger side of the bottom of the hood near the battery. Then once I got them fished out, I used some wire loom to help protect the wires and place them near the other wires for my light bar & rock lights. Then I got a few wire ties and secured them all together as one bundle.
Then it was on to the mounting the switch and finally the connections. I found a nice place to mount the switch between the battery and the airbox. This allows an easy connection to the positive and ground then wire loomed them as well.
The entire job took about an hour and I enjoy them having peace of mind that if I need to see my engine compartment at night, I won't have to hold a flashlight in one hand (even though I still have my flashlight in my JL....LOL).

IMG_20200407_085017618.jpg

IMG_20200407_085034010.jpg

IMG_20200407_085011637_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200407_085102618_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200407_085109220.jpg

IMG_20200407_085045271.jpg

IMG_20200407_085122761_HDR.jpg
Looks great @fyr145 . Can you post some picture of it at night with the cyclones on?

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I installed Gravity Pro6 in a spot pattern on the A pillar and the Gravity Pro6 in the wide-40 pattern on a fairlead mount with amber lenses.

Still trying to figure out what I want to do with the covers for the A pillar lights. I won’t keep the yellow as it doesn’t go well with a red Jeep. My wife has a vinyl cutter so we’ll figure something out.

E7618641-26ED-4035-9897-F6425FA0D1A3.jpeg

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I installed Gravity Pro6 in a spot pattern on the A pillar and the Gravity Pro6 in the wide-40 pattern on a fairlead mount with amber lenses.

Still trying to figure out what I want to do with the covers for the A pillar lights. I won’t keep the yellow as it doesn’t go well with a red Jeep. My wife has a vinyl cutter so we’ll figure something out.

E7618641-26ED-4035-9897-F6425FA0D1A3.jpeg
Looks awesome. Nice looking Jeep. Did you see the contest KC has right now? You should post some pictures and see if you can win some stuff. Over $30k in prizes.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Looks awesome. Nice looking Jeep. Did you see the contest KC has right now? You should post some pictures and see if you can win some stuff. Over $30k in prizes.
I don’t really do social media so I’m always at a disadvantage for these types of contests. Seems you always have to ‘like’ something, or ‘share’ something, or tag 12 of your friends (do I even have 12 friends?), etc. And shocker, I’m a millennial, is that even possible? This site is about as social as I get.

Looks like with this KC one I can just upload a pic on their website. I might do that.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I finally got my Cyclones installed. Just an fyi, I am a complete novice at electrical and lighting (or really anything hands on automotive work)

First the end result

IMG_1311-L.jpg

The kit I got was the Amber kit

https://www.kchilites.com/cyclone-led-6-light-universal-rock-light-kit.html

Now, most folks will likely say that they are overpriced, but to me the quality is apparent.

The kit itself is complete with the exception of the bolts used to mount on the vehicle, but you would reuse existing bolts anyways. The kit comes with:

- Cyclones
- Mounting brackets and bolts
- 6 harnesses for the lights (this is the one that i wasn't a big fan of. Couldn't they string them together somehow???)
- 1 harness with the fuse block, switch wires, etc. (this was nice, each light has its own fuse)
- Zip ties and split loom
- Grounding block (didn't use this)

I skipped a few pictures because they were very basic steps (even for me..). Also, don't mind the dirt/ mud..needs a much needed detail.

Note: I wouldn't call this the cleanest install, primarily because of the number of wires. There might be other rock lights with better wiring layout, but for me the way these are designed and the way they mount was important. Through the center hole and using existing body bolts vs having to find spots to drill holes, etc.

Step 1: Modify the harness attached to the fuse block
- I used my Trigger Six Shooter to control this, so the only think I needed was the RED wire connected to the fuse block
- Modified the other end of the RED wire to use the six shooter connecter

Step 2: Mount fuse block and connect to Trigger
This was the hardest part for me since I was looking for space on the passenger side, but finally gave up and mounted on the driver side as in picture. This worked out well because there is also plenty of space here to drop the wires. Note: Careful mounting the fuse block here since there are wires running inside the channel. I used smaller screws than what were provided in the kit.

IMG_8768-XL.jpg

Step 3: Run the hot (red) wire from the driver side to the passenger side and connect the fuse block to the Trigger

IMG_7482-XL.jpg

Step 4: Mount the cyclones and run harnesses

- Mounted the front 2 below the front bumper. The 2 harnesses were dropped behind the diver side headlight. The passenger side was routed across behind the bumper. These were the easy ones.
IMG_1903-XL.jpg

IMG_0458-XL.jpg

The 4 harnesses for the middle and the rear cyclones was dropped in the open cavity on the drivers side and routed through the frame.

IMG_2104_heic-XL.jpg

IMG_0078-XL.jpg

Two harnesses were then routed to the passenger side using one of the cross members (?)

IMG_6656-XL.jpg

- Middle cyclones bolted to one of the step bolts on both sides. The harness was run through the body frame and then through the body as below to get it close to the light itself

IMG_2355-XL.jpg

I just found 2 spots on the rear of the jeep and mounted the two rear cyclones. I ran the harnesses for the rear cyclones through the frame far as I could and then over the frame rail and zip tied to existing cables (literally anything i could find). Note: The only harness that was shorter than required was the passenger side rear one, but i think this was primarily because of how I routed the cables. The good part was that I was able to use the extra length of wires from the drivers side middle light to extend this one.

IMG_1369-XL.jpg

Nice Job! This is on my list to do. Not sure if I want the Clear or Diffused. I have two Ambers that I am going to install on my rear bumper soon.