When you wired, from your diagram it looks like you got rid of the direct to battery connections and the KC Relay provided with the kit and are drawing power directly from the Aux Switch (knowing there is a relay behind that as well) is that correct? KC seemed to want their relay in the system but that seemed redundant to me. I got my relays from Amazon today and will probably tackle the wiring connections next weekend.
i noticed that as well. the dual flex and other iterations of the older flex lights were not that short... In time I am going to add another 16 inches to that harness, its way too short.So my FE3 lights are installed. I have the combo pattern and installed them on my A-pillar. These lights are crazy bright and they look really nice. I have an 8 x switch panel and hooked the backlit to one switch and the white light to another. I just have to make sure I remember to turn the backlit off before using the white light-it's shouldn't be an issue.
The only criticism I have is that the wire coming out of the light to the connectors is too short... the connection sits outside next to the light for all to see. I wished it was longer so I could have tucked it in under the side panel where the bracket is. It's too conspicuous... and also, totally exposed to the elements... Hopefully they will fix this in future reiteration of the light.
Other than that one criticism, it's really nicely made piece of equipment. Money well spent.
I noticed that too.... the connector sits right behind the light before the wire runs under the cowling. Gray plug stands out like a sore thumb. Trying to figure out a way to hide the gray.i noticed that as well. the dual flex and other iterations of the older flex lights were not that short... In time I am going to add another 16 inches to that harness, its way too short.
Thanks. For sure those lights looks nice! And they are functional. I think I may get rid of the zip ties.... I'll think of something else at some point...!Looks Great man!
Looks like the zip tie might be pressing in the tab to disconnect the connectors. so that would have been the cause of that.