Sponsored

KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here!

Monkeynono

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Yeah, the hood open up all of the way with the set up that I have. I actually open it up and rest it on the 8 light bar on top to give me some extra room under the hood. Needed the extra space when I installed the Genesis Battery System. No issues. You cant put the windshield down, but I have no desire to do that anyways.
Perfect, I hate using the prop for when servicing the jeep
Sponsored

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
How did you route your underhood lights? Unlike the JL the Rubicon hood "vents" do not allow a pass through in the rib sections of the hood. Was going to install last week and removed the hood blanket. May simply run through slit wire conduit under the blanket. I am kinda OCD when it comes to stuff... thanks!
For now, i.e. while I still have the hood blanket in place, I completely removed the front plastic plugs, drilled a mounting hole right next to them and ran the wiring through the small opening left by the plug - the light itself secures the blanket and hides most of the hole and wiring. Although it was a job I wanted to do “quickly” I wanted it be as neat as possible. If I remove the hood blanket I’ll find a way to run through the gap between the inner and outer sheet metal.
I posted an update on this in my build thread but my OCD nature got the better of me and I pulled the hood blanket and routed the wiring properly.

D23817E9-155F-4D41-B309-4D5C3ADD09A7.jpeg

4D228F9E-6C56-4B72-8997-8D3C394AD2D1.jpeg

180054F7-7E3C-4E7D-B872-CE8CF5051C65.jpeg

0F3825A3-1B0F-4DC8-A3B2-C2C67EAAA838.jpeg

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Pro6 LiTe bar Slim LiTe A pillar LZR fogs..... Love the KC look and lighting..... what I don't like is the large gap on the light bar mount... anyone else have this issue... also need to find out how to change the color of the covers so they match my jeep....
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! kc ga
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! kc covered
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! kc uncovered

Sponsored

Miloe

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Pro6 LiTe bar Slim LiTe A pillar LZR fogs..... Love the KC look and lighting..... what I don't like is the large gap on the light bar mount... anyone else have this issue... also need to find out how to change the color of the covers so they match my jeep....
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 0D1F45F7-8858-4CF4-966F-39E8A2C70862
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 0D1F45F7-8858-4CF4-966F-39E8A2C70862
I hit the opposite problem with the Road Armor mounts, the upper portion is tight against the windshield frame. I need to add some felt/rubber behind it this weekend when I finish tidying up the wiring (the molex connectors for the lights are driving me stupider rattling against the window frame).
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! upper light mount

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
Just bought and installed 2 LED KCs. Love the old school look. I had these on my first car/Jeep CJ-5 in the early '80s. Thanks for the discount!

The Jeep looks great. I love that new Green Color. My first Jeep was a CJ5 also with KC DayLighters. Glad the discount helped out.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
They all have that small gap. I used it to run my cable up to the bar. What cover are you looking to make match? The LEDSlim Rock Guard or the Pro6 Black Cover?

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
They all have that small gap. I used it to run my cable up to the bar. What cover are you looking to make match? The LEDSlim Rock Guard or the Pro6 Black Cover?
The Pro6 covers I have a couple sets.

Sponsored

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
I added their Slimlite Led X 4. Think I would have been fine with just the two on the front bumper.

0D1F45F7-8858-4CF4-966F-39E8A2C70862.jpeg
Burt, are those KC mounting brackets for your cowl lights? I'm considering these. Do they vibrate? How do you like the brackets?
Thanks!

BrandonB00

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S, 2006 Wrangler,

Here is our '18 JLUR with a few KC Products. I'll leave videos of the installs below in the next few posts. Lets see your Jeeps with KC!!!
I want to replace my front bumper, ditch the stock fog lights and use bumper mounted lights like your amber A Pillar lights or even daylighters with amber to make it look even more retro but in a fog pattern. I saw that you posted the link to those lights but I couldn't find amber on the website or in a fog pattern. wold you say that wide pattern but bumper mounted would have the same effect as a fog pattern? I would be running these on the street and while i'm not worried that much about "Street Legal" I'm definitely worried about blinding oncoming drivers in the conditions that i would use fog lights in.

BrandonB00

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S, 2006 Wrangler,
Ah i see how those amber covers go on the white lights. Still have a question about the wide beam and if there is a wiring harness adapter straight from the current fog lights to the gravity 6 pro lights.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Ah i see how those amber covers go on the white lights. Still have a question about the wide beam and if there is a wiring harness adapter straight from the current fog lights to the gravity 6 pro lights.

Hi Brandon,

The Wide-40 and Fog lights don't have the same pattern. The Wide-40 isn't street legal either, where as the Fog is. Below is a visual layout of the beam patterns and a description of them. If you wanted bumper mounted Pro6 lights, I would recommend the Driving Beam pattern. It is street legal, but some states will require you to use them as an alternative to high beams. So turn them off when on coming traffic approaches. You would need to check local regulations. The Driving would give you good light output on your front bumper, then add the removable Amber covers. You can aim them slightly out from each other if needed. I would also suggest keeping some type of street legal fogs if you can. The Fogs can be on anytime you are driving. I have the KC Amber LED Fogs in my bumper and usually always have them on. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions. You can also use KCJEEPGEN on the KC Website right now to get 10% off on the Pro6. Also, I don't think that there is a harness to go from the Pro6 to the factory fog, but I will check for you.

Fog Beams: A true fog beam projects a beam pattern that is very wide horizontally (often 135 degrees or wider) but has a sharp vertical cut-off. Fog lights are intended to be mounted below the headlights(e.g. 10-24 inches above the ground) and are designed to shine below layers of fog, rain, snow, and even dust. This pattern lights up a pathway close to the ground but does not light the airborne particles in the line of sight while driving. These also only illuminate a short range distance from the vehicle and will not throw light very far. If you’re often driving in foggy, rainy, snowy, or dusty conditions, then fog beam light will greatly benefit your visibility.

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! fogbeam-patters_blog-

Wide-40 Beams:Lights that feature a Wide-40 beam are a hybrid between a fog beam and a driving beam light. They have a wide pattern, but also have increased brightness and light distance compared to a fog light pattern but do not have quite as much distance as a driving beam light. These are typically not street legal so they are a good option for you if you want something for off-road use only that has a very bright, and wide beam.

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! widebeam-patters_blog-

Driving Beams/Spread: Lights with a driving beam pattern are designed to supplement your high beam headlights and illuminate a path much further down the road. Driving Lights produce a rectangular shaped beam pattern that can reach further and wider than your headlights. Sometimes, depending on the manufacturer, a light with a driving beam pattern is not street legal and therefore cannot be used on roadways and when there is oncoming traffic. However, KC’s LED Driving lights all comply with both SAE and ECE regulations, while meeting street legal standards mandated by the Department of Transportation (DOT). Driving lights are very useful to create visibility near the sides of roadways and areas directly in front of the vehicle. They are great for all around trail riding as well. Spread beam lights are similar to driving beams but tend to be brighter, wider and sometimes taller as they are not required to follow specific SAE or ECE safety standards. Sprea'd beam lights are great lights for multi-purpose off-road use and offer versatile, balanced lighting.

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! drivingbeam-patters_blog-

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! spreadbeam-patters_blog-

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Alright, so basic question for @Burt @HappyJeeper and @Jeep Generation :
i want to replace my OEM LED fogs (white, 50w I believe). I also want something that either uses the OEM harness, or plugs into the OEM harness location and can handle water exposure (a few trails I run have some water crossings). I know KC has solid rep and legit projects. do they have any offerings? I've been looking here and there and haven't been able to confirm this with any lights. I like the lights that Burt and Happy posted, so something similar to that.
EDIT: Does not need to fit in any OEM spots. I have a Motobilt bumper and so it would likely get bolted onto the top of that.

Bonus if they come with the smiley covers, or if they're 6" round (I have old smiley covers I can use). I know a little about lighting (beams, lenses, and colors based on what I'm reading in this thread) but not much. Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited: