Sponsored

KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here!

Means2212

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 2017 Ford Raptor, 2012 Ford Explorer, 2019 JLUR
Anyone else have an issue like this out of the box?? I emailed them tried calling and sent them a message on Instagram. Just wanted some help trying to keep it all looking the way it came rather than completely redoing. Not looking to send it back to them or anything just wanted to fix it. Anyways been almost 2 weeks without response. I know times are weird but hey.

F5CAC237-8557-4C2C-AD66-D90A849DDC68.jpeg

CB66530E-1874-4892-AC22-C51B1B91E336.jpeg
Sponsored

DEVIL JL

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Pro-Touring
What Aux switch should I wire the Pro6 light bar to? And what about the 2 flex lights for the a pillars.

Xtremetj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 Platinum, Ignot Silver, 2019 Rubicon Unlimited, Billet Silver
Occupation
Oil & Gas Environmental Rep
I don’t know if this helps since I don’t have them yet but I am going to wire the Pro 6 to switch 3 and they a-pillar lights to switch 4.
Mainly because I’m already using switches 1 and 2.

Allstars_S2

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Vehicle Showcase
OK, KC Hilites Pro6 Gravity lightbar installed and all powdercoating was perfect matches. The KC Chase lights on the back of the roof rack is better than expected. Rock lights will go in next week.

You can watch this Instagram video here and other pics with more to follow:

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! KC Hilites installed
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! KC Hilites installed 2
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! KC Hilites installed 3

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
Anyone else have an issue like this out of the box?? I emailed them tried calling and sent them a message on Instagram. Just wanted some help trying to keep it all looking the way it came rather than completely redoing. Not looking to send it back to them or anything just wanted to fix it. Anyways been almost 2 weeks without response. I know times are weird but hey.

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! KC Hilites installed 3

Hi Tyler. Sorry to hear. If you submit to the KC RMA RETURN FORM they should be able to handle it for you. If you want to let me know once you submit it, I can have someone I know over at KC flag it and get it resolved for you ASAP, just let me know once you submit the form.

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
@Jeep Generation went with your suggestions at least for the driving lights
Hi Bob,
If you are looking for a combination of A-Pillar and Front Bumper lights, and wanting some Amber light, here are some good options...

For the Bumper I would suggest...
Gravity LED Pro6 SAE/ECE Driving Beam on the front bumper with a couple of Pro6 6" Amber Light Shield Cover.
Or
10" FLEX Array LED Combo Beam Light Bar with a 10" Flex Amber Shield.

Out of the two, I would say the Pro6 Driving Beam. It would give you more up close and wider light, plus you can easily remove the Amber Shield if you want the White Light, and it is SAE/ECE rated. I have the 10" Flex, but I also have the Pro6 Combo Bar on top and Amber Fogs.

For the A-Pillar I would suggest...
Gravity LED Pro6 Spot Beam on A-Pillar if you have the Pro6 Driving Beam on Bumper. The Driving will give you more closer up and wider light, the Spots will be narrow and far down the trail.
Or
The New LED SlimLite on the A-Pillar if you have the 10" Flex on the Bumper. The Flex has 3 Spots in the center and 1 Spread on each end of the bar (total of 5 lights). The SlimLite is a Spot beam output for long-distance lighting along with Fill light for short to mid-range light.

Now I have the Pro6 Wide-40 Beam on my A-Pillar. I use them as ditch lights. They are angled out and down slightly. Creates a V, the point in the front of the Jeep then angles out to the sides. I use that instead of those other options because I have the Pro6 bar on top, so I don't need the Spots on the A-Pillar.
If you are wanting ditch lights like that, I would suggest the Flex LED Dual Spread Pattern on the A-Pillar with either of the front bumper options.

Here are some specific Jeep JL kits also if you want to check them out.
JEEP WRANGLER JL LIGHTS, LIGHT BARS, LIGHT MOUNTS & OFF ROAD LIGHTS

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions. You can also get 10% off right now with Promo Code KCJEEPGEN
Thanks again, ordered the Gravity lights for the front with amber covers based on your suggestion. These are the most needed for me currently with the A-Pillar spot/ditch and chase bar next...

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
What Aux switch should I wire the Pro6 light bar to? And what about the 2 flex lights for the a pillars.
I don’t know if this helps since I don’t have them yet but I am going to wire the Pro 6 to switch 3 and they a-pillar lights to switch 4.
Mainly because I’m already using switches 1 and 2.
Aux 1 for the Pro6 light bar due to the voltage needs.
Hey everyone. The 8-Light Pro6 Bar comes with a 25 amp fuse with their harness, so you wouldn't want to go higher than that. Unless you check with KC to see if the harness is rated for higher amperage. If you protect it with a higher fuse than what the harness is rated for, it could burn up. You'll want to go smaller or the same size fuse. I have mine on a 20 amp fuse with my Trigger Controller, I swapped the 30 amp fuse in the controller for the 20 amp. Under the specs on the KC website, it says that the Amp Draw is 5.0 - 14.67 amps on the full 8 bar. The individual lights are 1.6 amps, and there are 8 of them, so 13.04 amps. The bar is rated that it can pull the 14.67 though. It falls under the 15 amps, so I would give that a try at the 15 amp on the Mopar Switch 3 or 4. If it pops, you'll need to use the 40 amp Switch 1 or 2, but change the fuse from a 40 to a 20 or 25. I try to keep it as low as possible, which is why I went with a 20 for mine vs 25.

For the Flex Lights, they have a 1 amp draw per light. Not sure what size fuse comes with the kit you got, but 2 Flex lights is way under 15 amps. So you would be good with Switch 3 or 4 for the A-Pillar Flex lights, just drop the fuse down to match what is in the harness. If the harness is higher than 15, you can keep the factory 15.

Just make sure that you have an equal or lower amp fuse than what the harness you are using comes with. Hope this helps, let me know if you guys have any other questions.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
@Jeep Generation went with your suggestions at least for the driving lights

Thanks again, ordered the Gravity lights for the front with amber covers based on your suggestion. These are the most needed for me currently with the A-Pillar spot/ditch and chase bar next...
Awesome! Glad to have helped out. Can't wait to see it installed.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
The KC bar is awesome! No whistling or other wind noise and I love the classic round look. They are expensive, but I couldn't be happier.

BTW - no pics can do the brightness justice, and I'm sure this holds true to any light bar pictures

Took advantage of a foggy night to get a beam pattern pic.

Okay... last question... I think. What light and beam pattern did you go with on the a-pillar? I’m in the middle of ordering and am not sure!
I went with wide 40 for the pattern and have them aimed slightly out. I wanted maximum coverage when cornering a trail at night. I have them all wired to AUX1. If I had them separately, I might have done a driving or spot pattern. KC shows a nice description of their patterns.
Your Jeep looks great, nice build. I love the fog picture, very cool shot. I also have the Wide40s on my A-Pillar. Angled down and out. Covers the sides very well.

Sponsored

bburn2019

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited / 2008 Wrangler Unlimited
I installed the long range driving lights on my 2008 Wrangler Unlimited. Bulb burn out and they promptly replaced it maybe 6-7 years ago years ago. Lights still look good and man they are bright. I like that they have a lifetime warranty on the bulbs, or they did when I purchased. In my opinion, they make a quality product. I think you could do a little better, but I think definitely a lot worse. I think they were founded around 1970, so they have been in business a while and have a loyal customer base (I would think).

JLsport19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
Put the 6 inch slim lights on. Had them on A pillar then put em on the Mopar brackets on bumper. Had em on my 99 TJ also. Miss that Jeep

0805094A-845C-48E8-BB90-FE49146693BA.jpeg

E9D2BD6D-8C14-4241-8A10-68A49BDD0C13.jpeg

Xtremetj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 Platinum, Ignot Silver, 2019 Rubicon Unlimited, Billet Silver
Occupation
Oil & Gas Environmental Rep
OK, KC Hilites Pro6 Gravity lightbar installed and all powdercoating was perfect matches. The KC Chase lights on the back of the roof rack is better than expected. Rock lights will go in next week.

You can watch this Instagram video here and other pics with more to follow:

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! E9D2BD6D-8C14-4241-8A10-68A49BDD0C13
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! E9D2BD6D-8C14-4241-8A10-68A49BDD0C13
That looks great man!

I think I’m going to have consider having the mounts powder coated or painted too. I have a silver Jeep and I kind of think it’s too much black. It looks good on the other colors but I’m not convinced on silver.

Allstars_S2

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Vehicle Showcase
That looks great man!

I think I’m going to have consider having the mounts powder coated or painted too. I have a silver Jeep and I kind of think it’s too much black. It looks good on the other colors but I’m not convinced on silver.
Thanks! I agree with you and given how much I was spending, I wanted it to look amazing. My buddy gave me a great recommendation on a powdercoater who was very fair with his price if I was willing to wait. He promised it in 2 weeks and it took 4 weeks (oh well). I was doing the roof rack anyway ($275) and he only charged $75 to do the two KC Hilites brackets. The bonus was calling Prismatics for their colors and the person suggested a color that the powdercoater ordered (Dirty White) and it was an exact match.

What I found in my research and luckily I researched it is that some powdercoaters will try to rip you off. I called the dealership's recommendation and he wanted $1,200. I checked around with others who have powdercoated and found places not near me that were $200 to $400.

I think more people should do it. For the roof rack we went with a textured powdercoat and that turned out great too.
Sponsored