DrBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
We appreciate the testimonial and the support!! :please:
You're welcome. Just my honest assessment. I am a SAR Volunteer, and we spend a large percentage of our time driving around the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night in mostly desert environments. It's given me plenty of opportunity to perfect my lighting choices. Now- if you had a headlamp for those nights we're on foot...
Sponsored

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
You're welcome. Just my honest assessment. I am a SAR Volunteer, and we spend a large percentage of our time driving around the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night in mostly desert environments. It's given me plenty of opportunity to perfect my lighting choices. Now- if you had a headlamp for those nights we're on foot...
Very cool! Motominded.com made a really cool mount for helmets using our S1. https://www.motominded.com/collections/helmet-led-kits/products/torch-helmet-led But it would be pretty neat to have a BD headlamp! I'll throw the idea at our product development team. :like:

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Ruri

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD, Gen 2 Raptor, 997.1 Turbo, F90 Competition
Occupation
Not FDIC
I have both companies products. I likely would have went fully Baja Designs, however the LP6 were simply too large of a body to fit where I wanted them. They now have the LP4 which probably would work out, but I'm already down this road ... maybe someday?

I feel the quality of detail and workmanship is better with Baja Designs.

I will say the rebate offering from the company fell through for me, I never received the 10% forum discount, or a $50 rebate during Black Friday, despite multiple inquiries.

lights.jpg
I bought some BD light for my Raptor two years ago and applied for the rebate too. I never got jack. I called in and they said it was received and good. The rebate seems like a scam

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
I bought some BD light for my Raptor two years ago and applied for the rebate too. I never got jack. I called in and they said it was received and good. The rebate seems like a scam
They reached out to me on this post and after a few emails, I received the rebate check. I think they may just have some process issues that need ironing out in that dept.

Sponsored

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Hi Ruri,

Did you possibly email [email protected]? It might be a little challenging because of the length of time it's been but I can check with my admin department if there was a rebate processed under your name. PM inbound.

Ruri

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD, Gen 2 Raptor, 997.1 Turbo, F90 Competition
Occupation
Not FDIC
Hi Ruri,

Did you possibly email [email protected]? It might be a little challenging because of the length of time it's been but I can check with my admin department if there was a rebate processed under your name. PM inbound.
Thanks for reaching out
Replied to your PM

OP
OP
Halstem1

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Ordered a pair of BD Squadron Sports and A-pillar mounts. I'll post some photos when I get them installed. The reviews have been great and customer service appears top notch.

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Ordered a pair of BD Squadron Sports and A-pillar mounts. I'll post some photos when I get them installed. The reviews have been great and customer service appears top notch.
We appreciate the support! :)

OP
OP
Halstem1

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got my Squadron Sports mounted. Super easy process with the Mopar factory aux switches. Love the mounting location and the look of the lights. You can definitely tell its quality stuff.

I need to get some pics with the lights on. However, it hasn't been dark enough when I'm up to get the real impact.

Initial impressions... I ordered the wrong lens for an A-pillar mount. I ordered the amber spot/driving combo lenses. They put off a lot of light, but the driving portion of the combo is too much off the hood. Especially in amber. It just reflects back in the cab and you don't get an impression of any additional light outside. I think I'm going to order spot lenses and see if that is better. I may also order in clear and add the amber rock covers. I'm not sure the amber light that high off the ground is as helpful as if it was down lower.

Live and learn I guess. I should have done more research. I actually thought the amber lights came with both lenses since they cost 10$ more than the clear. Obviously that is not true.

Rubicon - BD Lights 1.jpg

Sponsored

DrBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
I got my Squadron Sports mounted. Super easy process with the Mopar factory aux switches. Love the mounting location and the look of the lights. You can definitely tell its quality stuff.

I need to get some pics with the lights on. However, it hasn't been dark enough when I'm up to get the real impact.

Initial impressions... I ordered the wrong lens for an A-pillar mount. I ordered the amber spot/driving combo lenses. They put off a lot of light, but the driving portion of the combo is too much off the hood. Especially in amber. It just reflects back in the cab and you don't get an impression of any additional light outside. I think I'm going to order spot lenses and see if that is better. I may also order in clear and add the amber rock covers. I'm not sure the amber light that high off the ground is as helpful as if it was down lower.

Live and learn I guess. I should have done more research. I actually thought the amber lights came with both lenses since they cost 10$ more than the clear. Obviously that is not true.

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites vs Baja Designs Rubicon - BD Lights 1

It will be a matter of what you're willing to tolerate in terms of glare off the hood, especially white. I had my Squadron Pro spots mounted in the same location and the glare off the hood (also white) was not something I was willing to tolerate. I'm guessing a clear spot lens won't improve your situation. I ended up making some mounts and installing the Squadrons in front of the grill. Night drives are so much better now. On the cowl I mounted some BD S1's and angled them outward as ditch lights. For me, I now have a perfect setup.

OP
OP
Halstem1

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It will be a matter of what you're willing to tolerate in terms of glare off the hood, especially white. I had my Squadron Pro spots mounted in the same location and the glare off the hood (also white) was not something I was willing to tolerate. I'm guessing a clear spot lens won't improve your situation. I ended up making some mounts and installing the Squadrons in front of the grill. Night drives are so much better now. On the cowl I mounted some BD S1's and angled them outward as ditch lights. For me, I now have a perfect setup.
For real? interesting. and a bummer. I wondered if it was a white jeep thing, because the glare is pretty distracting. I thought changing the lense would help but you're probably right. If they all glare, the yellow is probably better than the white then. I also debated if a different mount that moved them up and back, closer to the actual A-pillar would help, but probably not.

DrBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
For real? interesting. and a bummer. I wondered if it was a white jeep thing, because the glare is pretty distracting. I thought changing the lense would help but you're probably right. If they all glare, the yellow is probably better than the white then. I also debated if a different mount that moved them up and back, closer to the actual A-pillar would help, but probably not.
Yep, bummer. Some people aren’t bothered by the glare as much, but I spend a good amount of time in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night, and it’s tough to focus in front of the Jeep when the hood is lit up. My advice is take a good long night ride and decide from there. And bring a friend and have them generate a nice dust cloud in front of you. I also toyed with the idea of wrapping the hood in flat black, but I went for the sure-fire decision to mount them up front. But keep smiling- you’ve got some awesome BD lights.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone mount the new BD LP4 lights on the cowling? I may move my Rigid side shooters from that location to my JK and put a set of LP4 spots in their place. Love the LP6's, which I have on the front bumper. They are just incredible!

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
Lp4’s with KC mounts. BD makes awesome lights, their mounts are meh when it comes to the cowl. The LP4’s are like having two suns on the cowl, but not an ideal placement due to the side light they throw off.
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites vs Baja Designs 8EBE0604-7693-4CDF-8D3B-B9DEEB284F3C
Sponsored