Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
People (including myself) seem to have a need to turn night into day. The KCs won't do that, but they will provide a significant boost in light on the trail or a dark road. I hope this helps.
haha. this is true. I'm this way though. I have the LED kit from mopar, which is actually pretty good. But if i'm gonna add extra light... I want it to be impressive. Like I was looking at BD squadron sports. Probably completely fine for my application. But the fact that they make the squadron pro... LIke I have to get it! I just have to!
Sponsored

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
BD hands down. Have the same squadron pros from my last 4x4 build on the jeep now. Most of their products have color and spot/wide interchangeable lenses. Depending on where you wheel this is important. Also always had great customer service, simply you get what you pay for.

OP
OP
Halstem1

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let me know if you have any questions on our brand or product, I would be happy to assist! :like:

-Paul M.
Thanks Paul! I appreciate that! I have 2 questions for you since you offered.

1) is there a good resource to compare the difference visually between the sports and pros? Most reviews or Youtubers have one or the other or one in each color. I haven't found anything that compares the output side by side. Is that a thing?

2) the rock light kits I've found are a 4 light kit. Do you make a 6 light kit or can you easily add extra individual lights? I was going to do a rocklight behind/in front of each wheel but then wanted one in the rear and one in the front.

Thanks.

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Thanks Paul! I appreciate that! I have 2 questions for you since you offered.

1) is there a good resource to compare the difference visually between the sports and pros? Most reviews or Youtubers have one or the other or one in each color. I haven't found anything that compares the output side by side. Is that a thing?

2) the rock light kits I've found are a 4 light kit. Do you make a 6 light kit or can you easily add extra individual lights? I was going to do a rocklight behind/in front of each wheel but then wanted one in the rear and one in the front.

Thanks.
1. Single Squadron Sport driving/combo
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites vs Baja Designs 1591910312729

Single Squadron Pro driving/combo
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites vs Baja Designs 1591910352882

2. We sell the rock lights in kits of four or singles. If you wanted to add two more to the harness, it's possible but you would have to splice in the two lights. If you purchase the kit, feel free to shoot me a PM and I can get some extra connectors sent your way if you wanted to add to the harness. :)

Last edited:

owais

First Name
Owais
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bike
both BD and KC make some incredible lights. BD you will see on more desert racers yet KC is out there as well.

both are assembled extremely well. not secure with KC but rather BDs lights are made in america moreover.
snaptube vidmate wordtopdf

Last edited:

Sponsored

timyork1989

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Diesel
Build Thread
Link
So I have come across another pro of the @Baja Designs lights, and unfortunately I figured this out the hard way. With their lights, you can easily swap or replace the lens on the lights, since they use an O-ring seal, compared to most others that use silicone to seal. While showing off my Jeep one afternoon, I turned on the 10" OnX6+ LED light bar, then put the cover back on. I forgot to turn it off, and so with the cover on, I melted the rock guard to the lens :(. Thankfully, I only had to buy a new lens and new rock guard (about $40 total) versus having to buy a new light or having to send it off to get fixed. I ordered them late Monday night, and they arrived today, although I was sent the wrong rock guard. However, I know they have great customer service so I'm looking forward to getting it fixed pretty quick. @Halstem1 , make sure you let us know what you eventually went with! (preferably with pics lol)

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
So I have come across another pro of the @Baja Designs lights, and unfortunately I figured this out the hard way. With their lights, you can easily swap or replace the lens on the lights, since they use an O-ring seal, compared to most others that use silicone to seal. While showing off my Jeep one afternoon, I turned on the 10" OnX6+ LED light bar, then put the cover back on. I forgot to turn it off, and so with the cover on, I melted the rock guard to the lens :(. Thankfully, I only had to buy a new lens and new rock guard (about $40 total) versus having to buy a new light or having to send it off to get fixed. I ordered them late Monday night, and they arrived today, although I was sent the wrong rock guard. However, I know they have great customer service so I'm looking forward to getting it fixed pretty quick. @Halstem1 , make sure you let us know what you eventually went with! (preferably with pics lol)
Oh no! PM inbound on the rock guard, I'll make sure this is taken care of ASAP.

-Paul M.

OP
OP
Halstem1

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1. Single Squadron Sport driving/combo

Single Squadron Pro driving/combo

2. We sell the rock lights in kits of four or singles. If you wanted to add two more to the harness, it's possible but you would have to splice in the two lights. If you purchase the kit, feel free to shoot me a PM and I can get some extra connectors sent your way if you wanted to add to the harness. :)
I never did say thanks for the comparison photos. Thanks! That is actually super helpful. There is quite a bit of difference. However, I'm leaning toward the sports and I can always re-purpose later if I upgrade to pros or I can add some LP6s on the bumper if I need the extra distance.

On the rock lights, is it easy to start with 4 and add more as needed? or would it be easier to plan on all 6 from the start?

Thanks again for the info. Its very helpful.

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
I never did say thanks for the comparison photos. Thanks! That is actually super helpful. There is quite a bit of difference. However, I'm leaning toward the sports and I can always re-purpose later if I upgrade to pros or I can add some LP6s on the bumper if I need the extra distance.

On the rock lights, is it easy to start with 4 and add more as needed? or would it be easier to plan on all 6 from the start?

Thanks again for the info. Its very helpful.
Of course, here to help! I would start out with four rock lights. They're pretty impressive for their size and shine a broad beam, perfect for wheel wells.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Halstem1

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Of course, here to help! I would start out with four rock lights. They're pretty impressive for their size and shine a broad beam, perfect for wheel wells.
Do most people put them in the wheel well? I was going to put them behind/in front of the tires up under the body to actually get light on the ground. I'll probably have to make some brackets to mount them.

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Do most people put them in the wheel well? I was going to put them behind/in front of the tires up under the body to actually get light on the ground. I'll probably have to make some brackets to mount them.
I would say must customers mount it there, but some will find places on the frame or fender. From my experience, I think one in each wheel well does the job but more light never hurts. :)

DrBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
I love the Baja Designs. Biggest factor for me is the color of the light. Itā€™s warmer than anything Iā€™ve seen (5000K). Itā€˜s really easy on the eyes when doing extended night driving. Add in the impressive lumens at low amps, clean design and ability to change lenses and I find it difficult to consider any other lamp. Of course most of my reasons are functional, if youā€™re going for a different look thatā€™s another story.

OP
OP
Halstem1

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love the Baja Designs. Biggest factor for me is the color of the light. Itā€™s warmer than anything Iā€™ve seen (5000K). Itā€˜s really easy on the eyes when doing extended night driving. Add in the impressive lumens at low amps, clean design and ability to change lenses and I find it difficult to consider any other lamp. Of course most of my reasons are functional, if youā€™re going for a different look thatā€™s another story.
Function is obviously the most important. But once I go with a design, I like to stick with that same look throughout. Aesthetically they both have a very cool look, but thats why I was wondering about performance. Thanks!

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
We appreciate the testimonial and the support!! :please:
Sponsored