DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Redundancy of "BD Designs" notwithstanding, you're probably correct. However, you have not used the product in question, nor do you seem to have any direct experience with it. Point being, your opinion isn't super helpful here.

Yes, I would expect that. With several incarnations of the knockoff squadrons available, I'm willing to test these out to save ~$500. Amazon's return policy is the shrewd online shopper's friend.

Again, in a different life, BD everything.
Yep, just an opinion, so take it or leave it. No sweat off my junk.

But I can and will vouch for the very high quality and high level of support @BajaDesigns gives you for the money. They rebuilt a set of Fuego spot lights for me years after they were discontinued. One had a pinched seal and corroded inside. When they were returned to me they were indistinguishable from brand new. And no questions asked. I actually still have them.
Sponsored

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel

But I can and will vouch for the very high quality and high level of support @BajaDesigns gives you for the money. They rebuilt a set of Fuego spot lights for me years after they were discontinued. One had a pinched seal and corroded inside. When they were returned to me they were indistinguishable from brand new. And no questions asked. I actually still have them.

On my 2012 JK, I had a 50" Baja Designs Stealth light bar. I traded my JK on my JL but I kept the light bar. I didn't want to put in on the JL because of the wind noise, otherwise I loved it. I'd had the lighbar on my Jeep for 4 years and had planned to sell it and buy some LP9 Pro's. The one issue with the bar was that the powder coating had turned to a copper color. I contacted BD support to see if it was possible to find out the best way to recoat it. They said they didn't make the bar any more and wouldn't recommend taking it apart and recoating it but would happily exchange it towards any current lights they offered at 70%. So I got a set of LP9 Pro's for almost nothing.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
On my 2012 JK, I had a 50" Baja Designs Stealth light bar. I traded my JK on my JL but I kept the light bar. I didn't want to put in on the JL because of the wind noise, otherwise I loved it. I'd had the lighbar on my Jeep for 4 years and had planned to sell it and buy some LP9 Pro's. The one issue with the bar was that the powder coating had turned to a copper color. I contacted BD support to see if it was possible to find out the best way to recoat it. They said they didn't make the bar any more and wouldn't recommend taking it apart and recoating it but would happily exchange it towards any current lights they offered at 70%. So I got a set of LP9 Pro's for almost nothing.
They are just an outstanding company. It busted my wallet to buy the LP6 lights, but I waited for a sale to help out a little. But they were worth it. And no noise like the light bar.

Knowing how good the LP6 lights are, I can't imagine the LP9's. They must be incredible!

superdude

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Sport

I get it. Seems like a great company. However, methinks that greatness is over-accounted for in their pricing. I cannot vouch for Jim, Carla, and Ted (LBH Jin, Chun-Chieh, and Tao) over at ShittyLED, but I'm excited to work with them.

SARGEJLOM

First Name
Moosa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2 doors
I'm running the BD LP9 Pro's on my Jeep. I've tried other lights and there simply aren't anything that compare to them. Phenomenal lighting, near, far and to the side. Definitely the best looking too.
i-Kg52n9g-X3.jpg
looks amazing! which grill guard?

Sponsored

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So from what I can tell on-line, KC only does one sale per year (Black Friday). Does BD do sales throughout the year?

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
If you call BD directly, they will usually give you 5% off just for asking.

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
So from what I can tell on-line, KC only does one sale per year (Black Friday). Does BD do sales throughout the year?
They have a forum discount! Message them here on the forum. You want to talk to Bill Sonevongxay. @BajaDesigns
Sponsored