Sponsored

KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here!

Yzfguy

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand cherokee , wrangler JLU Willys
Looks great! I can send you something on how to wire in a kill relay for auto shut off.
So, I ended up disconnecting the white wire from the switch and wiring the backlights direct to the rear power outlet fuse. Now they come on with the ignition and I don't have to worry about leaving them on. Not a perfect solution, but one I was comfortable doing, reversible, and it's better than never using them for fear of forgetting.
These lights really do look great!
IMG_20230307_070143486_HDR.jpg
Sponsored

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT, 1969 Wagoneer
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lighting Adventures Since 1970
So, I ended up disconnecting the white wire from the switch and wiring the backlights direct to the rear power outlet fuse. Now they come on with the ignition and I don't have to worry about leaving them on. Not a perfect solution, but one I was comfortable doing, reversible, and it's better than never using them for fear of forgetting.
These lights really do look great!
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! IMG_20230307_070143486_HDR
Looks good!

Ratfink749

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Post number two here I go! Put some Flex Era 4’s on today. My JL has the factory aux switches so they were a walk in the park to install! Just have to get them out at night for a proper aiming. Though how does one aim “light EVERYWHERE!” 😏
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! E8E82ABC-1D9E-4618-9433-AF6CAD14148A
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 2918791A-884C-4874-92BB-4DC879FD856F

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Post number two here I go! Put some Flex Era 4’s on today. My JL has the factory aux switches so they were a walk in the park to install! Just have to get them out at night for a proper aiming. Though how does one aim “light EVERYWHERE!” 😏
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 2918791A-884C-4874-92BB-4DC879FD856F
Yes!

Original_Junior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JKURXR
Finally got around to installing my Christmas gift. KC LED Slim Lights with amber filter. I wonder why KC doesn't make filters that convert the light beam to a more flood or driving pattern like other manufacturers do? Regardless, these work great and are extremely bright.

20230318_140247.jpg

Sponsored

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finally got around to installing my Christmas gift. KC LED Slim Lights with amber filter. I wonder why KC doesn't make filters that convert the light beam to a more flood or driving pattern like other manufacturers do? Regardless, these work great and are extremely bright.

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 20230318_140247
Looks great! These lights aren't a super tight spot, it has a lot of extra fill light, so more universal. I'll send the feed back to our engineers though. Lets see what they can come up with. The feedback is very much appreciated. Thank you!

willieself

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2006 TJ Sport
Occupation
Oil and Gas-Production Chemical
Our new to us 2019 JLUR came with these Flex lights already on board. I'm digging the pairs at the corners. Very bright, going to angle them out a bit so don't get as much glare off the hood.

VqHk3j.jpg

10" light bar isn't as bright as I had expected it to be. In fact its hard to tell it is even on compared to the factory LED headlights. It too has the clear one piece cover on it I just had it off cleaning it up a bit for this pic.

4syNrl.jpg

I know these are older lights and there is a new gen version already out for the singles, with a new light bar coming soon. Was wondering if could still get replacement bezels and maybe amber lenses for these? I have tried several google searches and not really finding much

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
10" light bar isn't as bright as I had expected it to be. In fact its hard to tell it is even on compared to the factory LED headlights. It too has the clear one piece cover on it I just had it off cleaning it up a bit for this pic.
The only newer 10" bar I saw on their site was the C-series, which is still only 5,400 lumen (the 10" FLEX is 4,875). A pair of their larger FLEX ERA 4 (~5" each) put out 7,912 each.

If you want to stick with a 10" bar, Rigid makes their double-stack E-series Pro that pushes out over 19,000 lumen (2,285 lux vs 680 lux of the KC 10" C-series) 😲

Last edited:

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Our new to us 2019 JLUR came with these Flex lights already on board. I'm digging the pairs at the corners. Very bright, going to angle them out a bit so don't get as much glare off the hood.

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 4syNrl

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 4syNrl

I know these are older lights and there is a new gen version already out for the singles, with a new light bar coming soon. Was wondering if could still get replacement bezels and maybe amber lenses for these? I have tried several google searches and not really finding much
Looks great. Congrats on the new jeep. Unfortunately both of those products are discontinued.

The double and 10" actually use the same Flex light, just a different bracket in the rear to connect them together. The 10" should be brighter than the double, its 5 singles vs 2. There could be something wrong with the 10" if it isn't very bright.
You can call our CX Team at +1 (888) 689-5955 to see what they think about the bar.

We have new versions of these lights coming out later this year. The entire Flex line is being replaced with the Flex Era line. Currently with the FE1 , FE3, FE3 SAE and the FE4.

Sponsored

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation

KC is the new official lighting sponsor of Jeep Jamboree. We just took part of our first event in AZ with Jeep Jamboree and invited @Jeep Generation along for the adventure.

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURXR Tuscadero, 2023 JLURXR Reign

KC is the new official lighting sponsor of Jeep Jamboree. We just took part of our first event in AZ with Jeep Jamboree and invited @Jeep Generation along for the adventure.
Congrats! Is there a way to add your light at to an ARS rock lander rack?

Yawnie'sPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLUR, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
LOL - does this count? 1987 Comanche, photo from 1988.
I had lights up front as well, haven't found the pics yet.
If I was combining at night and something broke, I could light up the front of the combine and work on it without trouble.

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! bill-1988

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Congrats! Is there a way to add your light at to an ARS rock lander rack?
Thanks! I've never seen this rack before. I just looked it up. They have an option to add a light pod bracket. We also have tube clamps that can go on the rack.
Sponsored