Sponsored

KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here!

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT, 1969 Wagoneer
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lighting Adventures Since 1970
Just picked up a set of LED slim lights on the BF sale. Now I'm looking to get the amber covers for them and install.
For those with the factory upfitter switches, which wire did you go with? I know there are 2 separate sets by amperage (15 and 30 amps I think). Thanks
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 1669649501306

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 1669649519606

Hello,

Thank you for picking up a couple of lights during the BF Promo! Please see pictures above. It shows the 4 factory Mopar switches. I think this is what you were looking for.

The SlimLite harness is rated at 25amps. The two lights together pull under 10amps. So I would recommend connecting to switch 3 or 4 that is rated for 15 amps. The Orange/Pink or Dark Blue/Pink wires. You can bypass our relay and fuse going that route.

If you use Switch 1 or 2 that are set at 40amps, it exceeds what our harness is rated at. Basically the harness can start to melt before the 40amp fuse would pop. So there is more involved to keep it safe.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. Feel free to send me a private message and we can go back and forth if needed.
Sponsored

BrandonB00

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S, 2006 Wrangler,
grabbed a set of FE3s for my first exterior upgrade. not sure where I'll mount them but I'm sure they won't be my last KC lights!

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
grabbed a set of FE3s for my first exterior upgrade. not sure where I'll mount them but I'm sure they won't be my last KC lights!
Awesome, cant wait to see them installed!

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

Hello,

Thank you for picking up a couple of lights during the BF Promo! Please see pictures above. It shows the 4 factory Mopar switches. I think this is what you were looking for.

The SlimLite harness is rated at 25amps. The two lights together pull under 10amps. So I would recommend connecting to switch 3 or 4 that is rated for 15 amps. The Orange/Pink or Dark Blue/Pink wires. You can bypass our relay and fuse going that route.

If you use Switch 1 or 2 that are set at 40amps, it exceeds what our harness is rated at. Basically the harness can start to melt before the 40amp fuse would pop. So there is more involved to keep it safe.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. Feel free to send me a private message and we can go back and forth if needed.
@KC HiLiTES what is the supplied Flex Era 4 harness rated at?

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 0 IMG_3758.JPG

Just a few lights on! lol

Bryrose

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 WRANGLER UNLIMITED RUBICON
Hey all. I just installed my KC light bar but the windshield wipers are hitting the wires that plug into the back of the lights.

any ideas on how to fix this?

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hey all. I just installed my KC light bar but the windshield wipers are hitting the wires that plug into the back of the lights.

any ideas on how to fix this?
The bump stop may not be set property with enough pre-load tension. I'll send you a private message and see if I can help you out.

Yzfguy

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand cherokee , wrangler JLU Willys
Looking for recommendations. I am looking for a set of two lights that have yellow fogs and white driving lights built into them, with separate switches for each. I'm hoping to stay at or under around 300 bucks. Is this a thing?

Last edited:

Sponsored

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Looking for recommendations. I am looking for a set of two lights that have yellow dogs and white driving lights built into them, with separate switches for each. I'm hoping to stay at or under around 300 bucks. Is this a thing?
Do you mean yellow fog beam lights on a switch, then another switch for white driving beam all in the same light? We do not have anything like that sorry. We do not have anything that will switch beam pattern, other than our SAE Fog that has a separate switch for high beam fog mode. The color doesn't change by a switch though, only by changing the lens. We have other lights that have an amber back light, but it is just for looks, the main light is white with an option for amber covers.

Yzfguy

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you mean yellow fog beam lights on a switch, then another switch for white driving beam all in the same light? We do not have anything like that sorry. We do not have anything that will switch beam pattern, other than our SAE Fog that has a separate switch for high beam fog mode. The color doesn't change by a switch though, only by changing the lens. We have other lights that have an amber back light, but it is just for looks, the main light is white with an option for amber covers.
Yes, I remember seeing lights that had a yellow led aimed low, and a white driving light aimed high. I could have sworn they were KC, as that's the brand I intend to buy. Had KC on my ride 30 years ago, and want that same classic KC light cover look today :)

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Yes, I remember seeing lights that had a yellow led aimed low, and a white driving light aimed high. I could have sworn they were KC, as that's the brand I intend to buy. Had KC on my ride 30 years ago, and want that same classic KC light cover look today :)
That is awesome, thank you! If you need help with anything, let me know. We have a lot of options with more coming out soon.

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
You mean these?
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 1670545738224

If you want separate colors you could always put some yellow 3m film over the fog lenses or something, lot of people do that to their OEM fog lights.

Yzfguy

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those look awesome, but I don't wanna spend quite that much on two lights.
Sponsored