Sponsored

KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here!

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT, 1969 Wagoneer
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lighting Adventures Since 1970

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Update - All installed. Had some awesome help over the phone from Robert @KC HiLiTES

Cyclone V2 LED 6-Light - Rock Light Kit
https://www.kchilites.com/cyclone-2-led-rock-light-kit-universal-6-pc.html

I used the 2 L brackets for the back, 2 Z brackets for the middle, and bent the other two Z brackets to L for the front. Overall, a fun install. I will be changing the white to Green/Red for Christmas. Will update this this when I have those pics.

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! D3D5CC0A-EA06-4655-84F1-97FA289452BA

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! D3D5CC0A-EA06-4655-84F1-97FA289452BA

Night Pics...

Nice install! How did you mount the fuse block, it looks good. Thanks for the feed back. I sent this over to Robert.

Sponsored

yarmo

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Got my pro6 light bar on, but I'm getting this weird creaking from it when moving at 40+? It sounds like it's coming from my windshield. I preloaded the bar by pushing out and adjusting the center rubber bumper, so I'm wondering if I pushed it out too hard? Anyone else have this issue?
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! IMG_0998 2

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Got my pro6 light bar on, but I'm getting this weird creaking from it when moving at 40+? It sounds like it's coming from my windshield. I preloaded the bar by pushing out and adjusting the center rubber bumper, so I'm wondering if I pushed it out too hard? Anyone else have this issue?
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! IMG_0998 2
It looks like your bar is angled down quite a bit. I would recommend aiming it at night, then tighten everything down. It should be angled up higher though. Then make sure that the center bump is above the windshield, not on the glass. Also make sure if you curved the bar, make sure all the bolts between are tightened down. The picture looks like you added a slight curve. Let me know if this helps and fixes the sound.

yarmo

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
It looks like your bar is angled down quite a bit. I would recommend aiming it at night, then tighten everything down. It should be angled up higher though. Then make sure that the center bump is above the windshield, not on the glass. Also make sure if you curved the bar, make sure all the bolts between are tightened down. The picture looks like you added a slight curve. Let me know if this helps and fixes the sound.
I think I figured out the issue. The rubber center bump squeaks against the paint on my windshield. I threw some anti-squeak tape on so we'll see how that works.

It's pretty tough to get the center bump to really grip well on the top of the windshield... I might cut the end of it off to get it positioned at a better angle; haven't decided yet. The movable bracket (piece on the other side of this camera angle) just barely hits on the back of one of the lights when I try to put it flush on the top of the windshield.
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 934182243cecbd7f76ca9386b80ef585-1517335339

Sponsored

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I think I figured out the issue. The rubber center bump squeaks against the paint on my windshield. I threw some anti-squeak tape on so we'll see how that works.

It's pretty tough to get the center bump to really grip well on the top of the windshield... I might cut the end of it off to get it positioned at a better angle; haven't decided yet. The movable bracket (piece on the other side of this camera angle) just barely hits on the back of one of the lights when I try to put it flush on the top of the windshield.
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 927BCFE1-99E6-4A2D-B62E-E0D4F4EA8245
Interesting. Can you send me some pictures of your set up? I'll send you a message and see if I can help.

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
Looks like the Kc array have been discontinued? Is there anything else similar available?

also BD amber lights are yellow and donā€™t really match the amber on the vehicle already. Can anyone confirm if KC amber lights are closer matching?

lastly, am I correct to assume the new KC flex 3 dual mod will be able to have both amber and white lights?

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Looks like the Kc array have been discontinued? Is there anything else similar available?

also BD amber lights are yellow and donā€™t really match the amber on the vehicle already. Can anyone confirm if KC amber lights are closer matching?

lastly, am I correct to assume the new KC flex 3 dual mod will be able to have both amber and white lights?
Yes our Flex Array is discontinued. We do have a new light coming out soon to replace it. I am personally very excited for it. We have been reviving our flex line. Hence the FE3 and FE4. Soon is the FE3 Dual Mode. Our Flex line all have the ability to add on a Amber Cover. For the upcoming Dual Mode, you can snap on the same FE3 Amber Cover if your installation allows room for the cover. If you are looking for a 10" Flex Bar with amber shield, if you can wait for the release, I would recommend wait for the new upcoming light. It is really nice!

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Yes our Flex Array is discontinued. We do have a new light coming out soon to replace it. I am personally very excited for it. We have been reviving our flex line. Hence the FE3 and FE4. Soon is the FE3 Dual Mode. Our Flex line all have the ability to add on a Amber Cover. For the upcoming Dual Mode, you can snap on the same FE3 Amber Cover if your installation allows room for the cover. If you are looking for a 10" Flex Bar with amber shield, if you can wait for the release, I would recommend wait for the new upcoming light. It is really nice!
Youā€™re totally wrecking my progress of saving for the Gravity Pro 6 lightbar & mount. šŸ˜‚
Sponsored