Sponsored

KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here!

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
Hey Brian, I don't remember if you were the guy that asked me about how I converted my KC light covers from yellow letters to white letters but here is a link to the company that I used. Very easy to do. You can get the template from KC and upload it to this company and have stickers printed that overlay the fronts of the stock covers. Results were excellent and they seem like they will last for years.
KC Covers.jpg
https://www.makestickers.com/products/custom-stickers/circle-stickers
Thanks, I just ordered the stickers.
Sponsored

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
I have the same light bar, and I have that center stop pushing on the white area just above the window glass. I believe that if you have it on the glass, the windshield wiper will hit it when the wipers are on.
Thanks, I think I will put some 3M clear vinyl under the push bracket to keep it from rubbing on the paint.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
I just got my KC lights yesterday, got off work a little early today. Went pretty fast, the AUX switches make this install fast. I have one question the center bracket that is suppose to push on the light bar, should this be pushing on the glass or window frame? I could not find this in the instructions.

78473925-5A97-45A9-97B6-7B3B9226298D.jpeg
4279DFAE-D925-424B-A56A-C711754A1A67.jpeg
I have the same light bar, and I have that center stop pushing on the white area just above the window glass. I believe that if you have it on the glass, the windshield wiper will hit it when the wipers are on.
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! IMG_9674

Here is a picture of mine. It is right above the glass. Make sure to get some good tension on it before tightening it down, otherwise it will bounce around. Easier with two people and with the front of the top open. One person push forward and one person tighten it down. It can be done with one person though.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I like your channel.
How do those compare to the Pro6?
(Sorry if noted in video, can’t watch at work)
Thank you. That was just a quick clip on Instagram. I haven't released the full video on YouTube yet. The Pro6 and FlexEra use different types of technology.
The Pro6 has a very low draw and shoots the light back at the reflector to capture all light and fine tunes the beam pattern, then shoots it far down the trail. The Pro6 has one of the most defined beam patterns of any light. The Spot Pro6 will still shoot further down the trail than a FlexEra4.
BUT, the FlexEra4 is crazy bright up-close and all around, plus still shoots down the trail quit a bit. It shoots light everywhere, not as a defined beam pattern as the Pro6. It really lights up everything between the Jeep and down the trail. The FlexEra4 also has a much greater draw. 2 FlexEra4s have a greater pull than all 8 of my Pro6s on my bar. For most people, I think they will like the FlexEra4 more than the Pro6 as it lights up closer and all over.
I will have a comparison video showing the beam patterns and light spread between the Pro6 and FlexEra4 coming soon. Depending on work load.

Sponsored

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Thank you. That was just a quick clip on Instagram. I haven't released the full video on YouTube yet. The Pro6 and FlexEra use different types of technology.
The Pro6 has a very low draw and shoots the light back at the reflector to capture all light and fine tunes the beam pattern, then shoots it far down the trail. The Pro6 has one of the most defined beam patterns of any light. The Spot Pro6 will still shoot further down the trail than a FlexEra4.
BUT, the FlexEra4 is crazy bright up-close and all around, plus still shoots down the trail quit a bit. It shoots light everywhere, not as a defined beam pattern as the Pro6. It really lights up everything between the Jeep and down the trail. The FlexEra4 also has a much greater draw. 2 FlexEra4s have a greater pull than all 8 of my Pro6s on my bar. For most people, I think they will like the FlexEra4 more than the Pro6 as it lights up closer and all over.
I will have a comparison video showing the beam patterns and light spread between the Pro6 and FlexEra4 coming soon. Depending on work load.
Excellent description, thank you!
I’m just learning that there is a big difference how LEDs are focused and they may not have that far of a “throw” without good tuning.
Cool how the Pro6’s can be good spots with such a low power draw

JCutler

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Does anyone know if the light bar will work without effecting the adaptor cruise camera in the windshield? Ive reached out to KC and was told they will work, then got an email back saying they won't. Not sure which is correct.

Typically I wouldn't care but we do use our adaptive cruise for the 6 hr drive to the beach house and I don't want any warning lights on the dash either.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone know if the light bar will work without effecting the adaptor cruise camera in the windshield? Ive reached out to KC and was told they will work, then got an email back saying they won't. Not sure which is correct.

Typically I wouldn't care but we do use our adaptive cruise for the 6 hr drive to the beach house and I don't want any warning lights on the dash either.
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! IMG_20191202_193636 (1)

From KC with their JT...

Based on Mopar and Gladiator Manual, the sensor is actually in the grill. However, we don't have a definitive answer and recommend everyone talks to Jeep directly or their dealership.

With our Gladiator with Pro6 Bar (see image attached), the ACC (cruise control) turns off after 1 hour of driving but it turns back after a couple of minutes.

JCutler

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! IMG_20191202_193636 (1)

From KC with their JT...

Based on Mopar and Gladiator Manual, the sensor is actually in the grill. However, we don't have a definitive answer and recommend everyone talks to Jeep directly or their dealership.

With our Gladiator with Pro6 Bar (see image attached), the ACC (cruise control) turns off after 1 hour of driving but it turns back after a couple of minutes.
CRAP! I couldn’t find that anywhere! And KC gave me two different answers. The freaking sucks! Thanks!

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
CRAP! I couldn’t find that anywhere! And KC gave me two different answers. The freaking sucks! Thanks!
No problem. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sponsored

DEVIL JL

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Pro-Touring
Can anyone help me figure out the wiring for these cyclones? I would like them to all wire up to one of my factory aux switches. I was planning on running an in-line fuse, as I did with my light bar and flex lights. I see that there is an inline fuse included in one of wiring bundles (the red/yellow/black) on the left. What exactly do I need to cut off or splice in order for this to work with the factory aux switch? Thanks in advance for the help.

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 5844FD43-9B68-4A98-A6D8-2898904BF82A

crbrenny

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey; 2021 JLR Gecko
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone help me figure out the wiring for these cyclones? I would like them to all wire up to one of my factory aux switches. I was planning on running an in-line fuse, as I did with my light bar and flex lights. I see that there is an inline fuse included in one of wiring bundles (the red/yellow/black) on the left. What exactly do I need to cut off or splice in order for this to work with the factory aux switch? Thanks in advance for the help.

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 5844FD43-9B68-4A98-A6D8-2898904BF82A
It appears as though each light will get bolted to that fuse bock. Ground all the lights, and connect the red wire from the fuse block into the factory aux switch wire. Any of the factory aux circults can support this load. No relays or anything needed. You can loose the KC switch harness. Doing it this way puts a fuse inline with each of the lights via the block, but if you wan an additonal fuse, you could take the one off the yellow wire and tie it between the factory aux wire and the red wire going into the KC fuse block.

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
i put these on my RAM a couple of years ago. the other day i had the ram in for fuel filter / water separator service and the service guys said they LIT UP THE WHOLE service garage lol.

they are very bright if you get them make sure they are aimed down not up in other drivers' faces

KC Hilites 268 with the amber covers, wired into my aux panel

they work great on the RAM, as it was a tradesman 3500 and did not come with any fog lights at all.

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! IMG_0149.JPG

1950 lumens per light
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KHLNFA8/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
for reference, typical halogen headlights are 700 lumens / 1200 lumens on high beam

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! IMG_0149.JPG
Basically you run each light to the fuse block. You can add a couple of lights to each circuit to eliminate so many runs. I am actually installing this on Saturday. I am putting 2 Cyclones on each run. 4 runs total. 2 in the front, 2 in the rear, 2 on driver side and 2 on passenger side. I ordered 2 additional cyclone since the kit comes with 6 and not 8.

The Red Wire coming from the KC Fuse Block, you would tie into your fused output of your Mopar switches. Switch 3 or 4 are rated at 15 AMPS. This kit is rated at 10 AMPS. You can easily swap out that factory 15 AMP mirco fuse to a 10 to match.

Then run the Black Wire from Negative on Battery to the provided KC Ground Post.

The Yellow Wire with the 10AMP In-Line Fuse will not be needed if you swap that factory 15 for a 10.

The RED from the lights land on the fused outputs of the terminal block. The BLACK from the lights will land on the GROUND post.

_thewick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I finally pulled the trigger and got the gravity pro headlights... well I did back in February but I guess there were some supply issues because I just got them two days ago. But I got them installed last night and I’m pumped! i think they look great, can’t wait to really test them. Better pictures to come...

I was hoping you or someone at KC (do they have an account here?) could help me with the DRLs... I installed the headlights with the can bus adapter and everything was plug n play so I assumed there’s no extra wiring needed. I have a sport and had halogen lights, I also have a flashcal and bypass module and I set the Jeep’s computer to be LED lights with DRL on but they do not come on. I assume there’s something simple I’m missing but can’t really find any resources online of people setting up DRLs on a plug n play module/connector like this.
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! A4C2BD56-814F-409B-BE87-82C791563479
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 98C4C0FA-F2F3-412D-A999-90B06A1858C8

Now I just need to upgrade the fogs, I think they look pretty weak in comparison and basically put out no light compared to the gravities.
Sponsored