Sponsored

KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here!

JLRyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Yup talking the headlights. Whelp I ordered a set last night from ET (in stock, only reason), if it doesn’t work I’ll just send them back. Thanks for the heads up though!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
Sweet ty! No special box needed to upgrade to KC LEDs right? Watched your video and there is some sort of intermediate part between plugs. Maybe it’s built in now? Thanks for your help, if there is a way I can order and you get a kick back let me know.

-Dave
Are you talking about the headlights? If you are, and have regular halogen headlights on your Jeep, you will need a pair of canbus decoders.

On the KC website, it only mentions them working with Wranglers that have the LED package. I would call them to make sure you get the correct stuff before ordering and if they still ship with the decoders.

I learned this the hard way, but the OP's video really helped. I ended up buying some decoders from Amazon and spicing in the Jeep proprietary connector. The lights work really well so far.

The rep from KC was very helpful, but the place I bought the lights from haven't been so far. I think they're having a hard time sourcing the decoders or don't know what to get.

I took a chance and found some decoders on Amazon identical to the ones used in Jeep Generation's video. I only had to modify one end to make it work. I kind of wonder, if that's all they're doing, but who knows.
The KC LED Fogs have an adaptor to go from their light to the factory harness. The KC LED Headlights comes with the bracket needed to mount it. If you have the LED package, you use the provided adaptor, if you have the halogen package, you use the provided canbus decoder adaptor. You can see it in my KC install videos. Originally the KC headlights only worked with the LED package, as their Gladiator had the LED package. I helped with their canbus testing since my Jeep had the halogen package. We went through a couple of sets until we got a good one that didn't have issues getting wet or bouncing around from off-roading. It is solid state vs mechanical. Now the KC Headlights come with both adaptors, one for LED package and one for Halogen package.

I have a 10% off discount code that is in my signature (KCJEEPGEN) that works with most item on their site. There are a few restrictions and doesn't work during holiday promotions. Can't double dip. Always worth a try at checkout though. I don't get a kick back from it, just there to help out.

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
Yup talking the headlights. Whelp I ordered a set last night from ET (in stock, only reason), if it doesn’t work I’ll just send them back. Thanks for the heads up though!
That's who I ordered from. Hopefully it will work out for you. They have two sets that are about one cent different in price, and both are supposed to be for the JL wrangler. It could be that I just chose the wrong one, but I wish they would differentiate between the two in their description.

The KC LED Fogs have an adaptor to go from their light to the factory harness. The KC LED Headlights comes with the bracket needed to mount it. If you have the LED package, you use the provided adaptor, if you have the halogen package, you use the provided canbus decoder adaptor. You can see it in my KC install videos. Originally the KC headlights only worked with the LED package, as their Gladiator had the LED package. I helped with their canbus testing since my Jeep had the halogen package. We went through a couple of sets until we got a good one that didn't have issues getting wet or bouncing around from off-roading. It is solid state vs mechanical. Now the KC Headlights come with both adaptors, one for LED package and one for Halogen package.

I have a 10% off discount code that is in my signature (KCJEEPGEN) that works with most item on their site. There are a few restrictions and doesn't work during holiday promotions. Can't double dip. Always worth a try at checkout though. I don't get a kick back from it, just there to help out.
I sure wish I had seen this thread, before I bought mine. I could have used your code, and got the right stuff directly from KC. So far the ones I have are working.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072KK8LLL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner

JLRyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Thanks I’ll let you know how it works out, the description on ET stated any Jeep jl, other sites like Quadratec specifically stated for jl w/ led package. We will see :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
IMG_8031.JPG
auxswitches.png
Jeep-Wrangler-JL-2017-2020_en1-fuse-box-diagram.jpg

For those of you looking for FE4 wiring to Stock Mopar Aux Switches. Here are some pictures of the KC harness and info on the Mopar Switches with Fuse locations.

The 2 legs going to the actual FE4 lights each have 3 wires in them. Red, Black and White.

The Blacks need to go to your battery negative for best connection.

The Whites are the Amber back light. If you want to use a AUX Switch, I would recommend Switch #3 or #4. They are 15 amps max. To match the KC wiring, you should swap out that 15 amp Micro Fuse for a 3 amp to match what they are using to safe off that wire to the light. They want it to pop at 3 amps, not 15.

The Reds are the Main White Light. I would recommend to use with Switch #1 or #2 as they are rated at 40 amps max. Now I would recommend swapping out the 40 amp Cartridge Fuse for a 25 amp to match the KC wiring. They want it to pop at 25, not 40. By the time it reaches 40 amps, something could burn up. If it is hard to find the Cartridge Fuse (not a common fuse), you would also use the KC 25 amp inline fuse between the Mopar Switch leg and the KC Red wires.

Note that KC did not intend for both White and Amber to be on at the same time. So make sure to turn off the Amber before turning on the White.

Hope this helps. Let me know if anyone has any questions.

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
Well, I spoke too soon. The canbus decoders I tried to use are still not totally correcting the issue. I still have no high beams in both lights, only one.

I'm starting to think I may have made an expensive mistake purchasing these lights. I'll have to contact KC directly again. Hate to be a downer on this thread.

JLRyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
So in stock for ET and still processing...makes me believe there might be shenanigans going on here. I might be canceling my order due to the black hole of information on the order that aligns well with my online ordering lately.

Can I get the part number you used for your conversation from halogen so I don’t waste more time on the wrong kit?

Would really like to buy KC but even their website shows no email/phone/contact info..

mark090852

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wranger Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Would really like to buy KC but even their website shows no email/phone/contact info..
I have found KC to be very responsive whenever I contact them via their website. Just click on HELP at the top of their page, then click on CONTACT US. A message form comes up that allows you to message them. I have used that method perhaps a half dozen times the last few months and they have always responded via email within a day or two at the most. Once they respond via email, I have had email conversations with them where they respond within a matter of hours each time. You might give that a try, and hopefully you will have the great results that I have had.

Sponsored

JLRyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
I pulled up the website again and didn’t see your link, so I hopped on my PC and low and behold there it was. Thanks for the info! 🍺

mark090852

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wranger Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Last evening I installed the KC Flex ERA 4 lights on the cowl mounts. The install was easy. I wired them to two of my factory aux switches, one for the amber back lights and one for the main lights. Everything works great! White letter KC decals coming soon to match the Flex 4 covers to the light bar covers.
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! Flex 4 Three
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! Flex 4 Two
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! Flex Era 4 Four

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
Got a email back from you guys, that said end of March now.
I just got a email with tracking that my KC light bar will be here in 2 days. I will display pics once these lights are here. Finally something is looking up. Thanks

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
Last evening I installed the KC Flex ERA 4 lights on the cowl mounts. The install was easy. I wired them to two of my factory aux switches, one for the amber back lights and one for the main lights. Everything works great! White letter KC decals coming soon to match the Flex 4 covers to the light bar covers.
Did your lights come with the white lettering?
Sponsored