KC Hilites G34s install Help!

RubiconMarcSF

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hey everyone!! I installed the G34s in the rear bumper as back up lights and I wired them into the Aux wiring for easy activation.

However once I finished and tested the lights only one worked... I know the wiring harness came with a lot of wiring and including red, black and a yellow and a relay. I’m not a wiring expert but I cut the yellow wire with the relay and removed it form the harness to only use the red and black wire. I know using the Aux wiring, I just need the red wire to power it and black to ground. Am I missing something?

Has anyone installed these using the Aux switch in their JL? Thanks

D2C8F65D-5756-421C-813E-FF3EF4F0853C.jpeg
Sponsored

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
Hey everyone!! I installed the G34s in the rear bumper as back up lights and I wired them into the Aux wiring for easy activation.

However once I finished and tested the lights only one worked... I know the wiring harness came with a lot of wiring and including red, black and a yellow and a relay. I’m not a wiring expert but I cut the yellow wire with the relay and removed it form the harness to only use the red and black wire. I know using the Aux wiring, I just need the red wire to power it and black to ground. Am I missing something?

Has anyone installed these using the Aux switch in their JL? Thanks

Jeep Wrangler JL KC Hilites G34s install Help! D2C8F65D-5756-421C-813E-FF3EF4F0853C
If you are using the Mopar Switches, all you need is the red and black wires from the harness. Black to solid ground buss or negative post on battery, and red to switch leg on Mopar wire leads. Then make sure that you match the fuse size from the harness to the switch leg. Never go up in size that factory installed, but you can go down in size.

If only one light is working, try swapping lights to see if the problem follows. If you have a meter, you can also check for voltage at the connectors. If you have roughly 12vDC at both connectors and the light not working follows to the working location, and the working one continues to work at the bad location, then it sounds like a bad light. Then you can submit at https://www.kchilites.com/help/returns/form

If the problem does not follow and one location is missing voltage, sounds like the crimp connection of the two reds or two blacks is loose or broken. There should be a 3 way split on the reds and blacks. 1 main going up then splitting to the two lights.
You can shoot me some pictures or DMs on Instagram if you need some more help for a faster response. I don't get on the forums as much as I would like.