KC Gravity Pro 6 - Mounting on JL Steel Bumper

PJRider

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hey gang, maybe someone can set me straight because I'm clearly missing something here.

Trying to install a pair of KC Gravity Pro 6 lights directly onto the JL OEM steel bumper. I asked KC before ordering and the rep said that these should be able to mount directly into the existing bolt holes on the bumper.

Doesn't look like that's the case -- first, the universal mounting bolt on each KC light seems too big -- the bolt is clearly bigger than the Torx that I removed. Second, there seems to be a bracket underneath the bolt hole on the bumper that would need to be removed -- but the bracket spans more than one hole -- it's not just a bolt receiver bracket for that particular hole.

I'm missing something here. Intent was to be able to mount each light using the existing bolt holes.

Thanks.
IMG_20191013_113317.jpg
Sponsored

Kajmcbride

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep TJ, 2005 Dodge Ram, 2018 JLU Rubicon
I mounted my Baja Designs LP9 pros using those holes in the metal bumper. The Torx bolts go into clip nuts that attach to the bumper mounts. I would do the following to mount your lights.

1. Remove the Torx bolt where you want to mount the light.

2. Loosen the three other Torx bolts a couple turns on both sides of the tow hook so you can slide out the clip nut on the hole you want mount your light.

3. Tighten the three bolts once you removed the clip nut.

4. If needed enlarge the hole where you want to mount to the correct size with a drill.

5. Lastly, put the stud on the light through the hole and reach behind the bumper and install the nut on the light stud.

Kajmcbride

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep TJ, 2005 Dodge Ram, 2018 JLU Rubicon
Here is a pic of my mounting.

InkedIMG_0666_LI.jpg

OP
OP
PJRider

PJRider

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Great, thanks. So I've gotten that far. The bracket/frame within the bumper is not a perfect fit -- so when I removed one of the torx bolts it's not shiften a bit -- as if the that bracket/frame is a bit bent/untrue on one side. Makes it tough getting the KC bolt in . . .

Thanks for the info.

I mounted my Baja Designs LP9 pros using those holes in the metal bumper. The Torx bolts go into clip nuts that attach to the bumper mounts. I would do the following to mount your lights.

1. Remove the Torx bolt where you want to mount the light.

2. Loosen the three other Torx bolts a couple turns on both sides of the tow hook so you can slide out the clip nut on the hole you want mount your light.

3. Tighten the three bolts once you removed the clip nut.

4. If needed enlarge the hole where you want to mount to the correct size with a drill.

5. Lastly, put the stud on the light through the hole and reach behind the bumper and install the nut on the light stud.

Techbrute

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
How did this wind up? I’m about to do this exact thing...
Jeep Wrangler JL KC Gravity Pro 6 - Mounting on JL Steel Bumper image

OP
OP
PJRider

PJRider

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Turned out great. I worked through all the issues -- can't remember what they all were now but figured it out. Look great, wired to Aux 4 on the panel inside, etc.

Good luck!
Sponsored