Nohair989

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Dead thread bump!
Agreed. I must see two dozen Wranglers a day on my commute (and wave at everyone). It surprises me that there isn't more traffic on this thread. Maybe we need a meet and greet?
Sponsored

MORubi

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Red JLUR, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Construction
I have been a member of this forum since it started and we only had one kc area meet and greet. I missed it too. Not a lot of KC action.

Dwildone

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR
I’m in the KC area and would be interested in a meet up with those on this board. I’m curious how much overlap there is with the Midwest Krawlers group. I’ve joined them on a couple rides and had a good time, but I’ve not yet joined as a paid member.

CalsJLUR

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I’m in the KC area and would be interested in a meet up with those on this board. I’m curious how much overlap there is with the Midwest Krawlers group. I’ve joined them on a couple rides and had a good time, but I’ve not yet joined as a paid member.
I am a member of MWK (Midwest Krawlers) and we do a lot of pop up events, it would be nice to get our JLwranglerforum Group together again! A lift party or wrench party is a great way to bring everyone together.

Nohair989

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I am a member of MWK (Midwest Krawlers) and we do a lot of pop up events, it would be nice to get our JLwranglerforum Group together again! A lift party or wrench party is a great way to bring everyone together.
A lift party sounds good. I'm looking at a 2" lift to make room for some 35" tires before too long and haven't ever played with a suspension.

Sponsored

CalsJLUR

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
A lift party sounds good. I'm looking at a 2" lift to make room for some 35" tires before too long and haven't ever played with a suspension.
Well just let us know when you get everything and are ready install, we will get together and get it taken care of!

SilverRubi

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Well just let us know when you get everything and are ready install, we will get together and get it taken care of!
Man I didn't know people around here would jump on an opportunity to help with a lift. I've been struggling with a metalcloak game changer. I've got it installed but have a pretty good lean to one side and issues getting my axle squared up. Going to pull all the control arms off this weekend and remeasure everything. I'm kinda stumped.

CalsJLUR

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Man I didn't know people around here would jump on an opportunity to help with a lift. I've been struggling with a metalcloak game changer. I've got it installed but have a pretty good lean to one side and issues getting my axle squared up. Going to pull all the control arms off this weekend and remeasure everything. I'm kinda stumped.
I am not sure about the lean, is it possible that metal cloak has corner specific coils? How much lift do you have?

SilverRubi

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I am not sure about the lean, is it possible that metal cloak has corner specific coils? How much lift do you have?
It's the 3.5" lift. The springs aren't corner specific. They have been swapped side to side on the rear but it didn't make a difference. Metalcloak and 4x4 Land said they haven't seen the issue before. I'm thinking something in my control arms is binding. The driver rear lower is about 1/4" longer than the passenger. The alignment shop I took to extended it to get my thrust angle in. This is also something metalcloak and 4x4 Land said they haven't seen. So I'm going to drop them and remeasure everything.

Nohair989

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Wow, you guys rock! I'll certainly take you up on that offer. Beverages are on me.

Sponsored

CalsJLUR

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's the 3.5" lift. The springs aren't corner specific. They have been swapped side to side on the rear but it didn't make a difference. Metalcloak and 4x4 Land said they haven't seen the issue before. I'm thinking something in my control arms is binding. The driver rear lower is about 1/4" longer than the passenger. The alignment shop I took to extended it to get my thrust angle in. This is also something metalcloak and 4x4 Land said they haven't seen. So I'm going to drop them and remeasure everything.
Good luck! If you need any help just let us know.

Digiwolf

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Lee summit Jeep is garbage, their service is the worst. Last vehicle I ever buy there, Reed is pretty decent though, no sale pressure and didn't have to fight them on price either.

Last edited:

MORubi

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Lee summit Jeep is garbage, their service is the worst. Last vehicle I every buy there, Reed is pretty decent though, no sale pressure and didn't have to fight them on price either.
I always have better luck at LSJ for sales and service. Wonder what the deal is. I have heard good things about Reed. Landmark in Independence is a joke and especially their service department. Gladstone service department is pretty good to deal with as well.

MORubi

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Lee summit Jeep is garbage, their service is the worst. Last vehicle I every buy there, Reed is pretty decent though, no sale pressure and didn't have to fight them on price either.
I always have better luck at LSJ for sales and service. Wonder what the deal is. I have heard good things about Reed. Landmark in Independence is a joke and especially their service department. Gladstone service department is pretty good to deal with as well.

CalsJLUR

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Any body have any interest in a couple of items?

1. Stock Rubicon Rails - $75.00
2. Ace Rock Sliders - $150.00, Sold
3. Metal Cloak Rear Diff Skid - $75.00, Sold
4. Stock Rubicon Suspension w/ shocks - $100.00, Sold
Sponsored

Last edited: