Sponsored

Katzkin service

K2AZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP 2019 JLU
Someone change my mind about katzkin. Product seems great, but everything else has been disappointing.

No authorized dealer/installer near me, no problem a local shop says they can order it with their katzkin account.

Now I haven't been able to make changes, warranty is probably out of the question and katzkin cannot be bothered enough to respond to an email. If it weren't for this forum I wouldn't even know Mopar has an agreement with them (too late anyways).

Nice seats, but buyer beware.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
That was my experience as well.

Katzkin has listings everywhere, on eBay, Amazon, etc., and their prices are very good. But you will get the leather...and ZERO support. Even if you buy through Amazon.

The Katzkin leather on my Sahara looks great; like factory. But don’t think this is something anyone can do in their spare time. I attempted to install the leather myself. Contacted Katzkin with some enquiries but they pretty much told me take a hike.

Turns out the closest authorized Katzkin installer is 60 miles away, so I ended going to a local installer. They did an excellent job, but the whole thing cost me more than had I just gone straight to them in the first place and bought the leather from them.

If I were to do it all over again, I’d skip Katzkin altogether and go straight to my local installer, pick the leather and have them take care of everything.

PS - I didn’t go through my local Jeep dealer; that’s a separate can of worms...

IceBerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XR 392
I've read similar things and I've been giving thought to just getting PRP seat covers instead.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
It seemed like they were helpful to people on this forum when JL first came out, although I had no experience with them. @Katzkin ?

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
That was my experience as well.

Katzkin has listings everywhere, on eBay, Amazon, etc., and their prices are very good. But you will get the leather...and ZERO support. Even if you buy through Amazon.

The Katzkin leather on my Sahara looks great; like factory. But don’t think this is something anyone can do in their spare time. I attempted to install the leather myself. Contacted Katzkin with some enquiries but they pretty much told me take a hike.

Turns out the closest authorized Katzkin installer is 60 miles away, so I ended going to a local installer. They did an excellent job, but the whole thing cost me more than had I just gone straight to them in the first place and bought the leather from them.

If I were to do it all over again, I’d skip Katzkin altogether and go straight to my local installer, pick the leather and have them take care of everything.

PS - I didn’t go through my local Jeep dealer; that’s a separate can of worms...
How much was the labor cost to install?

Sponsored

OP
OP

K2AZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP 2019 JLU
How much was the labor cost to install?
They don't seperate the costs, so impossible to know.

I have factory installed leather seats now and I wouldn't choose katzkin if given another opportunity. The pattern and color options are nice, but they're glorified seat covers. Zippers and all.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
They don't seperate the costs, so impossible to know.

I have factory installed leather seats now and I wouldn't choose katzkin if given another opportunity. The pattern and color options are nice, but they're glorified seat covers. Zippers and all.
I just found an excel spreadsheet of katzin prices and they are $725. Also found a tons of them on ebay for $690-$800 (new)

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
I'm late on this one but as a seasoned upholstery "enthusiast" i'll add this...

If you want something you can install yourself and have great support behind it, go with CFI (Leatherseats.com). If you are going to have an installer do it for you, then you can go with Katzkin or CFI. Katzkin is not interested in supporting the end user, that's why you aren't supposed to be able to even get their product without going through an installer. CFI has wonderful support, and offers a nicer product than Katzkin anyway. It will cost you more though.
Sponsored