Katzkin leather vs PRP seat covers vs Katzkin vinyl

Atom631

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I made a grave mistake when I ordered my JLUR. I opted for cloth seats to save some money. Well I have 2 dogs, one being a yellow lab and my seats are constantly covered in dog hair. add to the sand that gets on them during beach days, its driving me nuts.

I was pretty fixed on PRP vinyl seat covers, but holy crap….when all is said and done, they are $1500!

so I started looking at Katzkin leather. all in they are about $2000. but that includes install and a 3 year warranty..and they are considered a jeep/oem upgrade. However, I am concerned about durability of the leather vs the vinyl.

so I asked if they have a vinyl option, and they do. its $300 less than leather, which makes them only $200 more than PRP. But I dont have to install. For $200 thats worth the difference.

im wondering if any has advice/input on this. for those who have installed katzkin, how are they holding up? what are the pros/cons of leather vs vinyl.
Sponsored

diesel_jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4bt Cj
look on ebay for the prp seat covers they can be had for a fraction of the price

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

2 dogs… consider your coverings somewhat disposable and don’t pay top dollar. A couple of pro’s are that you can change out several times for the same price as they get scratched, stained, tired. The con’s… you will not stress out if your expensive covering goes bad.

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have Katzkin leather in one of my cars and it is holding up and looks better than any factory leather I have ever had.

Jeep Wrangler JL Katzkin leather vs PRP seat covers vs Katzkin vinyl 1680733562519

Jeep Wrangler JL Katzkin leather vs PRP seat covers vs Katzkin vinyl 1680733571156

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jiggs1960

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2022 Chevy Colorado
Vehicle Showcase
We used to have a vehicle that had Katzkin seat covers that were put on at the dealership before we bought it. They held up very well and looked very nice. The drivers seat was just barely starting to show some ware when we traded it in at 65,000 miles.
Having said t, we weren't putting dogs in it either.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Neighbor has Katzkin leather in his Jeep. VERY nice and much more supple than factory leather. As stated above, I wouldn't put medium / large dogs on it.

When I had dogs I put them behind the 2nd row with a harness and a 1 ft leash, attached to the LATCH on the back seat.

Maybe that's an inexpensive alternative to new seats.

JimmyB

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Holding up today just as well as they were when they were installed a year ago. If you slide out of your seat expect standard wear on the seat bolster...worst case if it ever does wear out I can probably just order the bottom seat cover and get it replaced. I do have a massive dog but we have a hammock style cover in the backseat so no actual wear in the back at all.
Jeep Wrangler JL Katzkin leather vs PRP seat covers vs Katzkin vinyl 1679150886287

MandrewSD

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392
I made a grave mistake when I ordered my JLUR. I opted for cloth seats to save some money. Well I have 2 dogs, one being a yellow lab and my seats are constantly covered in dog hair. add to the sand that gets on them during beach days, its driving me nuts.

I was pretty fixed on PRP vinyl seat covers, but holy crap….when all is said and done, they are $1500!

so I started looking at Katzkin leather. all in they are about $2000. but that includes install and a 3 year warranty..and they are considered a jeep/oem upgrade. However, I am concerned about durability of the leather vs the vinyl.

so I asked if they have a vinyl option, and they do. its $300 less than leather, which makes them only $200 more than PRP. But I dont have to install. For $200 thats worth the difference.

im wondering if any has advice/input on this. for those who have installed katzkin, how are they holding up? what are the pros/cons of leather vs vinyl.
FYI PRP seat covers are not $1500. They are $500 for the Front PAIR and $500 for the Rear ($1000 total). I also got the center console cover for another $70. They are very well built, I went with vinyl and Cordura to help with the dog hair and prevent fromunder cheese...

OP
OP
Atom631

Atom631

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
FYI PRP seat covers are not $1500. They are $500 for the Front PAIR and $500 for the Rear ($1000 total). I also got the center console cover for another $70. They are very well built, I went with vinyl and Cordura to help with the dog hair and prevent fromunder cheese...
I shouldve clarified that I was looking for a factory match look. If you add the Rubicon logo to the front seats its another $200. tax and shipping was like $1475 for me.

Sponsored

manapiko

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
What about Wet Okole? I always loved having those growing up. Thinking about a set for our Tundra.

However, for our jeep we just use a big ol rear seat cover, universal style, from Amazon. Keeps all the bullys hair and kiddos mess contained.

cmccolley

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR
Holding up today just as well as they were when they were installed a year ago. If you slide out of your seat expect standard wear on the seat bolster...worst case if it ever does wear out I can probably just order the bottom seat cover and get it replaced. I do have a massive dog but we have a hammock style cover in the backseat so no actual wear in the back at all.
Jeep Wrangler JL Katzkin leather vs PRP seat covers vs Katzkin vinyl 1679150886287
What seat covers are those?