Katzkin leather seats

Jeeper621

First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
What do you think about the suede so far? I’ve got factory cloth seats right now and they are like magnets for dirt and hair. I am really going back and forth about whether I want full leather or leather with suede inserts.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
What do you think about the suede so far? I’ve got factory cloth seats right now and they are like magnets for dirt and hair. I am really going back and forth about whether I want full leather or leather with suede inserts.
Loving them so far. I agree with another member that the seats do feel more plush after installation. The suede adds a nice texture to the monochrome. They won't be hot or cold to sit in and feels more "premium" than cloth. They will still trap hair, dirt, etc. so I keep a tiny vac in the trunk. Your local installer should have swatches of the leather and suede so you can get an idea.Have fun and good luck!

DobieG

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sahara
I had mine done at a katzkin preferred installer about 2 weeks ago, not very happy. The quality and loom of the product is great the installer sucked, wrinkles everywhere, lumps under the leather. I figured the wrinkles would go away with some time, but it looks more like stretch marks that will not. Wry dissapointing. Anyone have tips to reduce wrinkles and get a tighter fit? I tried low heat, and running the heater then massaging then as spots, but no luck.

Sponsored

Katzkin

First Name
Katzkin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
JL Owners -

I am sorry I did not have the opportunity to comment on this post earlier. I want to try to shed some light on some of the questions on the this thread.
If you purchase your leather interior from your Jeep dealer you can add the logo, a contrast stitch (not diamond stitch), a 2 tone leather for no extra charge and the Mopar MSRP is $1425 including installation. (Mopar PN (4 door) LRJL4182DI and (2 door) LRJL2182DI)
Check out www.moparleather.com for some design options
You always have the option of contacting one of the Katzkin authorized resellers and the pricing may be a little better if you are looking for a simple design. For example, if you are looking for a single color with out any contrasting stitch the pricing may be slightly better. However, if you want to go with any customization the pricing through your Mopar dealer is probably the best. If you want a logo, your only option is to purchase through the Mopar dealer.
Feel free to private message us with any questions, and we will look to respond within 24 hours.

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
I’ve been meaning to post, I received my Jeep about a month ago. Sorry if I overload the thread with pictures ‍♀

91771D69-5451-4E9D-B794-0BE27DF97922.jpeg

CE27DA73-5E41-4FE0-9A46-ECB5AE7039C8.jpeg

85FB5863-7142-451F-A27F-7E12905E10BD.jpeg

6640E77F-E988-4A8B-9315-3383AF738611.jpeg

D715D173-90ED-4C41-9D63-5DBE072673EB.jpeg

8038D500-89B7-485F-924F-EC978203A57A.jpeg

BF7428DF-AC41-4385-91B1-C1E41F56CD69.jpeg

ED6075E8-708A-483B-A747-F8FF6D8FCD0A.jpeg

3061BEE2-36E9-4E29-8CD5-14D77D08B9B1.jpeg
I love that! what is the exact name of the color?

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
We had crappy weather so was hard to get good pictures. Time to scrub out all the red on the interior.

20180727_151650.jpg

Awesome! Do you have pics of the front seats?

Sponsored

Fastbusa

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
My @Katzkin leathers did not turn out well at all. Very displeased at them especially looking at how great they look on some of the previous pictures. For what I paid for them, they look terrible.
Jeep Wrangler JL Katzkin leather seats 20210102_103333
Jeep Wrangler JL Katzkin leather seats 20210102_103354
Jeep Wrangler JL Katzkin leather seats 20210102_103135

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
My @Katzkin leathers did not turn out well at all. Very displeased at them especially looking at how great they look on some of the previous pictures. For what I paid for them, they look terrible.
Where's the terrible part?

Seriously, that looks fine. The wrinkles on the middle base of the back seat will work out (it will take a couple months unless you live in a really hot climate)...and the leather around that seat release clip could use a little work...however that's a terrible design by FCA and Katzkin didn't do us any favors in their cover design (they just cut out a hole, there's no reinforcement there like the factory upholstery has) so there's only so much that can be done. But other than that what you show is pretty standard for the Wrangler seats. I've seen some terrible installs and this is not one of them.

Fastbusa

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Where's the terrible part?

Seriously, that looks fine. The wrinkles on the middle base of the back seat will work out (it will take a couple months unless you live in a really hot climate)...and the leather around that seat release clip could use a little work...however that's a terrible design by FCA and Katzkin didn't do us any favors in their cover design (they just cut out a hole, there's no reinforcement there like the factory upholstery has) so there's only so much that can be done. But other than that what you show is pretty standard for the Wrangler seats. I've seen some terrible installs and this is not one of them.
They are extremely loose fitting with wrinkles all over them. Some glue residue can be seen around clips. Guess from a lot of the pictures I've seen, I expected a better looking seat. I was excited to get them done but feel very underwhelmed by the looks. Maybe I'm being too critical of my expectations.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
They are extremely loose fitting with wrinkles all over them. Some glue residue can be seen around clips. Guess from a lot of the pictures I've seen, I expected a better looking seat. I was excited to get them done but feel very underwhelmed by the looks. Maybe I'm being too critical of my expectations.
How long ago did you get them done? From my experience you need to give it anywhere from 2-4 weeks before you evaluate the final result. The leather needs time to stretch into it's long term shape. When I did my Tahoe it took about two weeks, but that was at the height of summer heat. I just did my wife's Wrangler last week, and it's already much better than it was right after I finished it, but I don't know how long it will take to be "fully fit" in the dead of winter. I had those same wrinkles you have in the center of the back seat base and they are almost gone now. My son's car seat creates indentations in my Tahoe seats that take about a month and a half to disappear. So give it some time.

Also you can probably improve the leather fit around the seat latch by grabbing the cover and just "shimmying" it around...that's what I did because the fit around that latch trim REALLY tricky to get right. Mine turned out pretty ok.

Fastbusa

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
How long ago did you get them done? From my experience you need to give it anywhere from 2-4 weeks before you evaluate the final result. The leather needs time to stretch into it's long term shape. When I did my Tahoe it took about two weeks, but that was at the height of summer heat. I just did my wife's Wrangler last week, and it's already much better than it was right after I finished it, but I don't know how long it will take to be "fully fit" in the dead of winter. I had those same wrinkles you have in the center of the back seat base and they are almost gone now. My son's car seat creates indentations in my Tahoe seats that take about a month and a half to disappear. So give it some time.

Also you can probably improve the leather fit around the seat latch by grabbing the cover and just "shimmying" it around...that's what I did because the fit around that latch trim REALLY tricky to get right. Mine turned out pretty ok.
Just got them completed last week, and when I picked up the vehicle the installer told me they came out extremely wrinkled compared to others they've done. They had at least 10 boxes waiting install, so I feel it was excessive compared to what they normally see in order for them to tell me that. I've reached out to katzkin and sent them the pictures. I've heard great things about them, so I'm confident they'll tell me it's normal give it some time or offer help in correcting.

I appreciate your help @TheRaven
Sponsored