Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Crap job means a couple wrinkles here and there. I don't know what a crap job looks like to you, but it's pretty hard to screw up leather seat install really badly. It's really simple, just very LABOR intensive. I've installed leather seats before and I was 100% satisfied with my first attempt.
Enjoy your crappy seats.
Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer šŸ˜‚
Enjoy your crappy seats.
Because I'm not paying someone 1 grand to install it for me? Sounds like you're upset that you paid for your install while there are other's who didn't šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø To each their own man, no need to be so prissy about it

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
I've contacted @Katzkin to discuss replacement. Still extremely loose fitting. Back seats still have creases. Not much difference from initial install till now. Not having much luck with katzkin as they were supposed to call me back a week ago after sending in pictures. These creases are after 4 months
I guess i'm not understanding what you are expecting. I don't see any problem in the pic you posted. If you mean the indentation that's still there from installation, you aren't going to get much sympathy from katzkin on that. You can see in my pic that the left rear seat has indentations from my son's booster seat. This is par for the course with leather and vinyl. If I kept his seat out of the Jeep, it would take 2-3 months minimum for those indentations to go away. My Tahoe has removable third row seats that always have lines of indentation in them from being folded up...they can be in the truck in the heat for six months and the lines don't go away.

I am sometimes really surprised at how different our expectations can be especially when it comes to our cars. There are things that I could drive a car for ten years and never even notice that would drive others to try to lemon-law it.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Wrangler392; ā€˜20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
The creases in your rear bench could shrink over the summer. I donā€™t see how Katzkin would reimburse you for a minor installation issue.

See if your installer is willing to work with you.

Fastbusa

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
I guess i'm not understanding what you are expecting. I don't see any problem in the pic you posted. If you mean the indentation that's still there from installation, you aren't going to get much sympathy from katzkin on that. You can see in my pic that the left rear seat has indentations from my son's booster seat. This is par for the course with leather and vinyl. If I kept his seat out of the Jeep, it would take 2-3 months minimum for those indentations to go away. My Tahoe has removable third row seats that always have lines of indentation in them from being folded up...they can be in the truck in the heat for six months and the lines don't go away.

I am sometimes really surprised at how different our expectations can be especially when it comes to our cars. There are things that I could drive a car for ten years and never even notice that would drive others to try to lemon-law it.
The indentations are there from deep creases out of the box, not from something sitting on them. My installer said he's never seen them like that before.

I expect when I pay for something to look like factory leather seats as katzin claims along with what they cost. I want them to be like factory leather, call me crazy :)

Luckily, @Katzkin agreed what I was experiencing wasn't normal and are replacing them.

Sponsored

Fastbusa

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
The creases in your rear bench could shrink over the summer. I donā€™t see how Katzkin would reimburse you for a minor installation issue.

See if your installer is willing to work with you.
The installers wanted me to wait until it got hot enough outside, which I was perfectly fine with. They stated they normally pull tight enough to look glass. As I mentioned above they are being replaced so everything is all good. The katzin rep thought they possibly sat in the box too long.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
The indentations are there from deep creases out of the box, not from something sitting on them. My installer said he's never seen them like that before.

I expect when I pay for something to look like factory leather seats as katzin claims along with what they cost. I want them to be like factory leather, call me crazy :)

Luckily, @Katzkin agreed what I was experiencing wasn't normal and are replacing them.
I had the creases too, but with a couple days of heat, they disappeared. My leather was so-so right after install but again, after the heat, as good as factory. Now I did do a quick push-pull session on the questionable areas and that probably helped a little, but still. Differences in expectations, like I said. I'm impressed that Katzkin is doing anything, I wouldn't have.

Fastbusa

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
I had the creases too, but with a couple days of heat, they disappeared. My leather was so-so right after install but again, after the heat, as good as factory. Now I did do a quick push-pull session on the questionable areas and that probably helped a little, but still. Differences in expectations, like I said. I'm impressed that Katzkin is doing anything, I wouldn't have.
Mine didn't change for 4 months. Last month have been substantial heat with last couple weeks 80+. Guess I'm fortunate you aren't head of the warrenty department :whew:.

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I just finished my seats, done them myself. Years ago I use to be an authorized installer and did upholstery, including sewing. I feel their overall fitment has greatly improved since I last done them regularly. But feel they still donā€™t do enough quality control as I seen some flaws that shouldnā€™t make it out, but I can live with itā€¦ Itā€™s overall very good quality for production work and most wouldnā€™t notice the issues unless I was to point them out.

My Jeep is a 2021 Rubicon 2 door and itā€™s by far the easiest install Iā€™ve ever done. These seats are pretty simple and straightforward.

7C68EF69-554E-41F7-B77B-8D04B6A4CC64.jpeg

F4C090E0-69A7-4563-B1BA-4C9AD9CD9231.jpeg

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
Any updates?

oyealiz

First Name
Liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Solar Yellow TJ and Sting Gray JLU
I just finished my seats, done them myself. Years ago I use to be an authorized installer and did upholstery, including sewing. I feel their overall fitment has greatly improved since I last done them regularly. But feel they still donā€™t do enough quality control as I seen some flaws that shouldnā€™t make it out, but I can live with itā€¦ Itā€™s overall very good quality for production work and most wouldnā€™t notice the issues unless I was to point them out.

My Jeep is a 2021 Rubicon 2 door and itā€™s by far the easiest install Iā€™ve ever done. These seats are pretty simple and straightforward.

Jeep Wrangler JL Katzkin leather seats F4C090E0-69A7-4563-B1BA-4C9AD9CD9231

Jeep Wrangler JL Katzkin leather seats F4C090E0-69A7-4563-B1BA-4C9AD9CD9231
Which color red are they? I see that Katzkin has several reds. Thanks!

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Which color red are they? I see that Katzkin has several reds. Thanks!
Salsa Red, itā€™s closer to firecracker red (more so then the dash).