Sponsored

musicforme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X v6, Auto, Step-Assist Rock Rails
I'm going to order a Jeep later today and was debating whether to order the Rubicon X package to get the leather seats. As I understand it currently that is the only way to get a 2024 with leather seats.

Based on what I read in this thread, I'll be going aftermarket with Katzkin instead. Thanks to everyone who replied in this thread, especially with the photos.
Sponsored

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to order a Jeep later today and was debating whether to order the Rubicon X package to get the leather seats. As I understand it currently that is the only way to get a 2024 with leather seats.

Based on what I read in this thread, I'll be going aftermarket with Katzkin instead. Thanks to everyone who replied in this thread, especially with the photos.
I just got a Rubicon X and was thinking of swapping out the leather for katzkin just to get the cooled seats. Is that really not an option?

jeramie964

First Name
Jeramie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JK
I’ve been thinking similarly that it seems like such a waste to have brand new cloth seat material just cut up and wasted. I wish there was a way to reuse the cloth material.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I just got a Rubicon X and was thinking of swapping out the leather for katzkin just to get the cooled seats. Is that really not an option?
Katzkin does have a cooling option. They had a display set-up in the shop I went to. Air wasn't strong enough for my taste but I did get the perforated option just in case I wanted to get the cooling option later. Never did. Cooling (front) seats will be mandatory in my next vehicle though. I live in Texas and this heat is torture down here.

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Katzkin does have a cooling option. They had a display set-up in the shop I went to. Air wasn't strong enough for my taste but I did get the perforated option just in case I wanted to get the cooling option later. Never did. Cooling (front) seats will be mandatory in my next vehicle though. I live in Texas and this heat is torture down here.
I wonder if you could just add cooling since the rubicon x comes with heated seats.

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I’ve been thinking similarly that it seems like such a waste to have brand new cloth seat material just cut up and wasted. I wish there was a way to reuse the cloth material.
Agreed.

My plan was to let the cloth wear out and then replace it.

5 years later it's still looking great. 🤷‍♂️

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
Absolutely...just don't CUT the cloth - cut the rings instead. I ALWAYS do that. The way the pros do the swap makes me cringe - it's ridiculous that they destroy the factory covers every time. I've done 5 interiors now and every time I have carefully removed the factory material and re-sold it on ebay. It's WELL worth it. For my JL I got the (stock-style) Katzkin kit off ebay for $530, installed it myself, carefully removing the factory cloth by cutting the rings, and then I re-sold the factory cloth (it was basically brand new) for $350 on ebay.

When I did my Tahoe, I was able to re-sell the factory leather, which had 80k miles on it, for $400 on ebay.

So yes, do that.

CalPolyDM

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
WOW! looks awesome! I've searched around here as well as youtube, but couldn't find much installation details for our JL. Do you have any particular helpful resources? Mind sharing?
Seems everyone recommends a good hogring plier, there are so many choices on Amazon and I have no idea what would be good/helpful for this project. Would the bended one at 45 degree make this job easier?
Also any tips on removing that center console to install the switches?
Thanks you SO much!

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 12.00.57 AM.png
Sorry for the delay, haven’t been on the forum in a couple weeks. Any hog ring pliers work. For really tight places, I used good quality zip ties with the end piece tucked downward not to cause any rips or tears. The console is pretty easy to remove, couple bolts in the back and front sides. You can tell where they are based on the covers which just pop out. I took the seats out first, then the console. Wired things up, then put the console in an reinstalled the seats.
Sponsored