Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
For completeness: if you get factory leather you also get: leather covered armrest, dash and door trim, fold down rear cup-holders (floor cupholder delete) and you get floor leveling panels behind the rear seat when folded down. If you order cloth, you get vinyl covering to armrest/door trim and hard plastic dash, floor cupholders in the back, but no fold-down armrest, and no floor leveling panels.
For more completeness: The above does not apply to the Mopar leather packages (CBS, CBQ). Those will have the same trim components as the cloth.
Sponsored

COBoarder

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Ocean Blue
Best option for my jeep was the Katzkin seats. One year later and I smile every time I get in. Super unique seats, I love the black and tan contrast and the price was about the same as the dealer leather. I ordered with cloth then had a local Katzkin installer put them in, no complaints, I've never missed the center drop down in the back
seat.
Seat 4.jpg
Seat 5.jpg

chamox

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red Rubicon
I can confirm that the "Mopar" leather is made by Katzkin. I did like the Katzkin option when I saw it in the dealer and if I was ordering I would probably go with that option. I did not check if you got the center armrest etc. if you went this route but I would assume so ( but check ). Ordering cloth and Katzkin later would be a good option but you would still not have those other items.

And just now I read ThirtyOne's post. Interesting that they go with the "cloth" extras...

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Katzkin's; I got a crazy color scheme in mind and despite being awesome, Mopar is boring with the interior choices

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
For more completeness: The above does not apply to the Mopar leather packages (CBS, CBQ). Those will have the same trim components as the cloth.
Hmmmm. When I looked at Jeeps at my local dealer, the factory leather packaged unit had the fold-down panel that bridged the gap when the rear sets were folded forward. But this post seems to indicate otherwise. Can anyone with a '19 Rubi UNL confirm that you have the panels behind the rear seats that bridge the gap created when the seats are folded forward? The other stuff means less to me, but this is important (for the dog). THX

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Hmmmm. When I looked at Jeeps at my local dealer, the factory leather packaged unit had the fold-down panel that bridged the gap when the rear sets were folded forward. But this post seems to indicate otherwise. Can anyone with a '19 Rubi UNL confirm that you have the panels behind the rear seats that bridge the gap created when the seats are folded forward? The other stuff means less to me, but this is important (for the dog). THX
There is the standard leather option and then two additional MOPAR leather options (CBS and CBQ). The standard leather option has the gap cover. The MOPAR leather options do not. I only mentioned it because some people ordered the CBS leather and were disappointed.

This is CBS:

f7b2a8f8-2da2-40e6-b882-2b6ceed766df-jpeg.jpg

and CBQ:

v-ifrxdhszar6hlx0hrmda-jpg.jpg

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
Wow - I can't find those letter designations on any document regarding mine - CBS or CBQ. All I see is *AL for the Leather Trimmed seats, and -T5 for the Heritage color. Would this be either the CBS or CBQ you are referring to?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Wow - I can't find those letter designations on any document regarding mine - CBS or CBQ. All I see is *AL for the Leather Trimmed seats, and -T5 for the Heritage color. Would this be either the CBS or CBQ you are referring to?
No ALT5 is the standard tan leather for Rubicon. CBS and CBQ are different. Also they only come in black.

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No ALT5 is the standard tan leather for Rubicon. CBS and CBQ are different. Also they only come in black.
Thanks!
So to confirm - either the Heritage Tan (ALT5) or the standard Black Leather seating, comes with the drop down piece that covers the gap when the second row seats are folded forward? (there's so few Heritage Tan equipped JLU's pictured out there and I can find none that show the second seat folded forward...hoping someone with one can confirm)

Rebacon

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon JL
If I had it to do again we go with Katzkin, I talked to a distributor asked if I wanted to order the seats with heat and ventilation, vented seats would be amazing right now...

Sponsored

heels19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Wrangler Sahara (Sting Gray), 14 Wrangler Sahara (Dune)
Thanks!
So to confirm - either the Heritage Tan (ALT5) or the standard Black Leather seating, comes with the drop down piece that covers the gap when the second row seats are folded forward? (there's so few Heritage Tan equipped JLU's pictured out there and I can find none that show the second seat folded forward...hoping someone with one can confirm)
Confirmed. You can also just buy the gap hider pretty cheaply and install yourself (30 min or less).

Katzkin is a no brainer if you are going Sport (you weren't getting all of those interior upgrades regardless) or Sahara (you still get literally everything from a trim perspective sans the leather dash and the rear seat middle arm-rest). For a Rubicon, it's a much harder decision.

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I have a question for those of you who got aftermarket Katzkin: Is the backseat seating area also leather? I know the backs of the seats and backs of the headrests are leatherette, but what about the rear seating surfaces?

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
I ordered the MOPAR perforated leather which is essentially Katzkin. It’s much softer and more comfortable than the red stitched standard leather. It doesn’t come with the center cup holders in the rear seats. The cup holders are located on the floor.

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the MOPAR perforated leather which is essentially Katzkin. It’s much softer and more comfortable than the red stitched standard leather. It doesn’t come with the center cup holders in the rear seats. The cup holders are located on the floor.
Are the back seats leather? At least the seating surfaces? Or are they leatherette?

Schism75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLU SAHARA
Had Katzskin leather installed on my previous JK Sport with heated seats from a Katzskin dealer. Great product! I paid $1750 3 years ago which was on the high end but that’s what I wanted. No fade or cracks and felt very comfortable on long rides. I now have factory leather and it’s nice. Either option is a win in my opinion.
Sponsored