Sponsored

Katzkin leather or factory?

Ybohannon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2008
I'm ordering my JLUR Monday. Today I started giving serious thought to Katzkin leather. They have more options, but anybody have experience with the quality? Will I be satisfied with it?
Sponsored

LouNYC

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking about doing the same thing. Katzkin is on Facebook and they are pretty active answering consumers questions. They told me that they can duplicate the "Sahara" stitching on the seats. Let us know what you decide and most important, the pricing.

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
I was thinking about doing the same thing. Katzkin is on Facebook and they are pretty active answering consumers questions. They told me that they can duplicate the "Sahara" stitching on the seats. Let us know what you decide and most important, the pricing.
Was qouted $1600 for red katzkin at my dealer for my Soort S JLU when it arrives.

OP
OP
Ybohannon

Ybohannon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2008
Read some of the reviews, and a lot of people are saying they had problems, ugh. I am going to stress way too much over this ordering process!!!

Jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR StingGray
My 2 cents, if its the same or similar price, go factory. You will get the better arm rest in the back seat. I think katzkin is great for guys who buy off the lot and want leather, or decide down the road, but if you are ordering get it from the factory and be done with it.

Sponsored

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
My 2 cents, if its the same or similar price, go factory. You will get the better arm rest in the back seat. I think katzkin is great for guys who buy off the lot and want leather, or decide down the road, but if you are ordering get it from the factory and be done with it.
Agreed here. I personally would have went cloth then Katzkin except for the cup holder issue. I never sit in the back but still.

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Definitely aftermarket, ESPECIALLY when you can order heated seats without factory leather. Can finally get a nice red interior going

OP
OP
Ybohannon

Ybohannon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2008
Agreed here. I personally would have went cloth then Katzkin except for the cup holder issue. I never sit in the back but still.
someone on another thread brought up a good point. three people riding in the back. no floor cupholders. so they have to hold their drinks. who knows what to do. I think I'm going to go into the dealership and flip a coin on the color and then flip a another coin for leather.

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
someone on another thread brought up a good point. three people riding in the back. no floor cupholders. so they have to hold their drinks. who knows what to do. I think I'm going to go into the dealership and flip a coin on the color and then flip a another coin for leather.
I pity the 3 people that are stuffed in the back.

Sponsored

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Wait wait wait, you really don't get the center armrest if you don't get leather?!

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
So Cloth = no fold down arm rest, but you get cup holders on the floor

coolcj7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon 2-door
Vehicle Showcase
If you choose the $1700~ option, it IS the Katzkin seats and not Mopar. In this case I would order from Katzkin as they have more colors options and the cost is practically the same. And if they can replicate the logo stitching, it's a no brainer. What I would do is research the installer that would be working on your seats because that is where the difference would be. But I assume, if you buy from a dealer that is close to the area, they use the same installer anyway, so...….

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.
For completeness: if you get factory leather you also get: leather covered armrest, dash and door trim, fold down rear cup-holders (floor cupholder delete) and you get floor leveling panels behind the rear seat when folded down. If you order cloth, you get vinyl covering to armrest/door trim and hard plastic dash, floor cupholders in the back, but no fold-down armrest, and no floor leveling panels.
Sponsored