Katzkin leather for JL Wrangler

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
DAMN THAT'S GORGEOUS. WHAT COLOR IS A JEEP ON THE OUT SIDE ? IS IT GRAY STINGRAY OR THAT GRAPHITE ? EITHER ONE THAT INTERIOR LOOKS DAMN GOOD DID THEY CHARGE EXTRA FOR THE DID THE 2 COLORS ?NORMALLY I THINK THEY CHARGE ABOUT 1,300 TO DO A JEEP IN ONE COLOR I WAS TOLD.SOUTHSIDE AUTO TRIM DOWN THE STREET FROM ME DOES ABOUT EVERY DEAL IN DALLAS FORT WORTH. I THINK THEY QUOTED ME ABOUT 1300 FOR ONE COLOR
Thanks. Sting Gray. I wanted to do something a little different than just black, grey or red on the inside. Turned out really well and the quality of the leather is impressive. My install was $1400 installed for the two-tone color. Single was $999, I think. I had it done at Starwood Customs here is NW Arkansas, which has it’s main shop in DFW area. Might be worth checking out but you never know if pricing is the same. I also had other work done at the same time, so maybe I got a discount.

Edit: Looks like it’s called Starwood Motors https://www.starwoodmotors.com/.
Sponsored

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Looks like you have leather on the door and arm rest, was this after market? Sorry for all the questions
No, the armrests and center console came that way. I’m not sure it’s the same as the leather package but it’s definitely leather-like composite (I mean it doesn’t feel like cheap vinyl), which many are these days.

Sponsored

trbizwiz

First Name
TOm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
I believe the process is to order the style you want to your Katzkin installer location. According to my local installer, old seat covers are removed before they apply the Katzkin. Apparently the old seat covers will have glue/ residue that makes them worthless.
false, the old seat covers come off undamaged, unless the installer is lazy and cuts a few parts that are easier to cut, than properly uninstall. the only thing I found remotely close to glued was the head rests were very stuck to the plastic baggie that goes between them and the foam. i assume they spray glue the plastic baggie, and then stick it inside the headrest cover, so it will fairly easily slide over the foam. I found spray silicon works wonders, but does take a few days to off gas. I also found that the plastic bag can be peeled out of the original head rest cover and slipped over the foam, and the new katzkin cover will slip right over all of it.

trbizwiz

First Name
TOm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
I just completed the Cardinal red Katzkin install on my Sting Gray JLU. It was a bit more than I expected. i had around 10 or 12 hours total time in the install. I was expecting closer to 4 or 5. I think with experience that shorter time frame may be possible. I had zero upholstery install experience, and I had only watched a few how to videos. Overall its just a lot of being careful not to break trim pieces, and correctly placing the hog rings. The seats average about 25 hog rings per seat, and I probably messed up 4 to 8 per seat, that I would have to redo. By messed up, I mean I missed either clamping the seat strip, or the foam strip, which should both be clamped together by the hog ring. One time, I was actually lucky enough to clamp the seat strip, the foam strip, and my forefinger. Fortunately the high tensile wire cutters I used for the old seat cover removal, were still with reach of my non bound hand. So I could cut myself free. Hey its not a project, if blood, sweat, and cheers aren't involved.
I got my katzkins free, thanks to the Jeep card, but I kinda wish I had paid for a pro to install. I casually looked for an installer locally, but I wish I had looked a little harder. If I could have gotten that done for $300, it would have been money well spent. The install came out beautifully, and i get tons of compliments.

Keycub

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon
Howdy,

Here's the first (successful) Katzkin Leather install w/ Ventilated Heated and COOLED seats!

And they said it couldn't be done..........

IMG_20190125_102032.jpg

IMG_20190125_101948.jpg

59445.jpeg

IMG_20190125_101948.jpg

59445.jpeg

59446.jpeg

59185.jpeg
Looks great! Why doesn’t Katzkin recommend Degreez in the JL? Who was your installer? Your color choice is spot on

Sponsored

Ricmcd

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2006 TJ Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrical Contractor
@Ricmcd I like your setup. What is the tire/wheels size you have? Did you put any lift on it?
Teraflex 3.5” all adjustable control arms and track bar, Nitto Trail Grapplers 37 x 12.5 x17, Fuel Anza Wheels 17 x 8

Keycub

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon
Anyone with the Katzkin leather getting heat or vented installed. Wanted to know how it’s working on the JL
Sponsored