Katzkin leather for JL Wrangler

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
You should also consider that there have been complaints with leather in the Wanglers if the leather gets wet can stretch and wrinkle. I went with cloth in my Sahara with the intent of adding leather later and will likely wear the cloth for a year or two. These are my 1st cloth seats in 20 years personally I like them. Before buying a new JL I looked at countless used JK and I was amazed at how well the cloth had held up, I say 100K wranglers with cloth that looked almost new.
Sponsored

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Anyone heard anything from the Katzkin rep about that group buy discussed earlier?
I’m in for the group buy as well , but I think the Katskin dude only came by to kill the fake news about a lifetime warranty.

Bri_BKT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Rubicon JLU 4xe; 2016 Mazda CX-5
Do you have to do the Katskin leather upgrade when your jeep is brand new before you pick it up at the dealer? I ordered my Mojito jeep with cloth and I’m thinking that Mojito stitching with a Mojito color Rubicon logo would look awesome but can I get it later? Do I have to go back to the selling dealer or can I go to any new Jeep dealer? Thank you
I am getting Katzkin installed right after the dealer receives the Rubi. There were 2 options.

1 - Order the Jeep and Katzkin leather configuration. When the Jeep arrives, they take it to the installer who installs the leather and returns the Jeep. Dealer calls me and tells me it's ready. Katzkin cost is rolled into the price of the Jeep.

Or Option 2 was to order the Jeep. When it arrives, the dealer calls to tell me it's in and I pick it up. Then I order the Katzkin and they set up a date for me to bring in the Jeep. They take it to the installer etc. Katzkin cost is paid for after the install.

I went with Option 1. So I don't have to bring it back and set up appointments etc. BTW I also went with Mojito and there are some great options and colors that you can get with the Katzkin. Took me about an hour to configure something I liked because of all the choices and configurations...and logos to stitch into the seats.

So my guess is you can do it at any time and I would hope the process would be similar to any dealership.

steele55lp

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'm a bit confused after reading through the options listed above. So I put in a order with CBS selected but the dealer never asked what color configurations or logos I wanted. The order is currently JB status but I figured there was a standard? How do I make sure I get what I want with regard to that.

Bri_BKT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm a bit confused after reading through the options listed above. So I put in a order with CBS selected but the dealer never asked what color configurations or logos I wanted. The order is currently JB status but I figured there was a standard? How do I make sure I get what I want with regard to that.
I understand your confusion. There are 2 options to purchase Katzkin leather. Option 1 is the MOPAR dealership option that can be added to your order, CBS and CBQ (see attached picture). I believe this option is just as the picture shows and not customizable (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Option 2 is to make an appointment with your dealership and sit with a rep from the parts department and configure seats with the different colors, configurations and logos option (see the Katzkin swatch I attached.

I went option 2.
MOPAR-jpg.jpg
2018SwatchCardLayout-7.jpg

Sponsored

steele55lp

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Dang I wish this was clarified. I do not like the non-customizable style at all and feel it won't work well with the Rubicon red dash. Is there any way to change this once the order is placed?

Reactions: AFD

steele55lp

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Dang I wish this was clarified. I do not like the non-customizable style at all and feel it won't work well with the Rubicon red dash. Is there any way to change this once the order is placed?
In case anyone else runs into this issue. Once you're in JB status, Jeep informed me that the interior is finished. Now I am stuck with an interior I didn't really desire while paying extra for it. Just buyer beware to make sure your dealer informs you of exactly what the CBS or CBQ code is. Mine did not.

WhiteGold

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR White
Vehicle Showcase
I opted for two tone and diamond stitch all seats front and back. $1600 + $200 for the diamond stitch. Also opted to have seat heaters installed.

AA83F763-74DC-4DB7-B2A1-E2074FEEE067.jpeg

5F26C7B9-A547-4F24-81C9-6C42C3B35F10.jpeg
Absolutely gorgeous seats!

rbgeep

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I bought my JL off the lot. I wanted leather. At the time mine was the only soft top with a lsd that I could find. Katzkin has all different kinds of leather options.
Beautiful. I much prefer this to my factory leather with “Sahara” embroidered on it.

Sponsored

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
Does anyone have any good recommendations for a good katskinz installer in the DFW area?

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Question for anyone who has aftermarket Katzkin installed (not the factory option). Is the back part of the rear seat fully covered in leather or is it just partial leather and then carpet to the bottom? Hope that makes sense. The reason I’m asking is I have cloth seats but have Katzkin on order to be installed but I just got in the MOPAR cargo cover, which requires cutting into the back side of the rear seat, so I’m trying to decide if I want to do it or not.

Bri_BKT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Question for anyone who has aftermarket Katzkin installed (not the factory option). Is the back part of the rear seat fully covered in leather or is it just partial leather and then carpet to the bottom? Hope that makes sense. The reason I’m asking is I have cloth seats but have Katzkin on order to be installed but I just got in the MOPAR cargo cover, which requires cutting into the back side of the rear seat, so I’m trying to decide if I want to do it or not.
Hi Scott, I just recently had a custom install of Katzkin to my own specifications and the only portion of the back section of the rear seat that is covered in leather is about 2 inches or so on each end as you are looking at it from the tailgate. This is from top to bottom down the sides. I can take a picture if you would like.
V/R
Brian
Sponsored