Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Wrangler392; ā€˜20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Today I ordered a fully loaded Sahara minus leather seats with the intention of getting Katzkin seats installed. I was quoted $1200 for the seats. I would like to have the dark brown leather seats since it is not being offered this year. I was looking through eBay and came across the pattern I am looking for. Are they easy to install? I thought, as per forum members that the cloth was removed prior to installing leather.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-JEEP-WRANGLER-JL-CUSTOM-KATZKIN-LEATHER-SEAT-COVERS-SAHARA-SPORT-4-DOOR/173354277385?fits=Make:Jeep&epid=2291870448&hash=item285cb85a09:g:5K0AAOSwDrVbGS47
I believe the process is to order the style you want to your Katzkin installer location. According to my local installer, old seat covers are removed before they apply the Katzkin. Apparently the old seat covers will have glue/ residue that makes them worthless.
Sponsored

SM1

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending...
Today I ordered a fully loaded Sahara minus leather seats with the intention of getting Katzkin seats installed. I was quoted $1200 for the seats. I would like to have the dark brown leather seats since it is not being offered this year. I was looking through eBay and came across the pattern I am looking for. Are they easy to install? I thought, as per forum members that the cloth was removed prior to installing leather.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-JEEP-WRANGLER-JL-CUSTOM-KATZKIN-LEATHER-SEAT-COVERS-SAHARA-SPORT-4-DOOR/173354277385?fits=Make:Jeep&epid=2291870448&hash=item285cb85a09:g:5K0AAOSwDrVbGS47
I looked into self installing on my Camaro, but opted for professional installation after watching videos. You need hog ring pliers, hog rings, and a LOT of patience. And they probably still wonā€™t come out very well. Iā€™d suggest that itā€™s $300 well spent to have it done right.

Moomoo

First Name
Ashlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 chevy traverse, 2018 wrangler unlimited JL Sahara
Ordered my JL Sahara back in the end of May. Ordered with cloth, ordered leather the same day I ordered my car. My JL should be here any day and Iā€™m now freaking out about losing my cup holder/armrest. So much so that Iā€™m debating on reordering, just to rip out leather that I already paid for to pay for it again...what?!?! Guys, anyway to get the cup holder/armrest once my Jeep is delivered?

StingGreyTwitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Hydro-Blue Polar Edition | 2018 Sting Grey Rubicon
Ordered my JL Sahara back in the end of May. Ordered with cloth, ordered leather the same day I ordered my car. My JL should be here any day and Iā€™m now freaking out about losing my cup holder/armrest. So much so that Iā€™m debating on reordering, just to rip out leather that I already paid for to pay for it again...what?!?! Guys, anyway to get the cup holder/armrest once my Jeep is delivered?
I read somewhere they are making that armrest piece as well. Unfortunately you will be double paying for leather, but the Katzkin is a much better product if that helps make it sting less.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Why would you even notice the rear seat arm rest/cup holder? Honestly, it's better to have the cup holders in the floor behind the center console.

Krazyk86cu

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Raptor SCrew, 2013 Boxster S, 2004 Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Why would you even notice the rear seat arm rest/cup holder? Honestly, it's better to have the cup holders in the floor behind the center console.
From my understanding, the floor cupholders are quite shallow, whereas the headrest cupholders are deeper and actually function properly as cupholders.

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
Jeep should just make $1,500 ultimate cupholder option and stick one is each door too.

Moomoo

First Name
Ashlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 chevy traverse, 2018 wrangler unlimited JL Sahara
The cup holders arenā€™t the same on the floor. Though, itā€™s nice because IF anything were to spill it would be on the floor/mats. In addition, itā€™s nice to have something to lean on if your going for a long drive.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
From my understanding, the floor cupholders are quite shallow, whereas the headrest cupholders are deeper and actually function properly as cupholders.
Nope, they're the same cup holders unless you get the leather, then there are useless flat pieces on the floor. My question is more of a "why are you sitting in the back seat?"

Sponsored

Road Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MangoTango, 2016 Challenger 392 Shaker Scat Pak
Hello all ...... We are a new sponsor here on the forum and I read through this discussion and wanted to add/clarify a few items.
Katzkin has a long standing partnership with Mopar and we have been supplying accessory interiors for Mopar since 2003. We have a program where you can purchase leather through your local Jeep dealership. Mopar MSRP is $1500 material and installation for most designs (Tekstitch and Tuscany are more). I saw someone mention logo usage, when buying through Mopar you are permitted to use any of the logos. (Jeep, Rubicon,Sahara, etc,etc). The Mopar leather program also allow you to pick any leather color at no additional charge, plus two-tone, contrast stitch are all included.
With regard to color selection, through our distribution channels (Mopar/Aftermarket) we have huge selection of color available. See Below
https://katzkinvrs.com/_manage_/res/marketing/2017OnlineKatzkinSwatchCard.jpg

Rear Armrest - looks as if this was already clarified. However, if you have factory leather and you want to change it out , we have the pattern to include the rear armrest. We are amazed at how many we have sold to Jeep owners changing their factory leather.

Factory Option - We are currently a factory option on the Ram 1500 Big Horn and Lone Star editions and have been since 2012. We were also a factory option on the JK. I am happy to say that starting in June we will also be a factory option on the JL 4 door, with 2 door launching shortly after. The factory option is limited to the designs chose by the Design Office at FCA. I will post up some pictures soon.

Warranty - I saw some discussion about warranty. Katzkin carries a 3 yr /36000 mile warranty that applies to all of our products. This is includes product purchased through Mopar or through one of our aftermarket vendors. I saw mention of lifetime warranty, Katzkin does not offer a lifetime warranty. However, i understand that some of our vendors/installers warranty the product themselves past the 3yr/36000 window.

Lastly, those of you thinking about purchasing a Katzkin Leather, we are looking to put together a group buy towards the middle of June for Forum members.

Hello,
Is the idea of a group buy for Forum members still being considered ?
My brother has a Punk'n Sport 2 door with cloth interior looking at upgrading to Katskin K1319-100,
I have a Punk'n 4 door Sahaha with factory leather, but I also am considering the Katskin K1319-100,

Bri_BKT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Rubicon JLU 4xe; 2016 Mazda CX-5
Hello,
Is the idea of a group buy for Forum members still being considered ?
My brother has a Punk'n Sport 2 door with cloth interior looking at upgrading to Katskin K1319-100,
I have a Punk'n 4 door Sahaha with factory leather, but I also am considering the Katskin K1319-100,
Since all we are hearing is crickets regarding the group buy question, I'm guessing there isn't one. Shame. I'll be meeting with my dealer to get the Katzkin configuration I want for my 2019 build but the group buy would have been nice.....

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Do you have to do the Katskin leather upgrade when your jeep is brand new before you pick it up at the dealer? I ordered my Mojito jeep with cloth and Iā€™m thinking that Mojito stitching with a Mojito color Rubicon logo would look awesome but can I get it later? Do I have to go back to the selling dealer or can I go to any new Jeep dealer? Thank you
Sponsored