Katzkin

First Name
Katzkin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Katzkin,

Last question from me... pretty safe assumption you can't get the cooled seats with Tekstitch due to the perforated leather???
Yes sir, you are correct. Cooled seats require perforated leather and the Tekstitch design does not support perforation.
Sponsored

Willy723

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SCREW Lariat 3.5EB, 2016 Explorer Sport, 1990 Mustang GT, 2006 HD FXDL
When replacing the cloth seat covers, should they come off undamaged to be able to pass along to someone else?

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
When replacing the cloth seat covers, should they come off undamaged to be able to pass along to someone else?
And a follow up question: can the leather be stretched right over the existing cloth?

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Wrangler392; ā€˜20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
And a follow up question: can the leather be stretched right over the existing cloth?
Went to a local Katzkin installer and the cloth seats are taken off before the leather or vinyl is applied.

Willy723

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SCREW Lariat 3.5EB, 2016 Explorer Sport, 1990 Mustang GT, 2006 HD FXDL
Well if anyone is in the market to replace their Tan Cloth Sahara seats with Katzkin, please let me know, we may want to replace our black ones if the dealer cant change our order.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Craigb

Craigb

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
These replace the factory covers. They are a higher quality cover.

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
These replace the factory covers. They are a higher quality cover.
I understand that but Iā€™ve seen a few pictures of installations with lots of wrinkles. I was wondering if leaving the original cover on would provide a tighter fit!

Willy723

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand that but Iā€™ve seen a few pictures of installations with lots of wrinkles. I was wondering if leaving the original cover on would provide a tighter fit!
That just has to do with the installer, there are ways to get the wrinkles out with different methods of applying heat and working the leather a bit.

SM1

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending...
Don't have my JL yet, but I had custom Katzkins installed in my 2016 Camaro. Total cost with premium leather was $1200ish and I used an excellent installer in the suburban Philly area. PM for details if interested.

As far as the wrinkled look, this is a byproduct of the installation process. The seats tighten up very nicely over the couple weeks after install, and as I understand, most installers are happy to do a little touch-up work to smooth things out afterwards if they don't look great after a few weeks.

Sponsored

pickles61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL - Firecracker Red
Lastly, those of you thinking about purchasing a Katzkin Leather, we are looking to put together a group buy towards the middle of June for Forum members.
I was going to start looking at Katzkin leather but if you are putting a group buy together I will wait. Will we be able to custom order the leather we want with a group buy and who would install it, an authorized dealer?

Yellow109r

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLUR, Bright White
Occupation
Aircraft Industrial Engineer for the DoD
Vehicle Showcase
Im interested in a group buy as well. Have the same question on installs, since we are all from different locations

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
I would be in as well.

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
Occupation
Application engineer
I just had mine done last week. We had some issues with them putting rubicon on the headrest. Apparently itā€™s a copyright issue and they have to mail it to mopar and they do the stitching. It looks different from factory but Iā€™m done complaining to the dealership. Iā€™m not super happy with the install, it just doesnā€™t seem tight enough compared to factory. The upper panels on the outside seem loose. I did get it for free but Iā€™d rather have factory leather.
Sponsored