Katzkin leather for JL Wrangler

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
There is a company south side trim they do just about ALL the dealers in all of the Dallas ft worth area on all makes. i had the Katzkin in my truck and suburban and it is very nice but i think its so nice its thinner then the factory leather. the factory leather i think will hold up longer and not tear as easy, but i do think the Katzkin is nicer
Sponsored

OP
OP
Craigb

Craigb

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
There is a company south side trim they do just about ALL the dealers in all of the Dallas ft worth area on all makes. i had the Katzkin in my truck and suburban and it is very nice but i think its so nice its thinner then the factory leather. the factory leather i think will hold up longer and not tear as easy, but i do think the Katzkin is nicer
Most of the factory leather I have seen or installed in the last decade has been bonded leather. I prefer the katzkin plus I have a lifetime warranty.

Katzkin

First Name
Katzkin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Hello all ...... We are a new sponsor here on the forum and I read through this discussion and wanted to add/clarify a few items.
Katzkin has a long standing partnership with Mopar and we have been supplying accessory interiors for Mopar since 2003. We have a program where you can purchase leather through your local Jeep dealership. Mopar MSRP is $1500 material and installation for most designs (Tekstitch and Tuscany are more). I saw someone mention logo usage, when buying through Mopar you are permitted to use any of the logos. (Jeep, Rubicon,Sahara, etc,etc). The Mopar leather program also allow you to pick any leather color at no additional charge, plus two-tone, contrast stitch are all included.
With regard to color selection, through our distribution channels (Mopar/Aftermarket) we have huge selection of color available. See Below
https://katzkinvrs.com/_manage_/res/marketing/2017OnlineKatzkinSwatchCard.jpg

Rear Armrest - looks as if this was already clarified. However, if you have factory leather and you want to change it out , we have the pattern to include the rear armrest. We are amazed at how many we have sold to Jeep owners changing their factory leather.

Factory Option - We are currently a factory option on the Ram 1500 Big Horn and Lone Star editions and have been since 2012. We were also a factory option on the JK. I am happy to say that starting in June we will also be a factory option on the JL 4 door, with 2 door launching shortly after. The factory option is limited to the designs chose by the Design Office at FCA. I will post up some pictures soon.

Warranty - I saw some discussion about warranty. Katzkin carries a 3 yr /36000 mile warranty that applies to all of our products. This is includes product purchased through Mopar or through one of our aftermarket vendors. I saw mention of lifetime warranty, Katzkin does not offer a lifetime warranty. However, i understand that some of our vendors/installers warranty the product themselves past the 3yr/36000 window.

Lastly, those of you thinking about purchasing a Katzkin Leather, we are looking to put together a group buy towards the middle of June for Forum members.

Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 FJ (+about $30k)/14 4runner on 6112s n Icons (looking at JLURs)
Are you going to offer seat cooling on the JL and if so where can I find more info on how it works? Also how it limits choices etc...

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@Katzkin please offer seat cooling.
Also for clarification are you saying it's only 1500$ more at Mopar to get your leather? So same as the factory leather?

Last edited:

Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
@Katzkin please offer seat cooling.
Also for clarification are you saying it's only 1500$ more at Mopar to get your leather? So same as the factory leather?
You can get Katzkin aftermarket for less than the $1,500.00 factory option. A member here had done it and posted about it.

With that being said you should understand without the factory leather option you will also not get the rear seat arm rest with cup holders or the gap hider for when the rear seat is folded down.

You can also spend a little more with going Katzkin aftermarket by building a custom seat that will really make the inside of your Jeep pop! This is what I am going to be doing.

Katzkin

First Name
Katzkin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
QUOTE="Zeus, post: 194348, member: 13868"]Are you going to offer seat cooling on the JL and if so where can I find more info on how it works? Also how it limits choices etc...[/QUOTE]
We are working on Cooled Seats for the JL. We will post an update when they are available. https://katzkinvrs.com/_manage_/res/marketing/DegreezCutAwaySheet_Cropped.pdf

Yes, once available there are some design limitations when also adding cooled seats. Insert must be perforated.

jtp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S unlimited
If your in the Pittsburgh area Teamnutz in the Pittsburgh, PA does Katzkin leather for $1099 installed not including tax. I just had my Jeep done in black leather. Any color for the same price. teamnutztechnology.com

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
Lastly, those of you thinking about purchasing a Katzkin Leather, we are looking to put together a group buy towards the middle of June for Forum members.
Following

Reactions: EAE

Sponsored

Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Katzkin,

Last question from me... pretty safe assumption you can't get the cooled seats with Tekstitch due to the perforated leather???

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
I’m a huge fan of ventilated seats, I have them in another car. I’m curious why Jeep didn’t offer them...do you think there is a reliability issue when the Jeep gets put through offroading/topless stress testing?

Simulacra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R UL
I’m a huge fan of ventilated seats, I have them in another car. I’m curious why Jeep didn’t offer them...do you think there is a reliability issue when the Jeep gets put through offroading/topless stress testing?
Me too. Butts need to breathe too. Honestly I think it's because nobody is going to hold out on buying one because it doesn't have ventilated seats. Maybe they will include it in a couple of years.

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Me too. Butts need to breathe too. Honestly I think it's because nobody is going to hold out on buying one because it doesn't have ventilated seats. Maybe they will include it in a couple of years.
I bet cooled/ventilated/ac seats/gel/etc. or whatever will be on the revamp. IMO a wrangler needs it more than any other vehicle out there. I too have ventilated seats on another vehicle with a glass pano roof and me and my wife love them. We are in N.TX.

Last edited:

Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in Central Texas and I found today sweltering enough... and we still have good 15 or so degrees to go with an additional 40% humidity :(

Vented seats go a long way WITH closed cab and AC much less without.
Sponsored