TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
I just finished the leather install in my wife's JLU 80th and I have to say this was by far the worst one i've ever done. The seat design on the JL Is freakin terrible. One small positive is the headrests...by far the easiest headrests i've ever re-upholstered...usually headrests are a freakin nightmare.

For the airbag - I removed the nuts on the back side of the seat, pulled the airbag out of it's cavity as far as I could get it, then carefully unsleeved it (the studs kept getting caught up in the sleeve). It's not too bad if you just take your time...but if you are re-upholstering the whole interior like I did you'll probably be pretty frustrated by the time you get to the airbags.

The best advice I can give is leave at least two days for the project so that you don't have to try to rush. I actually took three - one for the driver's seat, then one for the passenger seat and rear seat bases, then one for the rear seat backs and misc loose-end-tying-up.

Oh and I don't think there are any how-to's on the JL leather install as of yet. I was unable to find any. You can watch the JK ones but they aren't much help because the JL is very different.
Sponsored

Bndrpa1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU 80th
Did the group buy ever go down? Can anyone recommend an installer in eastern pa or northern NJ?

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Chickened out and just went with the stock Rubicon style (without embroidery). Really good experience with Katzkin from start to finish. They had mine in stock and their nearest upholstery shop to me did a good job on the install.

Jeep Wrangler JL Katzkin leather for JL Wrangler 6C74B9BF-31FD-4857-B4AF-48A3872AEE03

jurassic3k

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Kia Telluride SX AWD
Just had Katzkins installed on my Willys.... not sure what I think about it yet. Hope it tightens up
20210928_182039.jpg
20210928_182049.jpg
20210928_182109.jpg

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
Just had Katzkins installed on my Willys.... not sure what I think about it yet. Hope it tightens up
That will be fine. It will take awhile though. If you can, keep it in the heat as much as possible. Park it outside in the sun with the windows closed. That will speed the process. I did mine in December and it improved a bit after the first week...but it took until May to really tighten up. A week in the warm sun did the trick. It now looks factory.

Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
A heat gun will work too but you have to be very careful.

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

I can't read this whole thread but If I opt for the heated and cooled seats will I lose the heated steering wheel?

I don't see why I would but scanning the thread I seen some people saying they did. I don't understand why.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I can't read this whole thread but If I opt for the heated and cooled seats will I lose the heated steering wheel?

I don't see why I would but scanning the thread I seen some people saying they did. I don't understand why.
No, I don't believe so... maybe the cooled option does something? Your best bet is to call a rep.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

I don’t see why, by going with the katzkin heating and cooling system it comes with its own buttons you have to wire up. That is separate from the steering wheel button.

Wolley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
Has anyone gotten a Katzkin for a 2019 2dr JL Sport Wrangler? How do they fit? Any photos of the back seat?
Sponsored