Sponsored

Just so you know... Tazer issue in updating your Jeep data to Uconnect.

Tjbrlecic1

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
Interesting, my wife mentioned she wasn’t getting vehicle updates through the app. I asked if was important that the Jeep sent her status updates. The answer was no and the problem was solved. I may fool around with the Tazer and see what happens when it is unmarried and unplugged. Or maybe not.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MacJack

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
You guys made my point.... you can unmarry or not, plug in or not... the database are not talking to Uconnect or Mopar.com... Hope Joe is reading this post for his insight.

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
Hmm, never thought about the correlation as I installed my Taser Mini the same day I brought my Jeep home from the dealership. I was always frustrated with the lack of updates and that was in fact the primary reason I chose not to continue the Guardian service. I think it updated maybe twice in 10K miles, which now that I think about it, may have been how many times I drove my Jeep with the Tazer unmarried. Oops, my bad... lol

OP
OP
MacJack

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm, never thought about the correlation as I installed my Taser Mini the same day I brought my Jeep home from the dealership. I was always frustrated with the lack of updates and that was in fact the primary reason I chose not to continue the Guardian service. I think it updated maybe twice in 10K miles, which now that I think about it, may have been how many times I drove my Jeep with the Tazer unmarried. Oops, my bad... lol
So let's go deep... all the time you where unmarried, did you for a reboot?

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
So let's go deep... all the time you where unmarried, did you for a reboot?
Sorry, not understanding the question. The two times I unmarried it were for my first two service appointments at the dealership. After that, I got lazy and just started leaving it in place. I have done a full reboot on the Tazer many times due to firmware updates, changing settings, and whatnot. If you're asking about a reboot of the UConnect system, I'm not even sure how to do that...

On an interesting side note, I just checked my UConnect app to see if it would let me log in. It says my access has expired, but appears to have updated mileage one more time now. Strangely though, it is about 3 weeks (400 miles) after my last trip to the dealer. Could be the last time I updated Tazer firmware, but I'm not sure. I know for certain though that I have not reconnected the security gateway in at least 8 months, so this last mileage update bypassed that connection somehow.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MacJack

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, not understanding the question. The two times I unmarried it were for my first two service appointments at the dealership. After that, I got lazy and just started leaving it in place. I have done a full reboot on the Tazer many times due to firmware updates, changing settings, and whatnot. If you're asking about a reboot of the UConnect system, I'm not even sure how to do that...

On an interesting side note, I just checked my UConnect app to see if it would let me log in. It says my access has expired, but appears to have updated mileage one more time now. Strangely though, it is about 3 weeks (400 miles) after my last trip to the dealer. Could be the last time I updated Tazer firmware, but I'm not sure. I know for certain though that I have not reconnected the security gateway in at least 8 months, so this last mileage update bypassed that connection somehow.
Thanks for your reply... From memory, if you unmarry Tazer it will automatically reboot. Your story is much like mine.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
There is definitely something to this. I have an original two piece Tazer. I never get updates, and don’t care because they’re useless; the same data is available in real time right on the dash. That said, I unmarried and unplugged this morning to get V41 recall done. Phone alerted me to update within minutes of doing that.

gsxr310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
To those that unmarried and unpluuged the Tazer Mini, did you also plug the (2) SGW connectors back?

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
No, I have never plugged back into the SGW..

RV Wrench

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Cherokee, 93 Wrangler, 19 Wrangler
Update to my previous post:

I have made zero changes to the Tazer Mini since I updated it about a month ago. I had zero updates from Uconnect until 4 days ago when everything updated (and my 4psi of tire pressure made Uconnect send me a warning email). It now still reads the same info it had 4 days ago. So, one update in about a month with no changes to the system and the Mini has been installed the whole time.

RV Wrench

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Cherokee, 93 Wrangler, 19 Wrangler
Another update:

I went wheelin' again last weekend. Once again, the super low air pressure triggered the Jeep to update all Uconnect info.

It seems that Uconnect itself cant retrieve the data when you prompt it to, but the Jeep will prompt an update to Uconnect when there is a problem.
Sponsored