Sponsored

Just seeing if anyone is near me. Northern NJ ?

MrBear

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
Way back (probably 20-25 years ago) a group of guys I used to hang out with at the local Dunkin' would go wheeling up in that area. They had Jeeps and full-size Chevy trucks. It doesn't seem "legal" but also doesn't seem like you're going to get hassled if you're up there. I don't know anyone that's been up there recently though to verify, and it looks like a place you'd probably want to go with someone who's been there before and knows what trails are friendly for stock or seriously modded Jeeps.
Oh yes....I do not recall "Stag Hill" from back in the day (25+ years ago). BUT lots of friends and I used to go off RT-23 into what we called the water shed trails which took us to beaver dam and the rock.

I wish I still had my 80's CJ-7 lifted on 33s. Several buddies with full-size Blazers on 35s with worked 350s under the hood, plus one CJ-5 that was a tank.

I remember this tree we called the "Blazer Tree" going up to Beaver Dam, no matter the approach dented the passenger side quarter panel of all blazers.

Lol, it was RT-23 north up to the center gas station in New Foundland/Oak Ridge area. We entered off the SB side and ran along a fence line into the water shed trails. Fun area, wide, large puddles.

I couldn't tell you were we went from there but off the WS trails was not for the beginners. We were 17 years old and fearless haha.

I am looking at the map to see where we entered and will post.

I really felt like we entered around Echo Lake Rd but it doesn't seam to connect plus I am old. Now I am feeling like it is off Holland Mountain Rd on to the fire roads/trails. I do recall one to electrical high wire areas.

It is also possible they built housing developments blocking the Echo Lake entry. If you check it out get in quick lol. I am sure its not allowed but I am sure you hear ATV all day.

Jeep Wrangler JL Just seeing if anyone is near me. Northern NJ ? rt23 4x4
Sponsored

MrBear

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
Almost forgot to mention, the wife and I picked up tickets to the NJ Jeep Invasion in Wildwood, July 15th - 17, 2022. I got a feeling it is going to be big this year....found this one video.

Lol I better have my 392XR by then :headbang:

Kolkebeck

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Have you guys looked at a place up by you called "Stag Hill"? I just saw a few videos on Youtube. Seems like fun.
There are some groups that run the trials quite often, however, at the entrance from Skyline Drive there are several signs stating it is illegal. The entrance is a bit of a pain to quickly navigate thru. You won't get harassed and there are many trails.

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Next NJ Jeep Association Meeting

MARCH 19, 11AM MEETING AT

TOMMY'S INN AT MILLSTONE
560 MONMOUTH RD.
MILLSTONE, NJ 08510

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone from NJ going? They will have an Offroad 101 and trail ride afterwards. I joined NJJA at the beginning of the year. What I can tell so far is that they try to cater to every Jeeper here in NJ/PA. They are very stock Jeep friendly and they participate in many community events. They have members that are into overlanding too. They have a few heavily modified jeep members that will post harder trail rides (harder Blues and blacks) at AOAA and Rausch on their forum. I believe NJJA had planned a trip out West before too. I haven't seen any angry grills yet, but I'm sure they're out there for the show and shines. LOL
Sponsored