Sponsored

Just saw my first Jeep 4xe

FrostySerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Ram 2500 Mega-Cab LongHorn Cummins
My only thought while reading comments about the 4xe warranty ... it won’t do you any good if it’s at the dealership all the time lol

B631DEC2-0D81-4839-B960-B8179D3E9625.jpeg
Sponsored

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
Lol. Never heard of that but sounds like a real thing. Curious though, in what usage is that derogatory? I can see having that on an electric vehicle if you aren’t sure you have infrastructure to charge etc.
I experienced range anxiety driving my 2013 Sahara back from seeing my dad in Nevada on 70 east headed toward Denver. Wasn't sure I was going to make it before hitting empty. Seemed to be a loong stretch with no gas stations.

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Lol. Never heard of that but sounds like a real thing. Curious though, in what usage is that derogatory? I can see having that on an electric vehicle if you aren’t sure you have infrastructure to charge etc.
Yes it’s a term pro-EV people use to belittle people who criticize the lack of range in electric vehicles.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Whilst I agree with that I haven’t seen any name calling in here aside from me saying that I inadvertently “tossed poop” calling it a Jeep Prius thus saying I was the poop tossing monkey and don’t think that qualifies as name calling. Lol.
i do agree though that we should all be above that despite the fact that we are all gluttons for punishment simply by owning a Jeep.
There was some indirect name calling going on early. Not by you. But somebody called folks dumbasses. I never understand why fellow Jeepers go after each other with unbridled aggression. Probably guys that haven't suffered an ass-whoopin lately.

GT2529

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 4xe Rubicon
100% of leases will qualify for the tax credit. The bank claims the credit and passes it down to the the consumer with $7,500 off the purchase price. So even if you don't make enough money per year to owe $7,500 in taxes, you can take advantage of it through a lease.

My 11 reasons for getting the Rubicon 4xe:
1.) Better overall MPG when charging regularly, as the short trips in all electric add up to better lifetime MPG.
2.) Easy to zip around town with instant torque. Easy to go up hills with instant torque (there are some steep city streets in Los Angeles). Easy to accelerate on the freeway with all that instant torque and H.P.
3.) Don't have to cough up exhaust fumes when getting out of the car while it's running. Clear air is wonderful.
4.) You can drive silently when you want to. Into a campsite at night, or a driveway at night and not disturb anyone sleeping. Silent off-roading, listening to nature.
5.) Regen braking - to be able to capture energy is great. Every vehicle should have it.
6.) Gives you options. Low on gas? No problem, just charge at home and you can get to the gas station. Low on gas and electricity? Drive down a hill in Max regen mode and generate enough to get you a little further.
7.) Cheaper with the $9k in credits and rebates.
8.) The greenest Jeep to date - however, I can't claim it's totally green becasue it's still using lots of gasoline. With more city driving on all electric, more zero emission driving and less smog for the city. Clean Air is wonderful.
9.) You can charge at home, off of solar and not be dependent on the grid or gas stations to get around town.
10.) Better off-roading, being able to do 4-Low in all electric with instant torque. One pedal driving in max regen mode, while off-road.
11.) Can run stuff off the battery by plugging it into the 110 outlet, while camping, without the engine running.

Last edited:

Sponsored

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
So this scientifically viable cartoon makes your point?
The facts are no matter how the electricity is generated, electric vehicles produce NET lower emissions than ICE vehicles, and if any percentage of the electricity is generated from renewable resources, the benefits increase.
People worry about the batteries, but they are nearly 100% recyclable, and the rare earth metals that are needed for the production of the batteries are being eliminated through research and development, which would never happen without early adaptation of the tech.
Add to that the potential of zero mass, or structural batteries, which essentially combine carbon fiber load bearing with lithium ion capacity, and the future is bright and sustainable for EVs.
Anyone in reactionary denial of this is, indeed, a dumb ass. Sorry I don't have a cartoon to back that up.
Please provide your science please and not something you read from a liberal slanted social media post. Where are we seeing that these batteries are "nearly all" recyclable? Where are we seeing the demolition and destruction of these used batteries are going to be net zero? Where are we going to get all this "Green" energy to power all these EV's at a net zero? Folks that follow the herd, indeed, a dumb ass.

Sure do I believe the world is going to continue to develop EV tech, sure. I surely am not drinking the kool-aid thinking this is going to save the world and our climate.
LOL! Exactly! Jeep built that vehicle for the dumb ass that think they’re saving the environment by driving it.
This sums up my second post in this thread. How information regarding electric vehicles is so ridiculous that only some get, I get but am starting to lose breath with this. To those who like them for what they offer; tip my hat to you. But those with the mind set like four immediate family members of mine who were gen one Prius owners and pro electric ever since. I've come to realize they've jumped on a band wagon and are will to defend it to the end. From how their vehicle don't have the same emissions, where do they think the majority of their electricity comes from? It's from electricity that was just randomly generated free electricity? No such thing. How the batteries are recyclable? That alone is one of the biggest jokes I've heard of. I recycle, even pay more to; but I'm away where it goes, and most if it is to the same spot my trash is going. Which is better than energy used to ship most of our recycle to other countries where it then gets thrown in landfills. So the fact that they are recyclable is another joke. Carbon footprint? My carbon footprint will be trumped from the toxic waste from a battery powered vehicle. I don't want to get into the human made disasters that come from the carbon free electricity from windmills, dams, and solar panels. But I guess if you can't see the damage your doing it never happened right?

I will this end this once again that I get that electric vehicles are going to be here to stay and more power to those who like them from what they are. But this whole "GREEN" thing is bull shit, bull shit, bull shit. But I guess
Jeep Wrangler JL Just saw my first Jeep 4xe 1617569047195

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
Well, his science doesn't work out. He's factoring in losses for cold on a battery pack that has it's own heating and cooling system and sits inside the same environment as the passengers. He's not factoring losses for the diesel on a cold start. He also doesn't understand that the torque is flat during the whole charge cycle. Just because the battery charge is dropping doesn't mean torque is dropping. With regen braking and a 4:1 transfer case, you can get 25 miles before the battery is depleted. I know everyone on here thinks they're a tough guy, but none of us are macho enough to do a 25 mile rock crawling trip in one day.
I haven't studied the science but I'd be suspect of the battery's own heating/cooling system with respect to keeping it at peak operating temperature. Similarly the cold start on the diesel is a problem that disappears rather quickly. But I suppose for that once in a lifetime where you have to start it and have maximum torque in the first minute before the zombies get you, well, you've got him there.

To your point there probably isn't any sort of restriction imposted on a low battery state given that it's a hybrid and not pure electric.

digimark

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 MT JK 2-dr X, Nacho JLUR 4xe.
If the battery completely fails after a while, isn't there still a 2L turbo engine under the hood somewhere? Seems like all the worry about when the battery quits seems misplaced.

Roverhi

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Series 2 88
Clubs

Im pretty sure he was comparing it to the 2.0L - and the 4Xe has a huge torque and power gain over that engine.

Isn’t the diesel like a $5K premium over the 2.0L?

if you’re buying the 2.0L then it’s a no brainer to get the hybrid that, with the $7,500 tax rebate, ends up costing less than the 2.0L. And a ton less than that diesel optioned rubi.

notice - no mention of tree hugging in that equation?
The diesel is a $4500 dollar additional cost. Some people throw in the $1500 auto transmission to jack up the perceived cost but almost everyone would be paying for an automatic whether gas, diesel or hybrid. A big added bonus of the diesel, at least in the 2020 model year Sport and Sahara models, is you get Dana 44 axles front and rear plus LSD in the rear included in the $4000 engine upgrade. That makes the diesel upgrade a lot more bearable. The downer is you don't get the $7500 tax rebate that comes with the 4xE.

Sponsored

Roverhi

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Series 2 88
Clubs

If the battery completely fails after a while, isn't there still a 2L turbo engine under the hood somewhere? Seems like all the worry about when the battery quits seems misplaced.
So 10 years down the line when the battery dies you just recycle the battery, punch the eSave button and the 4xE becomes just another 2.0 Rubicon????.

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
The diesel is a $4500 dollar additional cost. Some people throw in the $1500 auto transmission to jack up the perceived cost but almost everyone would be paying for an automatic whether gas, diesel or hybrid. A big added bonus of the diesel, at least in the 2020 model year Sport and Sahara models, is you get Dana 44 axles front and rear plus LSD in the rear included in the $4000 engine upgrade. That makes the diesel upgrade a lot more bearable. The downer is you don't get the $7500 tax rebate that comes with the 4xE.
The 4xe comes standard with wide axle D44's front and rear. At least the Rubi and Sahara out so far. Just sayin'.

99ls1tj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK 2019 Ram 2500
Very good points. We are in the camp (just preference as sometimes we would t realize the small income additions each month) that we over pay our taxes and then get a big refund at the end of the year with child credits and such. While not really a bonus as it is actually our money, it is nice to get a lump sum that we didn’t really need during the year to do whatever we end doing with it. I have never looked into the realities of the tax credits with hybrids but I thank you for schooling me a bit. Useful knowledge is always appreciated.
Wow