TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Just answered this in another section...

On Rubicons, if you get the black seats, you get the red dash. If you get the tan seats, you get the gray dash.

The exception are Mojito, Punkin and Hella....they all have the gray dash regardless of seat color. Guess Jeep decided red would clash with the exterior colors.
So THAT'S why I didn't get a red dash... thanks!
Sponsored

DezertTitan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Railroader
Vehicle Showcase
Just answered this in another section...

On Rubicons, if you get the black seats, you get the red dash. If you get the tan seats, you get the gray dash.

The exception are Mojito, Punkin and Hella....they all have the gray dash regardless of seat color. Guess Jeep decided red would clash with the exterior colors.

Sounds like a good guess to me. Looked at some "Punkin" Rubicons on the lot & the red trim doesn't look good at all. Totally killed the color for me. Then again, I'm probably one of the few who doesn't like Mojito either. I'll admitt, it looks GREAT in pictures. All dark green with the metallic flakes... I was really looking forward to seeing it in person. Then I did. Its bright friggen lime. Does Jeep have a secret partnership with RYOBI? lol

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L
I think the proper terminology would be JL Unlimited Rubicon (JLUR) not JL Rubicon Unlimited (JLRU). But, whatever you call it, enjoy it - it looks great!

cwadle

First Name
cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The Jeep really does look great! Kinda of jealous, still waiting for mine!
Does the new camera box behind the rear-view mirror happen to bother you??

Sponsored

Horsepower777

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mazda 3 sedan. i want a JLUR
I am being told that the V6 only can be ordered with manual. The only way to get automatic transmission is with the turboTorque. Is this accurate?

OP
OP

CharlieS3

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
The steering is fine. I've noticed nothing untoward.

Charlie

Triplethreat4597

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order 09/25: 2019 JLUR, 6speed
Occupation
Human Resources
I am being told that the V6 only can be ordered with manual. The only way to get automatic transmission is with the turboTorque. Is this accurate?
You can get the automatic with the 2.0 turbo or the 3.6. However, you can only get the manual with the 3.6

elcue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara/Wrangler
Looks great! I too went with all white exterior. Mine has been shipped says about 10 days to dealership. I went with the black interior and red dash though. I liked the red dash with the white exterior. Congrats again.

mrbaron

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLU Rubicon
Many thanks for the update. I am working with a local dealership on a 2019 Mojito JLUR, and could be driving it by Christmas!

Sponsored

Steevr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 F-150 Platinum
You can get the automatic with the 2.0 turbo or the 3.6. However, you can only get the manual with the 3.6
We just ordered JLUR yesterday with the 24R package which is the 3.6 ESS with the 8-speed auto. Right now, dealers can only order this if it's for a customer (sold) order. Dealers can only order the 2.0 turbo for their own stock is what I've been hearing.

The only restriction on our 3.6/Auto order was the painted hard top.

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Not accurate. I just ordered a 3.6+auto on Saturday with no issues. I have heard that dealers cannot order stock vehicles with the 3.6, but sold orders there is no problem.

djmason9

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bitcowsStickers.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4 door Rubi, 2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia
Vehicle Showcase
So THAT'S why I didn't get a red dash... thanks!
I got tan interior too with a white jeep and i ordered the red dash for it. So I'll post pics of it when i install it. I did a photo shop mock up of it. I think it will look great.

Screen Shot 2018-12-01 at 4.33.06 PM.png

DezertTitan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Railroader
Vehicle Showcase
I got tan interior too with a white jeep and i ordered the red dash for it. So I'll post pics of it when i install it. I did a photo shop mock up of it. I think it will look great.

Screen Shot 2018-12-01 at 4.33.06 PM.png
I wasn't a fan of the tan seats, so I will be ordering black leather - However that looks real good! Maybe they made a mistake shipping the grey dash as default with the tan seats! Cruious - How'd you get it ordered with a red dash but tan seats? Are those factory leather, or the MOPAR/Katskinz leather?

Tex117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Unlimited Sport S (Sold); 2019 JLUR
I wish we were able to choose the dash color with whatever color of seats we chose.....

Would have liked that grey dash with black leather with the tan/white stitching instead of the red. But oh well.
Sponsored