Just Received my 2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited

CharlieS3

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I placed my order on the first day of ordering, Sept 12 I think it was or thereabouts. Fully loaded Rubicon Unlimited with most options. It showed up at the dealer yesterday and I picked it up today. Still too new to have any real ideas. My previous Jeep was a 2014 Rubicon Unlimited that unfortunately got totaled when I hit a buffalo (yes, really).

I love the hood. The tires look like 35 x 12.5, but I know they are really a bit smaller. The chassis sits higher and it looks like 35's will fit without any further mods. Much wider than my old rubicon tires. I was truly hoping that the uConnect system would be better, and so far it seems far better. Much better resolution. The UConnect system still can't recognize names (Call Joe Smith, "Would you like to call Henry Houseman"), however if you hold the button Siri connects and she knows what she is doing (Thanks Apple). I like all the control interfaces. I also like that you can enter a destination without having to stop.

I also have all of the safety stuff. I still haven't figured out exactly how the cruise control works. I pulled out from behind a truck while in adaptive cruise and it just shut off the cruise control. Maybe I touched the brake. I also am not sure if the front end alert just alerts or actually applies the brakes. The blind spot alerts work great. In the Uconnect setup, it implies that it autobrakes, but everything I've read says it doesn't. Lots of setup options for all of the controls.

I did get the turbo 2 liter. Plenty of power, very responsive. This is my potentially biggest regret, since its a gen 1 engine and unproven. You don't even notice it stopping at a light (the engine cuts off) and it comes on instantly as soon as you lift off the brake. I elected to get the 7 year 100K extended warranty, mainly because of the engine. I do plan to keep this that long, if not more.

Much easier process to remove the freedom tops. I like that the rear headrests auto fold down and out of the way when dropping the rear seatbacks. Seats are very comfortable with plenty of room, even for a big guy (6'3", 270). Not a lot of headroom, but I'm also not in danger of hitting my head on the overhead roll bar, which I had heard could be a problem. Even with the seat all the way back, its not an issue.

So far, Happy!

Charlie
Sponsored

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Congrats and enjoy your your Jeep! :clap:

ETA: Oh, keep a watchful eye for buffalo!

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats!!! :party:
We need pics!!!!

cns721

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WJ, '13 JKU, '18 WK2, '19 JLU, '22 WL74
Occupation
Software Engineer
Congrats! Do you know when your Jeep went into KZ status? Mine just went KZ today and will be shipped to MD. Seeing that you're in VA, I would assume the shipping time frame would be somewhat similar.

Sponsored

OP
OP

CharlieS3

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, I don't know when it went into KZ. Here are some pics. I included one of the setup screen for the forward collision warning. It clearly lists active braking as an option. Notice the clearance over the wheels. This thing sits at least 2" higher than my old 2014 Rubicon.

Options
Rubicon Unlimited with Freedom Top
Cold Weather Package
Tow Package
Infotainment System
LED lighting
Heritage Tan Leather Interior
2.0 Liter Turbo with Auto Trans
Safety Group
Advanced Safety Group
Remote Proximity Keyless Entry

Charlie

IMG_0550.JPG

IMG_0552.JPG

IMG_0554.JPG

IMG_0558.JPG

IMG_0560.JPG

IMG_0561.JPG

IMG_0565.JPG

IMG_0577.JPG

IMG_0581.JPG

IMG_0583.JPG

IMG_0585.JPG

IMG_0589.JPG

IMG_0593.JPG

IMG_0596.JPG

IMG_0602.JPG

IMG_0610.JPG

IMG_0668.JPG

IMG_0672.JPG

IMG_0674.JPG

OP
OP

CharlieS3

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK, I through in a pic of my Helo just for fun.

zamboniman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
No red dash on the white? Or is it gone completely for 19?

Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Congrats. So it does do active braking?
That was very unclear when the ordering opened up. Glad that it has it.

OP
OP

CharlieS3

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, here are your pics. I did not find any sensors on the front bumper, just the one behind the rearview mirror inside. The rear bumper definitely has 4 sensors for the parksense option. As for active braking, the setup clearly shows it as a setting option. Unfortunately, so far, that 2019 owners manual is still not available and the 2018 doesn't say anything about it. I'm not willing to roll up fast behind another car to see if/how it works!

Charlie

IMG_0690.JPG

IMG_0692.JPG

IMG_0696.JPG

IMG_0699.JPG

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Ok, here are your pics. I did not find any sensors on the front bumper, just the one behind the rearview mirror inside. The rear bumper definitely has 4 sensors for the parksense option. As for active braking, the setup clearly shows it as a setting option. Unfortunately, so far, that 2019 owners manual is still not available and the 2018 doesn't say anything about it. I'm not willing to roll up fast behind another car to see if/how it works!

Charlie

IMG_0699.JPG
Thanks, very helpful!

It looks like the sensor is stuck to the windshield. How does that work with a windshield that folds down? Maybe a pic what it looks like from inside?

Steevr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 F-150 Platinum
Correct. Also, I’m pretty sure Mojito and maybe another exterior color deletes it as well.
Just answered this in another section...

On Rubicons, if you get the black seats, you get the red dash. If you get the tan seats, you get the gray dash.

The exception are Mojito, Punkin and Hella....they all have the gray dash regardless of seat color. Guess Jeep decided red would clash with the exterior colors.
Sponsored