Sponsored

Just put a deposit on the longest named jeep ever.

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Welcome back, add the color in front of wrangler and you'll run out of breathe saying it :)

Didn't like the Gladiator ?? found that you weren't using the box ? missed the ''interior'' cargo space ?? missed the waves :)

Bug Splats

First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 JLUR XR, ā€˜17 4Runner
I also have a JLURXR awaiting delivery.

I almost ordered a JT. What was it about the Gladiator that didnā€™t do it for you?

OP
OP

Enis

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
I like having a suv, my gladiator was a diesel and to many little problems and my dealership know nothing about them. Also where im at diesel has increased t0 54C a litre over gas its insane

Sponsored

BigFeet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr
I also have a JLURXR...
Keep it over at motomadness.com, please.

If I didn't know any better I would be asking you what type of racing do you do, and is it bigger than 500cc.

It is really cool that Jeep offers so much selection on options and packages. They know the torture and excitement they put us through with the selection process.

Also, don't worry guys, I won't let anybody know of your acronym fetish.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Welcome back, add the color in front of wrangler and you'll run out of breathe saying it :)

Didn't like the Gladiator ?? found that you weren't using the box ? missed the ''interior'' cargo space ?? missed the waves :)
I had a Gladiator Rubicon as a rental for a few weeks after the 21 was killed. I had just as many waves in it, then I did my JLRā€¦ My two complaints for the Gladiator was it felt underpowered and had huge blind spots in the back with the hardtop.

However, I would still buy one if I needed a general purpose truck and/or four doors.

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 4xe Rubicon (Earl Gray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Canada gas/diesel prices are so scary to the point that I am willing to put money down for the eventual Jeep Recon waitlist.. :(

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
Welcome back, you are going to enjoy your JLURXR. I also had tried a Gladiator, but a Mojave in my case. I thought it might work as both a Jeep and a truck. It ended up being like a dual sport motorcycle that can legally be ridden on the highway, and can also be ridden on the dirt, but doesn't do either one very well. The Gladiator wasn't as good as a Jeep, and couldn't do what a truck does very well either. The thing that I disliked the most with the Gladiator though was a lack of power. And since Jeep wasn't putting the 392 in a Gladiator I went back to a Wrangler and bought a JLURXR392. I'm super happy with it, best Jeep ever made in my opinion.

Last edited:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I like the looks of Gladiator. I test drove a Rubicon a couple months back: it drove like a Wrangler, but the rear suspension had a ā€œbounceā€ I didnā€™t care for.

This afternoon I saw an Overland in Snazzberry: it looked sharp!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Enis

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
Canada gas/diesel prices are so scary to the point that I am willing to put money down for the eventual Jeep Recon waitlist.. :(
Yup, since owning the gladiator prices of diesel went from 20c more a liter then gas to 58c more a litre where I live today. I didnā€™t buy a diesel because of the savings, for the torque and it has that in spades. The cost of ownership is high very high. I wouldnā€™t want to own one out of warranty

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
šŸ¤” So this means that I have a
JLSGTDSFERTSGMTT?

Jeep Wrangler JL Sting Grey Two Door Sport Freedom Edition on Rubicon Takeoff Suspension with Gladiator Mohave Takeoff Tires

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Yup, since owning the gladiator prices of diesel went from 20c more a liter then gas to 58c more a litre where I live today. I didnā€™t buy a diesel because of the savings, for the torque and it has that in spades. The cost of ownership is high very high. I wouldnā€™t want to own one out of warranty
Actually, by the time itā€™s out of warranty, youā€™ll know if you have a keeper or one you should trade-in. By then if you have a good one and itā€™s paid for, enjoying a good Jeep with only fuel and regular maintenance as spendings is priceless.šŸ˜Ž

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
My head hurtsšŸ˜³. How about making a JLURxR392MTBMFšŸ˜

Or we could just call them ā€œa Jeepā€ā€¦

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon

You don't wave at Gladiators? I can barely tell they're not a Wrangler 90% time so now I just wave at them regardless.
Sponsored