Sponsored

Just purchased a Magnuson kit ***Update*** now going Edelbrock!

Krazyk86cu

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Raptor SCrew, 2013 Boxster S, 2004 Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
I am beyond excited. I toyed with the idea of buying a 392, but decided to save the big bucks for another vehicle. Instead, I’m supercharging my 2020. So glad to have a non eTorque. Lol

I’m having a local shop in Greensboro install it. Just waiting on parts now. Even with 37s and some heavy accessories, my JL with 5.13s doesn’t feel completely like a dog so I’m really looking forward to seeing how it runs with an extra hundred horses.
Sponsored

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
I love upgrading engines to improve performance. I just wonder how an all internally stock engine can tolerate a supercharger?

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I love upgrading engines to improve performance. I just wonder how an all internally stock engine can tolerate a supercharger?
I have read that the penstar was not turbocharged because it doesn’t take well to boosting just like the 392 doesn’t which is why it was redesigned for the hellcats.

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
I have read that the penstar was not turbocharged because it doesn’t take well to boosting just like the 392 doesn’t which is why it was redesigned for the hellcats.
Those 3.6 pistons are cast aluminum and may be the #1 reason. With 11.3:1 compression ratio and a supercharger the head gaskets are literally going to get pressure tested.

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Those 3.6 pistons are cast aluminum and may be the #1 reason. With 11.3:1 compression ratio and a supercharger the head gaskets are literally going to get pressure tested.
Just like the 392’s #1 reason is the weak, high compression, short skirt pistons but there has to be other issues or they would have just changed pistons

OP
OP
Krazyk86cu

Krazyk86cu

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
it’s a very much detuned system as to not blow up the engine. They could definitely squeeze more power out of it, but not without putting some extra holes in the hood 😂

Magnuson (and Edelbrock) take over your powertrain warranty as long as you are using their tunes.

OP
OP
Krazyk86cu

Krazyk86cu

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a Dragy to get some before/after metrics. It’s obviously not going to be “fast,” but It’ll be faster. Lol There will be videos to come in the future.

OP
OP
Krazyk86cu

Krazyk86cu

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Before!

Sponsored

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Following, i have a 2019. Live near Magnuson. Ready to buy.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Following, i have a 2019. Live near Magnuson. Ready to buy.

I have a 20' JLR 3.6 and had planned on supercharging her, even bought a new Edelbrock Supercharger kit...However, since I recently ordered a TRX (should satisfy my need for speed!) I decided to sell the new-in-box Edelbrock. There is always the chance though that if my TRX arrives before the Edelbrock sells, I may just become too used to the TRX power and have to install the supercharger on little Rubi;)

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I have a 20' JLR 3.6 and had planned on supercharging her, even bought a new Edelbrock Supercharger kit...However, since I recently ordered a TRX (should satisfy my need for speed!) I decided to sell the new-in-box Edelbrock. There is always the chance though that if my TRX arrives before the Edelbrock sells, I may just become too used to the TRX power and have to install the supercharger on little Rubi;)
why did you chose the Edelbrock ?

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
why did you chose the Edelbrock ?

I thought (and still think so) it was/is the best engineered system for the 3.6 JL's, that plus previous positive experience with Edelbrock systems. I also bought a few additional goodies to pair with it including a high performance ColdCase radiator, Mishimoto catch can and one step colder spark plugs.

Knowing myself, in all likelihood once I get my TRX I will quickly get addicted to the power...At that time if I have not sold the Edelbrock my Rubi 2-door will be getting a little boost :)

OP
OP
Krazyk86cu

Krazyk86cu

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thats hilarious. Talk about coincidences… I actually ordered a TRX a while back right before the supply chain issues really started hitting. I got tired of waiting on it and ended up buying a RS5 instead lol. After that I still really wanted a truck/SUV so we bought the RR. I’d still kill to have a TRX but I’d have to get rid of at least one or two vehicles lol.

And speaking of coincidences, my shop contacted me the other day and said they’ve been getting the run around on lead times for the Magnuson. Some estimates were 2-3 weeks and some were 8-12 weeks. As a back up they were able to track down some Edelbrock kits so I decided to go that route instead. Dropping the Jeep off first week of January. Can’t wait!
Sponsored