Sponsored

Just picked up my Wrangler JLU!

First Name
Armaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Hey everyone! Been following threads on here for a while and I've wanted a wrangler forever. Finally got mine yesterday! Would love to get some insight from all of you on the first mods I should do on this baby. Also planning on driving it from Florida to LA this winter because I'm moving to LA for a new job. Happy to be a part of this community!
Jeep Wrangler JL Just picked up my Wrangler JLU! FullSizeRender
Sponsored

OP
OP
WranglerIhardlyknowher
First Name
Armaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When did you order?
They actually had the spec I wanted in stock, so ended up just driving it off the lot. For context, I've got the sky one touch top because I won't have a garage in LA so couldn't store the hard top anywhere and was concerned about break ins with the regular soft top. Looking to add a lift kit and a couple other things to get it off road ready. Will be stopping at lot's of national parks this winter and driving directly through Moab, so want to make sure I'm prepared!

OP
OP
WranglerIhardlyknowher
First Name
Armaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP
WranglerIhardlyknowher
First Name
Armaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So any recommendations for lift kits or other essential off road accessories/gear?

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I am not a hardcore rock crawler but I have the same rock rails as you and like them far more than I anticipated. Some folks do the mopar lift with 35’s on 17” wheels along with a beefier steering stabilizer and front adjustable trackbar.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations!

You will love the variety of off-roading in California.

Enjoy!

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Hey Armaan. Congratulations on your purchase. I remember the excitement of driving mine home and I hope that you're feeling some of the same good things.

The following is advise I suggest more than followed. I think it belongs in the fortune cookies of Chinese restaurants in proximity to Moab.

"The first mod a new Wrangler owner makes should be to their spreadsheet."

Sit down, list your priorities for modding. The list is bound to be longer than your budget can service.

Now look at that budget. Consider that there may be mods you haven't even considered yet that you will, and once you do, "life as we know it "will be compromised until bolted on your rig.

Consider there are mods you want but don't realize, because they've yet to come to market.

Consider that "stuff happens" in life that may compromise that budget.

Now, slowly start adding to your rig. It's a process that like scenic train ride is best enjoyed for both its trip and arrival at the distal train station.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

first mod i did was front and rear steel bumpers. cant handle the plastic bumpers. other then that i'd wait for your move before modding. currently this setup for best mileage.. and if your going to drive 2800 miles or so might as well be on the original equipment that your going to get rid of. but that's my thoughts. but if your looking for a little height that wont affect anything and are decent with your hands you should be able to grab rubicon take off suspension springs and shocks which will give you about 1.25"-1.75" lift from the stock sport height. and it doesnt look toooooo funny with stock wheels and tires

OP
OP
WranglerIhardlyknowher
First Name
Armaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations Armaan. Got a build sheet you can upload here or share complete specs of what you ordered down to the Engine/Transmission and trim? Mine is attached as a reference.

Welcome!
68729A80-9314-4D74-B34D-8A228E67CF2C.jpeg
Thanks! I don't have the build sheet, but here's the sticker which should include everything. To clarify, this is the sticker of a different vehicle with the exact same specs (happened to have this saved on my phone because I was using it to negotiate my offer with the dealer I ended up buying from). Only difference is mine is white and this one is punk'n orange.
Jeep Wrangler JL Just picked up my Wrangler JLU! IMG_3F55F18FE463-1
Sponsored