Larry_G

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
After reworking my build about 100 times and visiting many local Massachusetts dealers, I ended up going with Criswell out of Maryland. Leon got back to me right away with a quote that was untouchable by any local dealer. If you are in the market, give Leon at Criswell a call or email, I have have had more stress buying shoes than I did just now buying my Jeep.

My order was placed on 12/2/2019 and Leon thinks it will be in by the end of the month!

I am hoping to put a Mopar lift on before picking up. Has anyone else worked with Criswell? I am hoping their service department is as good as their sales department?

I am not telling you to go to Criswell, but I highly recommend you at least reach out to Leon ([email protected]) for a quote and compare it to your deal before buying. I could not be happier with the price, the process and the professional manner in which I was treated. I found out about Criswell through the forum so thanks to everyone who recommended them!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Almost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
They have been great to work with so far on my end as well and will most likely be locking in my order this week with a deposit. No dealer in my area has come close and they were even pissed that I was able to even get an offer that good.

OP
OP
Larry_G

Larry_G

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They have been great to work with so far on my end as well and will most likely be locking in my order this week with a deposit. No dealer in my area has come close and they were even pissed that I was able to even get an offer that good.
I still can't get over how painless the whole process was, I requested a quote before going to sleep and had my deposit in before lunch the next day. No fuss, no games, no gimmicks.

Best of luck with your Jeep!

GSD_Jeeper

First Name
Abbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR (on order)
Just wanted to say thanks for posting this. I had found a JLUR that was close to what I wanted on a lot in VA, but when I went to try to buy it I had an absolutely awful experience and walked away from the deal altogether. Got home, googled around for dealer recommendations, and found this post. I sent my options list to Leon cold at like 11pm last night. He replied right away (yes, at like 11pm, I hope that isn’t regular for him!) and I was paying my order deposit at 11am this morning. Seriously that easy. Extremely impressed.

todds89

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara, 1989 Ford Mustang 5.0 Supercharged
Working with Leon now and yes, it is a painless operation so far!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Larry_G

Larry_G

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanted to say thanks for posting this. I had found a JLUR that was close to what I wanted on a lot in VA, but when I went to try to buy it I had an absolutely awful experience and walked away from the deal altogether. Got home, googled around for dealer recommendations, and found this post. I sent my options list to Leon cold at like 11pm last night. He replied right away (yes, at like 11pm, I hope that isn’t regular for him!) and I was paying my order deposit at 11am this morning. Seriously that easy. Extremely impressed.
That is awesome, I am glad Leon was able to help you too.

Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sting-Gray
To me, Leon is the reference standard for automobile sales professionals.

OP
OP
Larry_G

Larry_G

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am now in D1 status and have a ship date of the 9th, since our orders went in on the same day I hope you are are in the same boat.

Sponsored

todds89

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara, 1989 Ford Mustang 5.0 Supercharged
I am now in D1 status and have a ship date of the 9th, since our orders went in on the same day I hope you are are in the same boat.
When did your order go in?

Never mind - I just reread your initial post

Leon placed my order this morning so thats encouraging if your ship date is 12/9!

GSD_Jeeper

First Name
Abbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR (on order)
Nice! Got my ship date of 12/11 this morning. Now here’s to hoping that date sticks!

What did you order?

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and 1992 Suzuki Sidekick
I ordered from Rob in San Juan Capistrano, CA on 11-29 and he said with holidays and what not maybe by mid to late January. Guess it pays to be closer to the factory LOL more suspense and excitement for me right - look at the positives eh

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
I still can't get over how painless the whole process was, I requested a quote before going to sleep and had my deposit in before lunch the next day. No fuss, no games, no gimmicks.

Best of luck with your Jeep!
Last December I ordered from Craig at Koons and the process was identical. No hassle. No long conversations on how I absolutely positively needed that super dooper gismo at the low, low price of $$.

I sent an email. I got the quote. I put down the deposit and got my order in. I picked up my Wrangler in January and was in and out in an hour. The process was just painless.

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
Last December I ordered from Craig at Koons and the process was identical. No hassle. No long conversations on how I absolutely positively needed that super dooper gismo at the low, low price of $$.

I sent an email. I got the quote. I put down the deposit and got my order in. I picked up my Wrangler in January and was in and out in an hour. The process was just painless.
Too bad some of us in other parts of the country don't have that option. Keep hearing about Koon's and Criswell, along with one dealer in Texas and another California. (WTH, out of the entire country there are like only five or so slick dealers people are using? Bizarre.)

I'm in the Chicago area. I might be driving around in a new JL right now, if I knew I could get a real nice deal with no hassle. Last time stopping at a Chicago suburb Jeep dealer, the guys there were on us like white on rice, lol. Friends with me from out of town (rural Wisconsin) were shocked by the high pressure. I shrug it off living in Chicagoland, but it doesn't make me feel like throwing these guys nearly 40 grand. Dealers sometimes shoot themselves in the foot.
Sponsored