Just over 1000 miles and bam....

Wwsowell

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport Sting Gray
Just over a 1000 miles and coming home last night from a ball game, BAM! A dang deer Tboned the drivers side of the jeep.....

Screenshot_20181112-211527_Marco Polo.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wwsowell

Wwsowell

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also the front fender flare next to the driver's door is not attached anymore.....

OP
OP
Wwsowell

Wwsowell

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly! Luckily in Arkansas most deer are the size of big dogs! They're still like little missiles coming out of no where though!

Medictrode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2017 Ram 2500 Power Wagon
Stupid creatures.. They can hear the slightest tick in the woods but can't hear a 2 ton vehicle coming down the road.. Woods rats is all they are.. Hopefully you get it fixed up soon..:)

Sponsored

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
You are lucky!!! Up here in the Northern Panhandle of WV a deer is normally the size of a small horse or normal size donkey. When you hit a deer up here you normally end up totally your vehicle.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
What really sucks is that your damage would be expensive to repair, which means it'll likely affect your insurance rates. That just blows. :(

crazychile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler JK, 2018 Wrangler JLU
Back in the 70's, my uncle hit a turkey with his Oldsmobile. The car looked like it was in a head on collision with another car. It was totaled. From a friggin TURKEY!

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
If you have a good paintless dent repair guy in your area I’d have him take a look at the dents. Wrangler doors are never completely “flat” even in perfect condition- so I’d personally settle for 90% better and no paintwork than I would having a body shop go at it.

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Hard to tell for sure, but it looks like the B-pillar may be dented too. Obviously it's repairable, but I gotta agree that it doesn't look like a "cheap" fix. I also have to agree with Ed. If you get hit by a deer in northern WV, PA, or OH, you're looking at some serious damage. I've seen more than one car get totaled out from a deer crash. Heck, I've seen fatalities as a result of deer crashes. Could have been much worse. Sucks that it happened to your brand new Jeep though.

As for insurance rates. That really depends on the company. Since it's a "not at fault" incident some companies don't hold it against you, even if it is expensive. For example, I had a tree fall on my Steeda Mustang and the repair was not even remotely cheap. They fixed it up just fine though. I paid no deductible because it was parked when it happened, and despite it being an expensive repair my rates never changed.

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
That's terrible. At least, you don't live in Utah and have to pay $100.00 for the deer hitting your vehicle.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
You are lucky!!! Up here in the Northern Panhandle of WV a deer is normally the size of a small horse or normal size donkey. When you hit a deer up here you normally end up totally your vehicle.
You know you're from West Virginia when this is in your comments. :)

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Time for 60's and 40's! Lol.

That's all I think about when I run the scenario of getting into a wreck in my mind.

Glad no one got hurt and that you didn't over-react and drive yourself off the road.

Please keep the thread updated with after repair pics. I'm curious how it'll look post repair.

OP
OP
Wwsowell

Wwsowell

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will do! The pillar was what I am concerned about. But that's a good idea about talking to a paintless dent guy and seeing what they say. I'll keep everyone posted. The front drivers fender attachments are broken off by the drivers side door. Wonder if I could get them to replace with the high fenders.
Sponsored