Just ordered the 2018 Sahara JL

Ajn13

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Any one have any thoughts on changing to a smaller antenna and a gas cover? If so where can you order them? Thanks.

Eddie
Congrats! The gas cover can be ordered through the dealer or eBay etc. I got mine from eBay With free shipping and for a little less than what the dealer would have charged. The antenna that a few people have used is available on amazon. I’m not sure which one I’m going with just yet.
Sponsored

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
Not that I have heard of or read. I am sure if this was the case they would list it in the description of the options. They would not leave out such a positive detail like that IMO.
@FatBoy01

There is a thing transmission radiator in front of standard . Im not sure if it comes with Tow package only ...But there is a Trans cooler

I,ll get some picks soon

kculp

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Professor in the health sciences
Vehicle Showcase
@Sgtmaj65 I have your Sahara JL. Been driving it for about 3 weeks. If you are in a warm climate you can pass on the transfer case options otherwise do get the LSD. I ordered the select track.. it's on-demand 4WD if you have rough winters (we do in IOWA). Otherwise pass on these.

LED lighting for night driving is nice (I am 62). looks like extensive engineering ....upgraded all around... daytime running lights, fog, headlamps and taillights. Low voltage wiring etc. There's a dash warning if a light goes out. We are.... in the countryside and lots of deer, we see much farther with the headlamps at night. Way more to it than people think... they just want to pop in an LED bulb. Running lights are cool. There's LED lighting inside the cabin too. I think they could have done more lighting in the cabin, but it's ok.

We have the safety package on ours. I like it. Rock climbers don't need it. The cross traffic alert when backing up in a crowded parking lot is a convenience. Also changing lanes on the highway a little triangle lights up. Everybody says it's unnecessary, but they've probably not seen it work. Well laid out in my mind. Brings the jeep into the modern age. If you don't want it pass.

I did my own rust proofing, 3M makes a professional grade in 16 oz cans... Fairly easy to do. I did 5-6 cans. Lots of salt on our winter roads and worth it to me personally.

The big screen infotainment and Alpine speakers upgrades are a must! Honestly...it's worth every penny regardless of how little you might think of music. Nav comes with it! People are again just choking on the cost... A bit of wind noise in the cabin (you will have some) and just turn the stereo up and the subwoofer drowns it all out!!! Love it. You'll break the bank doing aftermarket speakers and replacing components... Let the factory do it.... this head unit is fantastic.

So...towing wasn't packaged wasn't on mine, sort of regret it. The wiring harness isn't easy (hitch it a piece of cake though). We got cold weather package, love heated starting wheel.

You'll love oil changes! Easy to remove filter from the top of the engine bay. Plus the jeep is high enough you don't need to jack anything up. Wave covers oil changes the first two years anyway.

Seat protect... No. Cloth looks nice as is and black will be easy. Leather seats were our preference and added the cargo and all weather mats with Mopar after delivery.

Hope this helps. I haven't owned a jeep before this one so this is just newbie advice.

Last edited:

Gill

First Name
Gill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
80,84,85 CJ. 83 Scrambler 2912 JKU 2018 JL Rubicon (ordered)
Hey Everyone, just ordered my 1st Jeep and it is a 2018 Sahara JL. Does anyone have a comments or recommendation on the bwlow options. I ordered them but not sure if i ahould keep them. -Lighting package
-Alpine upgraded stereo: is it worth the extra cost
-Remote start
-Tow HD package
-Zoebart rustproofing/deadoning

Thanks and looking forward to getting my Sahara.
I have a Rubicon JL on order.
I did the Alpine upgrade
Remote Start, have never had one but have had times it would have been handy.
Did the Tow Package, you also get heavier alternator with that upgrade I believe.
I would not pay for rust preventative, you already have it.

DerekH

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Rubicon
@Sgtmaj65Leather seats were our preference and added the cargo and all weather mats with Mopar after delivery.

Hope this helps. I haven't owned a jeep before this one so this is just newbie advice.
I just ordered a Rubicon with leather seats and all weather floor mats... does your Sahara still have carpet, just with rubber mats on top ? Or does it have a rubber floor now? I’m concerned that the carpet will be completely gone in the rubicon once my order arrives

kculp

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Professor in the health sciences
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered a Rubicon with leather seats and all weather floor mats... does your Sahara still have carpet, just with rubber mats on top ? Or does it have a rubber floor now? I’m concerned that the carpet will be completely gone in the rubicon once my order arrives
I have carpet not rubber floor. But my all-weather Mopar mats are aftermarket so it came with carpet mats.
Sponsored