Sponsored

just ordered new wheels and tires! did I get right ones?

boontis

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 2.0L
I put on 17x9 -12 offset rims with 35x12.50 Falken AT's - I would have preferred a little less poke but it does look aggressive. (couldn't find a 0 offset rim that I liked in my price range ;))

I added some mud flaps before winter hit to try and protect the door hinges/rear fender from flying rocks - there are a few threads on here on how quickly those will get beat up with lower offset rims...

From the front...pre mud flaps...
Jeep Wrangler JL just ordered new wheels and tires!  did I get right ones? 62396939048__CF32B161-53F7-4B3D-9925-76D8A6B8A022

Front wheel after mud flaps added...
Jeep Wrangler JL just ordered new wheels and tires!  did I get right ones? IMG_4206

Rear from the back...with mud flaps...(sorry not a great pic)
Jeep Wrangler JL just ordered new wheels and tires!  did I get right ones? IMG_4204
Sponsored

EbyCreek

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392
Occupation
ARMY (Retired)
If you are thinking about a lift in the future I would go to their site and see what back spacing is required for their lift. For example Metal Cloak requires 4.5 inches or less. All lift companies are different based on articulation.

OP
OP
Bosox20

Bosox20

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Sport
I put on 17x9 -12 offset rims with 35x12.50 Falken AT's - I would have preferred a little less poke but it does look aggressive. (couldn't find a 0 offset rim that I liked in my price range ;))

I added some mud flaps before winter hit to try and protect the door hinges/rear fender from flying rocks - there are a few threads on here on how quickly those will get beat up with lower offset rims...

From the front...pre mud flaps...
Jeep Wrangler JL just ordered new wheels and tires!  did I get right ones? IMG_4204

Front wheel after mud flaps added...

Rear from the back...with mud flaps...(sorry not a great pic)
Looks pretty good to me! and your tires are wider than the ones I got so I should be ok. yours are 1 inch or so wider. thanks for pics!

golong27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
I have -12mm pro comp wheels and had 33" Cepeks and it had an awesome stance with no lift. since have gone with 3.5" lift and 35" Mickey Ts - liked the previous look better but needed more clearance for wheeling

OP
OP
Bosox20

Bosox20

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Sport
I have -12mm pro comp wheels and had 33" Cepeks and it had an awesome stance with no lift. since have gone with 3.5" lift and 35" Mickey Ts - liked the previous look better but needed more clearance for wheeling
Awesome! Thank you!

Sponsored

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
So I have a 2021 Jeep JL sport. all stock. Just ordered 17x9 wheels and bfg's all terrain KO2s tires. it has a -12 offset and I'm concerned that will be too wide of a look. I want like 1.5 inches out from fenders. I'm getting 285/70/r17 tires. think it will look ok? anyone post some pics of this same setup? also, no lift. thanks!
I think most folks will like the offset you choose. My preference is a little different. I like for my tires to be flush (or slightly inside) the plane of of the fenders. Even with my stock Rubicon, I already have a paint mutilation on the driver's door from stone impingement from a rock thrown from the front tire.

#diesel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
When I first saw this post I thought it said:
I just ordered new hot wheels ...

actionplus

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
So, would 0 offset place the tires pretty much at the edge of the fender? Don't really want the tires to stick out, or more that an inch.
I'm on a Rubicon and the 33" with stock rims are right there. Does not stick out. Planning to get rims and tires. 35".

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
If you don’t want to stick out go with +12 or +18. The zeros and negative offsets that stick out make a mess of your Jeep in just a light drizzle and ,like said above, causes a lot of rock chips.

That’s just my opinion though, we all have an idea of what looks good.

If you aren’t sure About your choice, have one tire mounted on the new wheel and have them put it on you Jeep. If you don’t like it, order new wheels. You did get 5 right? Nothing looks worse than 4 nice wheels, then the litle stock spare hidden under a tire cover or worse, exposed

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
So, would 0 offset place the tires pretty much at the edge of the fender? Don't really want the tires to stick out, or more that an inch.
I'm on a Rubicon and the 33" with stock rims are right there. Does not stick out. Planning to get rims and tires. 35".
With a Rubicon you have quite a bit more room to go inward vs. the Sport/Sahara JLs. AEV makes wheels specifically for Rubicons that have a +25 offset. For what you're planning a +10 to +25 should work well if you plan to stay at stock height. If you plan a lift down the road then you may want a zero or even go negative depending how high you go.

OP
OP
Bosox20

Bosox20

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Sport
If you don’t want to stick out go with +12 or +18. The zeros and negative offsets that stick out make a mess of your Jeep in just a light drizzle and ,like said above, causes a lot of rock chips.

That’s just my opinion though, we all have an idea of what looks good.

If you aren’t sure About your choice, have one tire mounted on the new wheel and have them put it on you Jeep. If you don’t like it, order new wheels. You did get 5 right? Nothing looks worse than 4 nice wheels, then the litle stock spare hidden under a tire cover or worse, exposed
Yes. I got 5 lol

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
No. you need to have the same offset as the OEM wheels.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
I would not go with stock offset, that’s +45 or so.

AEV’s +25 Borah and Pintler for the JL are good options.
Sponsored