Sponsored

just ordered new wheels and tires! did I get right ones?

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
What size tires do you have on it? Does if drive much different now?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bosox20

Bosox20

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Sport
What size tires do you have on it? Does if drive much different now?
285/70/17. No. It drives pretty much the same. Maybe slightly rougher.

MaxCatMDWV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
T250, Model-X, Model A
Occupation
SAR Pilot
Those will look nice, a bit more negative offset than I prefer, but this will allow for more flex if you get a lift or even wider/taller tires next time :)
Hi there 🙋🏻‍♂️! I've got an XR 392 on order and have been looking into 37s and 40s. I think I've found the end of YouTube on the topic and am reading forum after forum. My question to you is where you settle on the appropriate/best offset. I completely understand that this is very nuanced and persnal preference. Just wanted to ask you since you said "more than you prefer." Would just like too understand the preference - can shift to DMs or new/different thread if needed.

1. I found a Jeep on Instagram today that looks amazing with a 3.5" Terafllex lift and -38 offset wheels wearing 40s.
2. I've been parsing through the inconsistent info online about the 392XR lift and it looks like just a 2" lift on a Rubicon... 35s obviously fit, minor rubbing w 37s (@ShockerRacing).
3. If I don't want to buy a lift, to save the warranty, thoughts on how much offset would be reasonable to fit 37s with no rubbing on turns. I won't be going balls wild on trails for a bit so I can max the flex later.
4. Another forum on here put the stock XR Mopar Beadlock wheel lat -12 offset. Does that match your understanding?

Thank you. Sorry if I'm an idiot; I don't "forum" much. 😬

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Hi there 🙋🏻‍♂️! I've got an XR 392 on order and have been looking into 37s and 40s. I think I've found the end of YouTube on the topic and am reading forum after forum. My question to you is where you settle on the appropriate/best offset. I completely understand that this is very nuanced and persnal preference. Just wanted to ask you since you said "more than you prefer." Would just like too understand the preference - can shift to DMs or new/different thread if needed.

1. I found a Jeep on Instagram today that looks amazing with a 3.5" Terafllex lift and -38 offset wheels wearing 40s.
2. I've been parsing through the inconsistent info online about the 392XR lift and it looks like just a 2" lift on a Rubicon... 35s obviously fit, minor rubbing w 37s (@ShockerRacing).
3. If I don't want to buy a lift, to save the warranty, thoughts on how much offset would be reasonable to fit 37s with no rubbing on turns. I won't be going balls wild on trails for a bit so I can max the flex later.
4. Another forum on here put the stock XR Mopar Beadlock wheel lat -12 offset. Does that match your understanding?

Thank you. Sorry if I'm an idiot; I don't "forum" much. 😬
It takes quite a bit more to run 40s, so you're shifting to run "just" 37s is a good plan. You might want to ask one of the following as they've done much more extensive Jeep suspension related wrenching. @Roky @Headbarcode @wibornz are three that come to mind.

Just off the top I'm thinking those Mopar beadlocks at -12 would be a good choice. Keep in mind all Rubicon axles are a bit wider to allow for more suspension travel. I assume you have the 4:56 gears, so that would work well w/ the 37s. There are a couple different width tires in 37s, the usual 12.5 and the less common 13.5. If you end up w/ a 13.5 you'd want a bit more negative on the offset, like a -18. If you run the 12.5 37s you may be able to use your stock wheels if you're not opposed to running wheel spacers. It's not the best option but is something to consider if you like the OEM wheel look and get quality brand spacers.

If you're overly concerned about warranty issues I think the Mopar 2" lift would probably get the lift needed and AFAIK if it's installed by the dealer it should retain full warranty coverage, but not 100% certain there.

EbyCreek

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392
Occupation
ARMY (Retired)
Mopar does not make a lift for the 392. I installed the Metalcloak 392 3.5" Game Changer and mine sets 1 inch higher than my friends Rubicon with the 2" Mopar lift. Icon Rebound Pro Beadlock Wheels 17 x 8.5 -6MM 4.5" BS

Jeep Wrangler JL just ordered new wheels and tires!  did I get right ones? IMG_4019.JPG

Sponsored

MaxCatMDWV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
T250, Model-X, Model A
Occupation
SAR Pilot
Just off the top I'm thinking those Mopar beadlocks at -12 would be a good choice. Keep in mind all Rubicon axles are a bit wider to allow for more suspension travel. I assume you have the 4:56 gears, so that would work well w/ the 37s. There are a couple different width tires in 37s, the usual 12.5 and the less common 13.5. If you end up w/ a 13.5 you'd want a bit more negative on the offset, like a -18. If you run the 12.5 37s you may be able to use your stock wheels if you're not opposed to running wheel spacers. It's not the best option but is something to consider if you like the OEM wheel look and get quality brand spacers.

If you're overly concerned about warranty issues I think the Mopar 2" lift would probably get the lift needed and AFAIK if it's installed by the dealer it should retain full warranty coverage, but not 100% certain there.
Thanks for the reply. i'll check out those user's posts and go from there. The 392 comes "lifted' and does have the 4.56 w/ the xr package.

As for the note about wheel spacers, and for some reacon my mechanical engineer brain, they just make me uncomfortable. Some weird alluminum piece just extended where the forces are vice a wheel designed with a specific offset. I feel like I'm being irrational but also not sure how much intensity I'll be applying to this vehicle early on so also just being weird about spending 2k on wheels.

Thanks, again!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Thanks for the reply. i'll check out those user's posts and go from there. The 392 comes "lifted' and does have the 4.56 w/ the xr package.

As for the note about wheel spacers, and for some reacon my mechanical engineer brain, they just make me uncomfortable. Some weird alluminum piece just extended where the forces are vice a wheel designed with a specific offset. I feel like I'm being irrational but also not sure how much intensity I'll be applying to this vehicle early on so also just being weird about spending 2k on wheels.

Thanks, again!
Yeah, I'm not a fan of wheel spacers, especially considering all the weight involved. 37s with new, wider wheels will easily be over 100 lbs on each corner, so best to go w/ wheels w/ proper offsets. Sure it will cost, but money well spent IMO.
Sponsored