Sponsored

Just ordered my Superchips Flashpaq Tuner....can't wait!

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon
Ok, so I installed the flashpaq in the JL last night. Installed perfectly fine. Went to start JL and nothing......
I'm thinking not again...not another programmer failure with this JL.
Called Superchips and they checked the programmer out through the online ignition system. They had me pull the plugs and check for a bent pin......they were stumped too. They said to let it sit again with battery disconnected for about 10 minutes and then re-connect. I did so and it fired right up.
Superchips said that they have seem a certain number of JL's that have an issue with taking a tune. I guess I have one of them. That is probably what was wrong with the Tazer I had.
Everything seems to work! Programming on 87 octane tune seems to give it a lot more power! I have not gone for a long road test as of yet.....just in my driveway and down to get the mail(we have a really long driveway).
I'll post results once I know for sure.
Did they sent you the flashpac and PCM when ordered and you sent yours after receiving it or the other way around?
Sponsored

Zidjan

First Name
Arie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
I pushed my green and blue tabs out with small screwdriver. I broke mine also they are easy to break it seems. I found part number but seem to buy them anywhere.

Hey Martin, did you push down the green and blue tab? how do you get it to release? and how do you get it to lock again once the PCM is replaced? Also, any idea where to buy the clip?

Thank you I just for my Flashpaq and I broke one of the clip.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Hey Martin, did you push down the green and blue tab? how do you get it to release? and how do you get it to lock again once the PCM is replaced? Also, any idea where to buy the clip?

Thank you I just for my Flashpaq and I broke one of the clip.
i never bothered, I zip tied the wires for a while, I took the ties off and never put them back on. I don’t think they disconnect that easy.

Five Seasons

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2009 BMW 135i, 2002 Honda S2000,
When I reached out to superchips about a year ago I was informed that the Tune did not remove rev hang. Did superchips tell you its gone ? I know you said that it appears to be but it could be re-learning.
Sponsored