OP

StingGrayRhino

First Name
Eliez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara
How long is it taking you guys to get your VONs and VINs?

VON should be Immediate. At least for me it was.

my order was in day 1 by 9:45 am VON was quick But still no VIN and I like complaining about it as I watch other getting their vins left and right lol
I also ordered Day 1 at 10:30 AM and still haven't gotten my VIN yet. My dealer is a big dealer too so I know he has seniority over others. Guess you and I are in the same boat.

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
I love this forum and love everyone’s excitement over this vehicle BUT.... to me, laying down this kind of money on ANY kind of Jeep before it’s even been tested by consumers is a huge no for me. If it goes well, bugs worked out etc.. a different story. Now for the investment part. Sorry to say but any Jeep, regardless of model, mods etc is NOT an investment. As someone mentioned earlier, even if you kept this in museum condition its not happening folks. I have absolutely no doubt that if the 392 is a hit, it will be here to stay and in the future offer as much customization as the current Rubicon. I was very excited about this announcement but even if I was in the market for a new Rubi there’s 3 strikes against this

1. it’s only in 4 dr
2. Leather only
3. Body colored fenders

All this said. I am very curious of reviews several months/ a year after they hit pavement.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I love this forum and love everyone’s excitement over this vehicle BUT.... to me, laying down this kind of money on ANY kind of Jeep before it’s even been tested by consumers is a huge no for me. If it goes well, bugs worked out etc.. a different story. Now for the investment part. Sorry to say but any Jeep, regardless of model, mods etc is NOT an investment. As someone mentioned earlier, even if you kept this in museum condition its not happening folks. I have absolutely no doubt that if the 392 is a hit, it will be here to stay and in the future offer as much customization as the current Rubicon. I was very excited about this announcement but even if I was in the market for a new Rubi there’s 3 strikes against this

1. it’s only in 4 dr
2. Leather only
3. Body colored fenders

All this said. I am very curious of reviews several months/ a year after they hit pavement.
Dead on about the early purchasers. Not sure I read anything or anyone thinking this was an investment. Your 3 strikes are 3 huge wins for me. People would complain if those things didn't come on a $70+ vehicle. Jeep wasn't going to make everyone happy and tastes are all over the board but if they want this to be their top of the line, then they want it to look top of the line.

Go find yourself a GC forum. People were pissed the $100K Trackhawk looks just like the $40K GC with no extra leather dash, leather seats (instead of an option) etc. Bottom line what you think are strikes, others think are must haves on a top of the line trim.

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Dead on about the early purchasers. Not sure I read anything or anyone thinking this was an investment. Your 3 strikes are 3 huge wins for me. People would complain if those things didn't come on a $70+ vehicle. Jeep wasn't going to make everyone happy and tastes are all over the board but if they want this to be their top of the line, then they want it to look top of the line.

Go find yourself a GC forum. People were pissed the $100K Trackhawk looks just like the $40K GC with no extra leather dash, leather seats (instead of an option) etc. Bottom line what you think are strikes, others think are must haves on a top of the line trim.
No doubt. To each his own. That said by limiting certain options, as with anything, you limit many buyers as well. All this will change depending on how well received these are after being tested by the end consumer.

Sponsored

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
I think that while people were on forums complaining about shit that hasn’t or hadn’t even happened yet, I was out ripping in my trackhawk and grinning like a possum eating briars.
Same was true for the 07 gt500. The terminator guys were butt hurt bench racing for YEARS.
Same for the 15 M4, and so on.

Same will be true for the 392.

All I know without a doubt is people will complain about anything and argue about nothing.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I think that while people were on forums complaining about shit that hasn’t or hadn’t even happened yet, I was out ripping in my trackhawk and grinning like a possum eating briars.
Same was true for the 07 gt500. The terminator guys were butt hurt bench racing for YEARS.
Same for the 15 M4, and so on.

Same will be true for the 392.

All I know without a doubt is people will complain about anything and argue about nothing.
Yeah the amount of whining here is incredible. Don't like it don't buy it. Want a HEMI in a different setup do it yourself. You can throw the exact same engine into pretty much any configuration be it 2-door manual or 4-door automatic. I am super happy FCA came out with any production V8 option.

Mkapke

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 CJ5, 2021 JLUR 392 on order I think????
So gang, I kept going back and forth on whether I should have ordered the half doors. Changed order to add them 😀

NorthFork631

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler Sahara - 2021 Wrangler 392
Occupation
Realtor
So gang, I kept going back and forth on whether I should have ordered the half doors. Changed order to add them 😀
I ordered them, thought it was an easy use for summer, making a special spot in the garage for the switch between full and half. Now to find the right storage system.

Mkapke

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

Which is why they should be optional.

ChiefJL

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2017 JKUR Recon
How easy was changing your order? I ordered mine in black but have been kicking myself for it since (my current JK is black also and want to change it up). Thought about seeing if I could change that.

Mkapke

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How easy was changing your order? I ordered mine in black but have been kicking myself for it since (my current JK is black also and want to change it up). Thought about seeing if I could change that.
Easy to have Salesman/New Car Mgr change order. Only issue is your order likely will fall back in Wrangler 392 build order. Only an issue if you were counting on getting yours early or by a certain date. I changed my own order after kicking myself for not ordering the dual doors. I am ok with getting mine later and half doors are a late availability option anyhow (beginning July/August '21).

nyvisual

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Rubicon

1. it’s only in 4 dr
2. Leather only
3. Body colored fenders

Very similar to all those craziness over the Bronco. Laying out 50k+ for a first year production model seems crazy to me. Also you cannot even sit in a Bronco yet, at least with Jeep you know what you are getting.

Mkapke

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My two cent thoughts fwiw...Investment in a 392 I agree is not likely to pay financial dividends. Features is a personal thing with any vehicle and the amount of customization changes one desires. I have a two door CJ5 that I wholeheartedly LOVE and would not want a four door CJ. For a new Wrangler JL, I do prefer a four door myself, The newer Wranglers and especially the 392 have much more power and heavy duty components so for me, a four door doesn't have compromise. Regarding testing, I'm thinking Jeep with the 392 has by far the upper hand over Ford with it's new Bronco. Jeep 392 is using tried and trued Jeep parts putting them never before together for the build of this special Wrangler. Jeep has tested it and made some design changes for the package. Will the testing catch every issue? Likely not, however using existing parts makes one feel good with everything working. Ford on the other hand is starting with a clean slate with new body and parts with few exceptions of some existing parts which raises many more questions about reliability, problems and performance. I'll take the 392 Wrangler without hesitation over the new Bronco or any other off road production vehicle.
Sponsored