Just ordered my 392!

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
speaking of the c8 comparison. I've had vettes and Jeeps for years, and was holding out on the C8 Z06. After this announcement, I'd much rather have the 392. Currently have a 620whp C6 Z06, that I never drive because I have kids, so why would I want/need a C8Z? We've had so much fun in our jlur the last 2 years wheeling with our kids, the 392 checks both boxes.
Sponsored

OP
OP

StingGrayRhino

First Name
Eliez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara
So my dealer talked to his contact at Jeep and he HEARD (NOT PROMISING ANYTHING) it's going to be $70k/$72k BASE. Thought I'd share even though it's nothing solid. He did sound pretty confident that's what the number will be though.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
So my dealer talked to his contact at Jeep and he HEARD (NOT PROMISING ANYTHING) it's going to be $70k/$72k BASE. Thought I'd share even though it's nothing solid. He did sound pretty confident that's what the number will be though.
If one knows which items are optional on the Rubicon, but standard on the 392, they could "back in" to the premium charged for the V-8.

OP
OP

StingGrayRhino

First Name
Eliez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara
If one knows which items are optional on the Rubicon, but standard on the 392, they could "back in" to the premium charged for the V-8.

I hear you but it's more than just the V-8. The hydro-guide system, exhaust. Don't know how much those are realistically but I definitely thought it would be $67k. Anyway the price discussion has been beaten to death, just thought I'd spring that in there.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Wrangler392; ā€˜20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
@StingGrayRhino did your dealer say deposits were non-refundable? Seems counter productive since pricing isnā€™t released and they would sell regardless

Sponsored

OP
OP

StingGrayRhino

First Name
Eliez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara
@StingGrayRhino did your dealer say deposits were non-refundable? Seems counter productive since pricing isnā€™t released and they would sell regardless
Every dealership I spoke to (and I spoke to 7) will refund the deposit. I learned yeaterday that some will get extra allocation based on "already sold orders." An "already sold order" is one with a deposit. Its more of a formality.

Why, did they say it wasn't refundable?

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Wrangler392; ā€˜20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
@StingGrayRhino yeah surprisingly Suresky (whoā€™s been recommended here) said their GM wonā€™t allow refundable deposits for the 392. Salesman was a little off on some of the facts, ordering process so I suppose Iā€™ll keep looking around the tristate first.

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@StingGrayRhino yeah surprisingly Suresky (whoā€™s been recommended here) said their GM wonā€™t allow refundable deposits for the 392. Salesman was a little off on some of the facts, ordering process so I suppose Iā€™ll keep looking around the tristate first.
Dealer I spoke to said the same. No refundable.
Talked to them again today, and they did agree to msrp, but no trade in.

OP
OP

StingGrayRhino

First Name
Eliez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara
Dealer I spoke to said the same. No refundable.
Talked to them again today, and they did agree to msrp, but no trade in.
I call bs on that to be honest. Anyway if you're getting MSRP I'm sure you could assign it to someone. Lots of people are still willing to do over MSRP so I wouldn't be worried. Just get in writing you'll get MSRP.

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37ā€ KO2s
I highly doubt FCA would support non-refundable deposits Especially before pricing is announced.

I bet letting the GM know their name and what theyā€™re doing will be passed onto FCA will change their mind about the deposit being non-refundable.

Some Porsche dealerships tried that with the last go-round of GT3ā€™s and got burned. Porsche North America ended up having to ask the factory to produce more cars for the wronged customers/victims. Iā€™m sure the factory was not happy about it. This go round, some Porsche dealerships arenā€™t even taking deposits on the GT3 to avoid the mess and legal problems all together.

Call out the GM or shop elsewhere. Vote with your dollars.

Also, who here is willing to pay over MSRP? Iā€™d bet very, very few, if any. Certainly not enough for all the units that will be produced. I sure am not. Sounds like most here barely want to pay MSRP given it might be as high as 72k base.

These GMs need a reality check.

Sponsored

KCB

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007, 2017, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Anyone who has looked into buying a 392 or have ordered oneā€”is there ability to order with black fenders and black hardtop? I canā€™t do the matched to body color thing. Thx.

OP
OP

StingGrayRhino

First Name
Eliez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara
Anyone who has looked into buying a 392 or have ordered oneā€”is there ability to order with black fenders and black hardtop? I canā€™t do the matched to body color thing. Thx.
No you can't order it like that. But there's more than enough people who are willing to trade their black fenders for body colored

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, but you can order soft top only. I was going to just keep my non painted hard top and use. Decided I simply cannot commit to buying something without knowing the price however.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Some Porsche dealerships tried that with the last go-round of GT3ā€™s and got burned. Porsche North America ended up having to ask the factory to produce more cars for the wronged customers/victims. Iā€™m sure the factory was not happy about it. This go round, some Porsche dealerships arenā€™t even taking deposits on the GT3 to avoid the mess and legal problems all together.
This had nothing to do with deposits. They are and have always been refundable. This had to do with a criminal who took ADM's for allocations (completely different) from customers at ONE dealer and no one really knows if Porsche really increased the production as not all those that were effected got an allocation.

Yes there are multiple dealers for a fact that are still taking deposits on GT3's. Many are also asking ADM's at this present time.

There will be plenty of these 392's made. Be patient. Pay what you want if you must be the first but the supply will out pace the demand without question.

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37ā€ KO2s
I go by the same screen name over on Rennlist.
IIRC, in the Miami lawsuit, a sales representative fled the country with thousands and thousands in deposits for promised GT3s that the dealership never received allocations for. Porsche had stopped GT3 production by the time it came to light, so Porsche sold the guy an RS.
I said ā€œsomeā€ dealerships werenā€™t taking deposits. Mine didnā€™t want one for my 992 GT3 at MSRP and specifically stated they were not messing with deposits this go-round.
Agreed, thousands of 392s being produced through 22ā€™, itā€™s all about patience and encouraging good dealership practice with your business and dollars. Supply will eventually outpace demand.
Here to talk Jeeps, I have a lot to catch up on as my last Wrangler was in 2005!
Sponsored

Last edited: