First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
Yep, I remember 30 years ago taking out a loan for a kitchen table and chairs to start building my credit. Fast forward, I have credit score way north of 800 and am lucky to be able to pay cash for anything I want. I’m trying to teach my kids fiscal responsibility.

Anyway, congrats on your Jeep. I can’t wait to get mine.
Aww thank you so much! It helps to start building credit at a young age! Got my first credit card at 18 along with some other loans both secured and non secured, also helps that I’m a loan officer :) Anixously waiting for my Jeep to arrive, been in D status for the past 31 days haha
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeeprubicongurl

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
You build is gonna be sick!! I’m pretty similar, but white and manual ;)
Aww thank you! :) I was originally going to go with Bright White Clearcoat as well but then decided to go with Firecracker Red! My STI was a six speed manual and due to having an hour commute and almost an hour and a half commute home I said forget the stick shift haha had to go auto this time! =p can’t wait to record some sweet GoPro footage for my YouTube channel now that I have a Hero 5! I have a lot of mods sitting in the garage now haha just waiting for my Rubi to arrive! Been sitting in D status for the past 30 days (tomorrow will mark 31 days) when did you place your order and what status are you in?

dspilman

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2-Door 3.6L Manual, 1997 TJ Sport 2-Door 4.0L Manual;
Occupation
Architect
Aww thank you! :) I was originally going to go with Bright White Clearcoat as well but then decided to go with Firecracker Red! My STI was a six speed manual and due to having an hour commute and almost an hour and a half commute home I said forget the stick shift haha had to go auto this time! =p can’t wait to record some sweet GoPro footage for my YouTube channel now that I have a Hero 5! I have a lot of mods sitting in the garage now haha just waiting for my Rubi to arrive! Been sitting in D status for the past 30 days (tomorrow will mark 31 days) when did you place your order and what status are you in?
Fantastic. Thats the beauty of the factory order, is you get to make it exactly to your dreams!
I researched and saved and researched and saved. Finally placed my order on 12/28. Just got my VIN and D-status on 12/31. We'll see how long it takes. Been hearing some good news lately from a few of quick builds!

What mods do you have waiting and planned?!

OP
OP
Jeeprubicongurl

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
Fantastic. Thats the beauty of the factory order, is you get to make it exactly to your dreams!
I researched and saved and researched and saved. Finally placed my order on 12/28. Just got my VIN and D-status on 12/31. We'll see how long it takes. Been hearing some good news lately from a few of quick builds!

What mods do you have waiting and planned?!
Custom ordering is the way to go! I also custom ordered my STI and it was well worth the wait! That’s for sure! :) it took ten weeks for the STI to arrive from order date to delivery, so far I’m almost five weeks in for the Rubicon. I have the JL Ace Enginering Rock Sliders, Mopar grab handles and Weather Tech floor liners! :) also going to tint my windows to 15% all around too! That’s an absolute must for me haha

dcwrangler

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon
My dealer just sent me this: "I am pleased to share your Jeep Wrangler is expected to ship today from the manufacturer located in Toledo, OH."

I checked with Jeep chat and it is in KS status, not sure what KS means though.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeeprubicongurl

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
My dealer just sent me this: "I am pleased to share your Jeep Wrangler is expected to ship today from the manufacturer located in Toledo, OH."

I checked with Jeep chat and it is in KS status, not sure what KS means though.
It should say KZ status which means it’ll be shipped! :) that’s the status you want! Mine should almost be to that status soon I hope! In JB right now lol

OP
OP
Jeeprubicongurl

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
Dang. I ordered it at Ron carter in Houston Texas. The GM is a friend of a friend. She said she was giving me a great deal and I didn’t research it because I trusted her. Wow, that always bites me in the ass. Kind of wishing I never read this thread.
Just wanted to be brutally honest with you! Lesson learned for sure! You can NEVER trust people! Especially people in the car sales industry! They’re all out to make quick commission off of you and tell you you’re getting an “excellent deal” even if you’re not. I see this happen literally every single day in my line of work! Dealerships get commission too if you go through CUDL (credit union direct lending) so a lot of the time they don’t want you getting your own financing (same thing that they kept trying to steer me away from at Dave Smith) it’s like why go through CUDL if my rate will be higher just to give you commission off of it?!

OP
OP
Jeeprubicongurl

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
Keep in mind, when some people say what they paid, they are saying one of two things:
1. The agreed price for the Jeep ONLY.
2. The price for the Jeep+taxes+dealer fees+maybe warranty. And if you are including sales tax, that varies by state.

I don't think they would lie about the MSRP, its right on the sticker. I don't know if that includes the destination charge or not. Keep in mind, just because you paid more than someone else doesn't necessarily mean you got ripped off, they just may be a better shopper. Learn the lesson for next time.
Exactly! Mine was ONLY for the price of the Rubicon, no GAP, VSC, payment protection, ect and I don’t plan on getting any of those things financed within my loan either. It definitely helps to do your research next time though like you mentioned :) run both a NADA and a KBB and bring that as ammo with you to the dealership!
Sponsored