Sponsored

Just ordered a Willys for double the price of my last Jeep!

LOBBS

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Manager in Automotive Aftermarket
There's a handful of Broncos around me with the soft top and every time I see their rippled side rear window, I just chuckle to myself.
I know the rippled window on the Bronco soft top gets a lot of flack from, well, everyone but it is by design. The way that soft top is meant to be able to lift at the top edge of the tailgate to allow access necessitated very soft plastic side windows that could flex and fold. The side effect? They're kinda loose and rippled. If they were drawn taut they'd rip/tear if one were ever to use that feature. So..., from an engineering standpoint there's nothing wrong with them. From an aesthetics view tho? Maybe Ford would have been better off not offering that feature in the top given the reception.

I have an unfilled Bronco order, a pretty early reservation in fact, so I spent a lot of time in those forums before buying my JLR.
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
My 1995 Wrangler S had a base price of $11,818.00 before options.

Those were the days...

Just ordered a 2022 JLU Willys, pretty much loaded up with 2.0/auto/dual tops/tow/convenience/audio group/cold wthr pkg/safety group etc at MSRP of just under $54K.

Hoping to take advantage of a couple of $500 rebates for veterans and first responders at pick up time.
Just an FYI here:
When I made inquiries about a veteran's discount, the Sales Mgr. at my dealership told me that, per corporate policy, the discount in question must be in force the day I accept delivery of the vehicle, in order to have the savings applied to the Sales Contract.

Remember to post some photos when your new Willys is in your driveway. đź‘Ť

OP
OP
Brsox

Brsox

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. 4Runner TRD PRO
I know the rippled window on the Bronco soft top gets a lot of flack from, well, everyone but it is by design. The way that soft top is meant to be able to lift at the top edge of the tailgate to allow access necessitated very soft plastic side windows that could flex and fold. The side effect? They're kinda loose and rippled. If they were drawn taut they'd rip/tear if one were ever to use that feature. So..., from an engineering standpoint there's nothing wrong with them. From an aesthetics view tho? Maybe Ford would have been better off not offering that feature in the top given the reception.

I have an unfilled Bronco order, a pretty early reservation in fact, so I spent a lot of time in those forums before buying my JLR.
It really sits with me wrong how some people had early reservations as far back as summer of 2020 and they are still waiting in spring of 2022. That isn't right. I mean, it's a crazy world with massive inflation, chip shortages and supply chain constraints but vehicles are being built and Ford is introducing new Bronco trims while it leaves those loyal customers sitting with their thumbs up their a**. Ford certainly did not put customers first ahead of the greedy dealers and all out maximization of profit.

OP
OP
Brsox

Brsox

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. 4Runner TRD PRO
My 1995 Wrangler S had a base price of $11,818.00 before options.

Those were the days...

Just an FYI here:
When I made inquiries about a veteran's discount, the Sales Mgr. at my dealership told me that, per corporate policy, the discount in question must be in force the day I accept delivery of the vehicle, in order to have the savings applied to the Sales Contract.

Remember to post some photos when your new Willys is in your driveway. đź‘Ť
Yes, I inquired further and was told they can't apply the discount until I'm ready to complete the purchase and take delivery. It looks like the military and first responder rebates are currently good through Jan of 2023 so I'll have to get a current discount code when the time comes. These days, you have to look for any discount you can get.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
We bought a new motorhome last year on a Furd E450 chassis. With 3 k miles on it the front end felt strange. Took it to a shop for alignment and the ball joints were SHOT. Took six months and countless calls and letters to get Turd (I mean Furd) ) to honor their own warranty. The Service Manager at the local dealership said he’s been there 22 years and that Ford’s warranty service has tanked in the last 3 years. I used to like Ford a lot-Never again..
Sponsored