Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
“Competition” is a double-edge sword.

I just hope that the current German Italian French owners of Jeep understand Wrangler’s uniqueness and respect it, instead of chasing after sales volume.

Next thing we know we have a Citroen-based CUV with a Wrangler sticker on it. Remember what happened to Cherokee, Renegade.
1638293565270.jpeg

1638293647890.jpeg

1638292959323.jpeg

1638293135622.jpeg
I'm willing to bet a lot of people consider the current Cherokee to be a step up from the Liberty.

And the only thing that really bothers me about the Renegade is that its imported. Jeeps should be built in the US. Even if it shares a platform with the Fiat 500X. Besides, Jeep sells more Renegades in a month than Fiat sells anything in a year here.
Sponsored

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
Why do people keep bringing these Bronco reviews here? I mean who cares.
Exactly, I only care about what I think about the vehicle I'm going to purchase, not what anyone else thinks of it. :like:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I'm willing to bet a lot of people consider the current Cherokee to be a step up from the Liberty.

And the only thing that really bothers me about the Renegade is that its imported. Jeeps should be built in the US. Even if it shares a platform with the Fiat 500X. Besides, Jeep sells more Renegades in a month than Fiat sells anything in a year here.
IDK...I’ve seen some mean-looking Libertys out there
Jeep Wrangler JL Just look at this R&T article about why the Bronco is a better Wrangler 1638297827566

Jeep Wrangler JL Just look at this R&T article about why the Bronco is a better Wrangler 1638297979551

Jeep Wrangler JL Just look at this R&T article about why the Bronco is a better Wrangler 1638297929011

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
IDK...I’ve seen some mean-looking Libertys out there
Jeep Wrangler JL Just look at this R&T article about why the Bronco is a better Wrangler 1638297929011

Its doable. But around where I live not a single 1st gen Liberty has a usable spare tire. For some reason they're always worn down, bald and sometimes just flat.

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
If you want a Bronco, buy a Bronco. If you want a Wrangler, buy a Wrangler. Who cares??

G.
I agree with you, I bought a Wrangler with 80 years behind it and a lot of used parts, if thing really go bad!

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Mall-crawler Saharas pay for the R&D on Rubicons, XRs, 392s, etc etc. The Wrangler would be a lot more expensive, or just wouldn’t exist, if only hardcore types bought it.
True, but the hard-core types set the image being chased by those who crawl the food courts. Point is that just like all Jeep trims are highly capable, all Jeep owners are equally important to the brand regardless of their usage.

NYJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I honestly just think this article is a bit poorly written. I mean, he says off road prowess shouldn’t be the major factor bc people don’t do it a lot & then raves about how it’s easy to take the doors off a Bronco. His comment about liking Wranglers at the end is completely unexplained. Etc.

Anyhow, if it means anything, I don’t own either. But after a lot of thinking, I’ve made my mind up to order a Wrangler, and the decision isn’t that close actually.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly just think this article is a bit poorly written. I mean, he says off road prowess shouldn’t be the major factor bc people don’t do it a lot & then raves about how it’s easy to take the doors off a Bronco. His comment about liking Wranglers at the end is completely unexplained. Etc.

Anyhow, if it means anything, I don’t own either. But after a lot of thinking, I’ve made my mind up to order a Wrangler, and the decision isn’t that close actually.
Welcome to the fold, neighbor!

Andrew2311

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I don't see the problem. I ordered a Bronco for my wife, as she has always liked them.. It is a really nice vehicle, and is much more comfortable on long trips..

Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I don't see the problem. I ordered a Bronco for my wife, as she has always liked them.. It is a really nice vehicle, and is much more comfortable on long trips..
I have only seen a couple on the street but I like the looks of them. I never understood brand loyalty. Is FCA paying your Bill's or something? If you like it buy it, who gives a shit who makes it.

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
I think capitalizing on the Wranglers shortcomings was easy for Ford to do, especially since they were laser focused to 1-up Jeep, who happens to be in the middle of a model cycle and can't do any immediate major changes in response.

But I predict the next Wrangler will address these shortcomings and this tit-for-tat between the 2 vehicles will accelerate Wrangler innovation.

Honestly, I feel all Jeep has to do is improve the tech and make the seats more comfortable and that would squash 90% of the reasons people are saying they'd abandon Wrangler for the Bronco.

At that point, the number of differences would be narrow with the main one being the on road driving experience. As long as the Wrangler remains committed to off-road abilities first, it will always have a less pleasant driving experience and I think that's fine since that's not the point of a Wrangler.

However, the JL is a better daily driver than the JK so who knows what Jeep has up its sleeve for a better driving experience on the JM.

betsy

First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon 2dr ,2016 jk rubicon hard rock 2dr
ROAD and TRACK, I rest my case , I used to read CAR and DRIVER, when I was into cars .

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Graduate or drop out ??? ... LOL
I think the dropouts are the ones writing articles about twitter comments... :headbang:
Sponsored