Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Okay so just to put this into perspective. Ford seems to be really good at adapting on road vehicles for off road. F-250/350 Tremor, F-150 Raptor and Tremor and the Ranger Tremor are all good examples. The Bronco seems to be just that, especially since its built on a Ranger frame. So of course its going to ride a bit better on road. But pretty much every video of the Bronco you see one front wheel in the air in a spot where any Wrangler would have 4 wheels on the ground... so if you value traction, your choice should be the Wrangler. If you want a cushy ride... you should skip the Bronco and get a Grand Cherokee... :devil:

All joking aside I do like some of the things the Bronco has. I do plan on test driving one when I do get a chance.
Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I love the Bronco.

Why?

I love how it is pushing Jeep to finally improve the Wrangler. Things like 392 and XR/35s from factory simply would not exist without the Bronco.

My next Wrangler will be Jeep's response to the Bronco Raptor. You know, the one with 37s and advanced bypass shocks from the factory. Can't wait for it.

Blanco Willys

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Everyone with a Bronco will hate it after about 8000 miles when that 10R50 transmission goes out. 😂😂😂 my wife’s 2020 exploder has this transmission and it blew up after 7600 miles and the new one is already having issues. I keep trying to get her to trade it for the new Grand Cherokee.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I find it very telling that everyone from Ford on down claimed that the bronco will dethrown the Wrangler in the offroad vehicle segment, and now that a handful have made it to reality, all arguments begin with how better it should ride on road. Further telling, is that the only leg that Ford and their bronco fans have to stand on is the excuse of how "most" owners never actually use them offroad.

Plain and simple. If one wants to look the part and play the part, get a Wrangler and deal with sub optimal on road handling. If one just wants to look the part, get a bronco and deal with its watered down offroad and shit hitting the fan capability.

Jeep Wrangler JL Just look at this R&T article about why the Bronco is a better Wrangler 1627664427523
Jeep Wrangler JL Just look at this R&T article about why the Bronco is a better Wrangler 20201023_102215

Sponsored

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
I have a Bronco on order (since 7/14/20!!). I have never driven one on-road, only off-road at the Bronco off-rodeo. It's a very nice vehicle and will be fun to add to the collection. Will it replace the Rubicon or the old TJ, probably not. Both of those have proven themselves off-road. The TJ will never be a highway vehicle. The JLURD....I can drive it all day on the interstate no problem. Is it as comfortable or easy to drive as my F150....no. I see the Bronco becoming my over-lander.
The one thing that just got me about the article was that the author found jeeps Annoying! I'm more interested in reviews by people that have some idea about the vehicles they are reviewing. He did say he now loves the Wrangler - not sure what he means by that other than understanding why people would own such vehicles.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Get a load of this guy. Bronco is more comfy than a Wrangler so therefore superior.
Yep, for 90%+ of the soccer moms that buy a Wrangler, the Bronco would be a better choice. I see no harm in saying that, and really wish they would buy it instead of the Wrangler. Maybe then I wouldn't see so many mall crawlers.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I love the Bronco.

Why?

I love how it is pushing Jeep to finally improve the Wrangler. Things like 392 and XR/35s from factory simply would not exist without the Bronco.

My next Wrangler will be Jeep's response to the Bronco Raptor. You know, the one with 37s and advanced bypass shocks from the factory. Can't wait for it.
This.

KarlN

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited 4XE
Occupation
Retired
I find it very telling that everyone from Ford on down claimed that the bronco will dethrown the Wrangler in the offroad vehicle segment, and now that a handful have made it to reality, all arguments begin with how better it should ride on road. Further telling, is that the only leg that Ford and their bronco fans have to stand on is the excuse of how "most" owners never actually use them offroad.

Plain and simple. If one wants to look the part and play the part, get a Wrangler and deal with sub optimal on road handling. If one just wants to look the part, get a bronco and deal with its watered down offroad and shit hitting the fan capability.

Jeep Wrangler JL Just look at this R&T article about why the Bronco is a better Wrangler 20201023_102215
4Xe stock vs. badlands Sasquatch stock...

20211121_145638.jpg

Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Before anybody criticizes the Bronco for being more street friendly go back through this entire forum and see how many posts you can find with Jeep owners complaining about the Jeep’s vague steering, seat discomfort and the “harsh ride” of the Rubicon model
Exactly. My 392 seats are some of the worst seats of any vehicle I’ve ever owned. I get 11.2MPG. And my steering is getting worse as it pulls heavy to the right. With all that said, I still wouldn’t trade it for a Bronco under any circumstance .

I would consider adding an AWD SUV like a Mercedes GLE for ski trips, but I wouldn’t replace my 392 for any reason. I just love it too much. The Bronco isn’t as comfy as an GLE and it just isn’t as good off road as Wrangler. To me I don’t see the appeal but I don’t hate it either.

With all that said, my current steering issue is starting to drive me crazy, but if that meant Jeep ditching SFA, I would gladly take my “alignment” issues.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
He ends with this?

For that reason, I love the Ford Bronco. But now that I understand it, I think I love the Wrangler, too.
Mainstream auto journalists have to ride the fence because they need to get invited to all of the manufacturers’ launch events. That way, when Jeep releases the mid-cycle Wrangler refresh, they can write headlines like:

“REFRESHED WRANGLER TELLS BRONCO TO STEP OUTSIDE!”

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Yep, for 90%+ of the soccer moms that buy a Wrangler, the Bronco would be a better choice. I see no harm in saying that, and really wish they would buy it instead of the Wrangler. Maybe then I wouldn't see so many mall crawlers.
Be carful for what you wish. They would likely raise the price on ours to make up for the lost profit

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
"Steering that doesn’t exhaust the driver by demanding constant corrections. Mirrors that are permanently affixed to the truck"

Two legit things Jeep should definitely address IMO. The steering being #1. I have the new steering box and while it did help the Jeep still wanders.

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
"Steering that doesn’t exhaust the driver by demanding constant corrections. Mirrors that are permanently affixed to the truck"

Two legit things Jeep should definitely address IMO. The steering being #1. I have the new steering box and while it did help the Jeep still wanders.
Agree.... and why did my '96 Grand Cherokee with solid front axles drive like a dream but they can't get the Wrangler right 25 years later?
Sponsored